Auto aim aids not working?

Has anyone else noticed that the auto aim mods have stoped working in the latest patch

I did new install using version Aslains_WoT_Modpack_Installer_v.4.4.28_981 with AutoAim Indication + and Autoaim extended V3.02 by spoter

and auto aim did not function

I did a reinstall to Aslains_WoT_Modpack_Installer_v.4.4.22_981 selecting the clean install and the other two check boxes and it was still broken

So i did an clean install back to version 28 and auto aim was not functioning

I then reinstalled the mod pack and removed these two mods and auto aim started working

I think that the WG micro patch broke the autoaim mods

I am writting this to see if anyone else noticed it

My autoaim doesn't seem to work at all. It still says it's binded to RMB in the options but nothing happens even if I press RMB while directly aiming on an enemy tank.

I had some early 9.8 version of the modpack where it still worked. Updated to the latest version (v4.4.29) yesterday.

AutoAim Indication+ works just fine, newest installer.

I haven't tried Autoaim Extended.

Maybe it's there the problem is - or maybe it's when you install both Autoaim Indication+ AND Autoaim Extended at the same time, that it breaks down.

I have found out the offending mod

I did a new install of the game

I started installing mods a few at a time

when I installed Autoaim extender V3.02 by spoter auto aim quit

when I did a clean install of the mod pack again with that mod uncheck auto aim started working again

so its in there some place

Thanks for the help people

Well autoaim quit working again in 4.32 and removing the new spotting extended I had added and cleaning DLC cache did not help. Finally went back to 4.31 and it is working fine. Seems it must be something added to 4.32 but I could not locate it

AutoAim Indication+ not working for me in 4.32. My previous version was 4.26

Edit: I reinstalled 4.32 without "Advanced Aiming System", and that solved the issue. Advanced Aiming System is interfering with AutoAim Indication+ for sure.

Thanks derf1

Edited by SumusImmortalis

Set it up as you suggested- no joy. it will not lock on target. In previous versions I had both checked with no problems, It has got to be the new version of spotting extended causing the problem, So its back to 4.31 for me

Edited by 6bits

As of seeing the NA ban on the latest autoaim mod, I disabled it, only to find that the vanilla version doesn't work now either. This after a clean install and deleting the DLC. Anybody got a clue?

Is there perhaps another mod in the latest download that's interfering with it?

Edited by Tinkicker
  • Administrator

As for legality Here http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/451112-autoaim-indication-is-now-illegal-on-na/

I marked it like that, because this is how I interpreted new banned mod list on Asia server (which is usually valid also on NA), I will remove that tag from AI+ once I get confirmation from WG that if's safe to use, for now it stays like that.

• 1 month later...

What about other battle types?

It works in other battle types. 

I did just open up the pyc file in notepad and noticed that all file path references are to 0.9.8.1 as below

res_mods\0.9.8.1\scripts\client\mods\autoaim_indicator.pyt

This is of course a nonexistant folder as I only have

res_mods\0.9.9\scripts\client\mods\autoaim_indicator.pyt

I have not yet modified the pyt file, but I did copy over all my 9.9 files into a 9.8.1 folder, and am about to go into clanwars now and test to see if it works. 

Edit:

Sadly that didn't fix it.

Edited by skychan