After update game won't accept password

I installed the .18 update and the game would no longer accept my password.  I uninstalled the mod pack and now when I click play on the client the game crashes to desktop.  I can still log into the wot website so I don't think it's a wot problem.  I uninstalled the game before I read the report bug topic so I don't have the log file.  Sorry.

Just ran into this problem - is there a different version we should try? Funny thing it worked all they way though yesterday - then stopped this am. I removed and  re-installed WOT. When I run WOT without the mods - it logs in. With the mod pack it won't get past the password.

Thank you.

• Administrator

To solve you need to either reinstall whole game, or get res/scripts/ from someone who is using vanilla wot for your server.

Then download my modpack v3.8.18_v1.exe, if it is without v1 don't install it. I have made v1 hotfix to prevent this issue.

Sorry for that, but I could not test it properly on different servers.

ok - will remove game - re-download for fresh install - then do the V1 hot fix. If someone has not posted will up load the res/scrips folder of the clean install from the NA server prior to applying the mod pack.

Take care

• Upvote 1

Hey!  It WORKED for me!

I renamed the folder:

World_of_Tanks\res\scripts

to:

World_of_Tanks\res\scripts_old

Then I opened Newbie's res_scripts_NA (posted at 10:34 a.m. today) using 7-zip (my preference) so I could see the "scripts" folder, left-click/dragged the "scripts" folder up into the folder

World_of_Tanks\res

That created the folder/path

I started WoT and did NOT see the "incorrect password" problem - went into the garage properly!  Then I exited WoT and re-started (to see if yesterday's issue with the 3.8.17 modpack disappeared) - it was successful as well!

I did NOT do a full re-install of WoT.  Thank you NEWBIE for the scripts folder!!!  Thank YOU for doing that full re-install and posting back here!!!

• Upvote 2

Hi

res\scripts files from clean install worked fine. Tanks to Somtaaw.

Only thing, u have to go to XVM site and dé-activate account and re-activate it (not only prolong). Then XVM works again.

Tanks a lot for this post.

• Upvote 1

Hey!  It WORKED for me!

I renamed the folder:

to:

World_of_Tanks\res\scripts_old

Then I opened Newbie's res_scripts_NA (posted at 10:34 a.m. today) using 7-zip (my preference) so I could see the "scripts" folder, left-click/dragged the "scripts" folder up into the folder

World_of_Tanks\res

That created the folder/path

I started WoT and did NOT see the "incorrect password" problem - went into the garage properly!  Then I exited WoT and re-started (to see if yesterday's issue with the 3.8.17 modpack disappeared) - it was successful as well!

I did NOT do a full re-install of WoT.  Thank you NEWBIE for the scripts folder!!!  Thank YOU for doing that full re-install and posting back here!!!

This is a confirmed fix for me. Thanks to everyone scrambling to get this resolved. Aslains is well worth it!

• Upvote 1

hey hey

I just downloaded the game made sure I could login to the American server, then downloaded the new mod pack update and all works except for xvm which I am getting a bbad token erro not sure if that is related

thanks

Papa

Just activate stats on their website again, I suppose?

I didn't download the latest version (3.8.18_v1) as I assume the only update to it was the fixed EU scripts folder, but I used the version prior to it and replaced my scripts folder with the NA scripts provided by Somtaaw and everything is working properly.

Thank you Aslain and everyone who provided help with this.

• Administrator

I didn't download the latest version (3.8.18_v1) as I assume the only update to it was the fixed EU scripts folder, but I used the version prior to it and replaced my scripts folder with the NA scripts provided by Somtaaw and everything is working properly.

Thank you Aslain and everyone who provided help with this.

Well in 18 there is very important change in ModSettingsAPI, this mod was causing the issues after WG introduced their micropatch.

Just wanted to give thanks to the people who posted the NA scripts files and the small tutorial because i had the same problem tonight out of the blue and after giving this a shot, it fixed the problem. Once again aslain and his site has pulled through for me and it's high time i stop lurking to thank someone. 

So thanks guys, you saved my arse one more time lol.