Client Won't Launch Properly

Hi guys,

WoT was working fine yesterday. Updated Aslain mod today and having client issues. I open the client, press Play and the game seems to launch. Screen goes blank for a second then I'm back at the desktop. In the taskbar, WoT is running, I even hear the sounds but it won't let me switch over to that window.

Any ideas?

******************Update

Apologies, here are my logs.

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.zip

WoTLauncher.zip

I too am having a similar problem.  Today I updated to newest version, made sure I did a clean full install and removed contents of the 2 caches.  I watched one replay (wotreplays) and that was fine, but was unable to load 2nd replay.  It opens for a split second and disappears.  When I launch the game (to play), I click on the "play" button, and again it briefly loads, but disappears. 

I reinstalled mod pack, but this time removed the "replay manger", figuring it may be this.  Same problem.

Unlike the above guy, it isn't running in background.  I have checked task manager and it's not running.  It appears to just turn off.

Edit:

If I update mod pack, i can play 1 game session. If i log out, I cannot play any more until I reinstall mod pack.

Do you have older versions we can use?

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

I had the same issue, i had play all the day without problems by hours, and when i quit the game and next reconnected, just after click "Play" at launcher, the game dissappears.

I solved it running my earlier ".15" version and now the game runs normally all the times when i log in.

• Upvote 1

Running into the same issue, worked fine until earlier today.

Closed the game, came back a few hours later and had this issue. 

Went and downloaded the latest installed, reinstalled.

Game worked fine, logged out and back in and crashing again.

Seems to be a persistent issue with a few on the NA servers as a few posts are showing up on the WoT support forums about this.

Aslain just tossing some info out there that may help you sort this out.

Here's another fourm thread, but I don't think anything is in it that's not in the one you posted in earlier.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/381926-click-play-on-launcher-nothing-happens/page__fromsearch__1

I logged on immediately after the micropatch downtime and played on at least three different log in occassions without issues.

Then sometime last night I (and the others) started having issues.

Each re install would allow me to log onto game - actually I only reinstalled the modpack multiple times to see if that would work.   Partway through those reinstalls I decided to install carousel mod. 

Since this morning I read and tried Roughnecks fix (renamed that daapi folder) and it's worked and the carousel mod is working as well without having to reinstall the modpack.

Now something that might help explain it.

When I first encountered the problem the first time the following.

I hit my game client then Windows buttoned out to log into the fourm.  When I came back to the client launcher it had a message along the lines of update cancelled by user.  I clicked whatever button was there (can't recall) and it then put the START button up on the client.  When I clicked the start button that's when the issues began for me.

Wondering if they stuck another update in even if it was just to the launcher after the earlier micropatch.  Or it may be that my exiting out via Windows key caused the update cancelled message.  However I routinely exit out after I start the launcher with the windows key to log in to forum, etc... while the launcher loads without issue.

Hope some of that helps.

• Administrator

I will try to explain the issue:

For some unknow reason either ModSettingsAPI or TankCarousel mod are bugging the original WoT files, as long as you use those mods, your game might work fine (although unstable) but if you try to remove them, you will be not able to run the game at all.

Solution is to reinstall the game totaly (or copy few files over), but the issue might be back, the way it was there before.

Possible fix in attachment (to fix WoT, not to fix wot + carousel and other fishy mods)

Unpack to WoT folder.

Note: this is from my EU client, it is unknown how it may affect the other ones. Imho should work fine on all clients.

res.zip

the game was running fine on the previous versions until the patch 17 

now after i downloaded and installed it , every time i launch the game it crashes even before the login page is viewed , its like after i click enter , to play 5 s and the game crash .

i tried reinstalling the mod by another time , it worked fine .

the problem is , now with the last update to be precise 3.8.17 every time i need to enter the game i need to reinstall the mod , which is really annoying . 

all the previous mods were excellent until this one im having problems with it .

keep up the awesome work and thx in advance for the help

Oh i said i solved it very fast, i did not.. same issue with the .15 installer. Going to check the experiment one.

It will work one time only after every different modpack version u install, until you close it :P