3.8.11.XX Update problems

I have been having issues with the updates since August 11th, it seems like select mods are just failing to install/update. Infact the only mods that are installing are sound, crosshair and garage background mods. The ones that I know are not updateing are the contour and XVM mods, mods that add distance rings to the mini-map and the max draw box and the mod that adds server pings to the garage.

python.log

_Aslain_logs.zip

Too drunk to look at logs today (not like I'm any better at it when sober though), so I'll just throw out ideas right now.

It sounds like an issue that I had once, where things didn't get downloaded, even if I selected them in the installer.

Had to either delete all DLC stuff before you run the installer or run the installer at least twice in a row.

That being said, this issue is supposed to be fixed (and fixed for me, as far as I can tell).

Other things you can test out and see if they help any are:

1.) Install like this post-142-0-62858800-1408485068_thumb.png

2.) Update runtime software on your PC (either manually or via stuff like https://ninite.com/).

Normal things to update would be .NET, Shockwave and Java.

Additionally: If you're using windows 8(+), you can check if .NET 3.5 is activated already, so it can run older applications flawlessly (google it for infos about that).

3.) Try using right-click > run as admin on the installer and/or disable your firewall / antivirus temporarily when installing.

That's just stuff you can do, while waiting for a response that might actually help you.

Hard to narrow the issue down otherwise (for me anyway).

At least one can exclude issues with the things above, by following those steps.