Mod Pack Suggestion

Hey, great installer. I love it and I spread the word of it's existence any chance I get.

I had an idea. Would it be possible for you to add the words "New" and/or "Updated" next to the component in the installer selection screen? Perhaps use some fancy icons or something?

That would be helpful to see what has changed from the last install.

Just an idea. Keep up the great work.

• Upvote 1

Just add the word NEW or UPDATED after the mod that was added or updated in the mod selection list.

For example, when you updated Gnomefather's Historical Realism mods, it would look like this

Gnomefather's Historical Realism mods - UPDATED

This would make it easier to see new and updated items in the list when you run the installer.

If you added a new Vehicle Contour Icon pack, you would list it like this...

GenPanzer - NEW

You can get fancier than just words and use a pic or a gif or you could just highlight the whole line or underline updates and bold new items, etc. Your choice.

hmmm but when u start wot.. it says  new madpack available..and contains all new stuff whats updated, so no need to upgrade daily or 3rd day aslains modpack, ps..u dont need to upgrade to see whats new, just check the link on aslains wot page,that i have done now for months, easy peasy :)

• Administrator

I update when I want, and when I feels like it and also when it is needed, there is no mandatory update if you don't want to. 

You may as well visit it here weekly and download a cumulative update :)

Changes are listed in changeslog but I can understand it is sometimes difficult to find it on the list. I'm working on marking it, but cannot promise anything, it's not as easy as the general idea.

I understand the changelog has all the updates and additions and that is great and very useful. I use that before I consider redownloading and re-running the mod.

But, this idea came from when something new was added and I had a hard time finding it in the list (granted a hard time is relative because it's not like it took me hours, but it also didn't take me 2 seconds either). I thought, "If there was only a way to see the new stuff in the list when running the installer, it would be great." This of course spawned into adding something to indicate the udpates as well.

is a good idea but i thing is meaningles... you can see all the changes when you start to install de pack mod and so here in the forums

;)

That would be too harsh to say, I think.

If you think about it, even if you know what parts have been changed, it's still a long list and if the change is in the last quarter of the list, then you will have to check out (read) almost everything.

Same goes for new branches or things put into new sections, etc.

I really think that, the bigger the installer is/gets, the more useful the added notes (New or Updated or whatever) would be.

Can find those things more easily while just scrolling down like a monkey.  :rolleyes:

But no pressure, Aslain!

I understand that it involves more work for you too, so just have to see if it's doable or not.  B)