Editing the OTM?

I use Aslain's set-up and have for a long time, and cannot even play the game without it.

One thing I have never particularly liked is the tiny HP bars and always wanted to slightly edit them.  I have tried using XVM editor and such but never had luck getting it to work.

Is it possible to edit the XVM stuff (fonts, spacing, etc) of the default config with your pack Aslain?

Which file to edit and is there a specific procedure involved?  I can seem to edit a default XVM install but not when using your mod pack (I guess it uses different config files)

\res_mods\configs\xvm\Aslain\

Should work fine :)

Which file is the proper file?  I should have waited til I was at home to ask, since I can't actually look at anything at work =D

It seems like I tried to edit the config files there before and it wouldn't work.  It's been some time ago though.  I tried using that online XVM editor but I think it's old and outdated and no longer works.

Just remember you have to adjust coordinates for every single information displayed over the hp bars too. Lots of work.

Yah, I am actually a web designer (or used to be) and have been involved in many modding communities before (Skyrim, Morrowind, Dragon Age, etc) so am familiar with XML and all that sorta jazz..just suck when it comes to modding with SWF and such.  Is why I never got into WoT modding much on my own and rather used your awesome pack ;)

I will look into it tonight :)

Edited by NewYears1978

Hi

Its in markersAliveNormal.xc. Scroll down to: 

"healthBar": {
            "alpha": 100,
            "border": { "alpha": 45, "color": "0x000000", "size": 1 },
            "color": null,
            "damage": { "alpha": 100, "color": null, "fade": 1 },
            "fill": { "alpha": 50 },
            "height": 4,
            "lcolor": null,
            "visible": true,
            "width": 70,
            "x": -36,
            "y": -34

Start with "height" and "width", if it starts overlapping then you have to 
start moving everything else. And that takes time.

Remember to scroll further down for "enemy" OTMs.

Allways remember to save youre tweaks.
  • Upvote 1

I changed height and it didn't seem to change in game.  XVM settings work in replays right?  I am using replays to test.  I put 40 on height and it didn't change.  In the markersAliveNormal file.  Using Notepad++

Ah, it worked now I must have mis-saved the first time.  

Just wish there was an editor so could makes changes on fly like used to could do.  Having to make change, then load game...very tedious.

So I got most things how I want, issue is the OTM reload timer is now overlapping the player name.  I didn't move those items UP though so not sure why?

Edited by NewYears1978

Yay I finished. Still have to do the alternate mode (but I rarely use it) and some minor spacing tweaks..but it's a lot easier on my old man eyes now :P  Mostly just thicker HP bar, and tweaked font (Verdana instead of calibri) and sizes

Pic makes the OTM look a little fuzzy but in game is not fuzzy ;P

xvm_zpsefrzzonp.jpg

Full Size here: http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss171/NewYears1978/xvm_zpsefrzzonp.jpg~original

Edited by NewYears1978

Once I get this all set up Aslain is going to kindly add my settings to the installer RIGHT? LOL.  I mean, I donated twice after all! LOL.  I couldn't afford to do patreon though (We are financially struggling, business is about to go under :(

I'm kidding obviously, but when I install new modpack I can simply copy over my XVM settings files right?

Once I get this all set up Aslain is going to kindly add my settings to the installer RIGHT? LOL.  I mean, I donated twice after all! LOL.  I couldn't afford to do patreon though (We are financially struggling, business is about to go under :(

I'm kidding obviously, but when I install new modpack I can simply copy over my XVM settings files right?

Hi

Tweaking is fun. Next you might see that many mods like damagelogs et.c 

follows same principal. 

Keep your mods in a special folder according to updates. Organized is good.

If you put all your tweaks, icons, SWFs et.c inside correct foldertree beginning

with res_mods its gonna be easy to apply.

Just zip the foldertree and insert into  C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\Aslains_Custom_mods 

and Aslains installer will automatically replace them.

Hi

Tweaking is fun. Next you might see that many mods like damagelogs et.c 

follows same principal. 

Keep your mods in a special folder according to updates. Organized is good.

If you put all your tweaks, icons, SWFs et.c inside correct foldertree beginning

with res_mods its gonna be easy to apply.

Just zip the foldertree and insert into  C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\Aslains_Custom_mods 

and Aslains installer will automatically replace them.

Didn't know that was even possible! Awesome, thank you :)

I dabbled in the editor but in the end just used Notepad++.  Then I found that XCMenu or XCPad (can't remember name, am at work right now) which is made to edit XVM files..it lists them all in the editor at once via filetree on the right.  Very nice app.  If only there was a visual representation when editing rather than having to restart game over and over.  Or if you could force WoT to reload the XVM files while in game, that would be nice..but not possible to my knowledge.

But it's workable ;)

Edited by NewYears1978

Does anyone know how to edit the highlights of tanks?  I saw in a Quickybaby video that the highlight on enemies was much thicker than the default, so it must be editable.

I asked on the YT video comments, but he did not reply.  I'm old, with old eyes, so a brighter/thicker highlight would be helpful :)

Does anyone know how to edit the highlights of tanks?  I saw in a Quickybaby video that the highlight on enemies was much thicker than the default, so it must be editable.

I asked on the YT video comments, but he did not reply.  I'm old, with old eyes, so a brighter/thicker highlight would be helpful :)

Hi 

You could PM Quickybaby. Hes modpack is also available at his sight.

He tricks alot on his videos though. Havent seen where to adjust thickness 

but in Locastans mod you can change the colors of outlines, could help.

res_mods: silouhette.xml

Hi 

You could PM Quickybaby. Hes modpack is also available at his sight.

He tricks alot on his videos though. Havent seen where to adjust thickness 

but in Locastans mod you can change the colors of outlines, could help.

res_mods: silouhette.xml

I will check into it, thanks :)

Okay another question for all.

Trying to edit the colors for dmg text.  The default colors are white, which I see in the configs, but the shadow colors are colored by ally, or your dmg, etc...but in the config they are labeled:

"color: {{c:dmg}}"

Where is this color defined?  I know I could just replace the variable with a color, but curious where it is defined?  Also I see $SystemFont a lot where is that defined?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Somehow this request stuck (I hate when things pass unsolved).

http://wotspeak.ru/chity-zapreschennye-mody-world-of-tanks-wot/496-edge-detect-mod-podsvetka-konturov-tehniki-dlya-world-of-tanks.html

Edit: Should NOT be infamous "Rentgen"-mod.

• 1 month later...

I hope this is the best thread to put this question/request:  Updated mods last night, and OTM "Max Info" overlaps player name.  I have option to not check player name, but would like to see their name while in game.

What I'm really looking for is an "almost max info" setting that shows:  Vehicle Name, Player Name, health bar, hp/hp, vehicle type (ie: light, med, heavy) icon, and most important HEALTH PERCENTAGE LEFT.

MY QUESTION: Is there an adjustment to move name higher up above the Max Info numbers, or eliminate those numbers if I don't really need to see their stats?

During skirmishes, caller always yells out target by percentage left.  "Cromwell at 48%" 

I can't see the percentages with my previous settings, so last night I updated adding MAX INFO and now the Vehicle Name overlaps Player Name.

Max Info option seems to be the only option with health percentage shown.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

In game name NA server: Racewires     (ps: I have never tweeked xvm, so be gentle)

Edited by Racewires

Hi

Pictures are worth thousands of words but lets focus on getting the name higher. 

Goto: C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\configs\xvm\Aslain 

Open with Notepad++: markersAliveNormal.xc

Scroll to: 

{
              "alpha": 100,
              "color": null,
              "font": { "align": "center", "bold": true, "italic": false, "name": "Calibri", "size": 12 },
              "format": "{{name}}",
 ------->  "name": "Player name",
              "shadow": { "alpha": 100, "angle": 45, "color": "0x000000", "distance": 1, "size": 2, "strength": 200 },
              "visible": false,
              "x": 0,
              "y": -53
            },

Change this value:  "y":-53

Scroll further down for "Enemy"- markers and do the same adjustement.

Remember to save for updates

It worked!!!  Thank you so much!

I set "y":-68 and "font" "size":16

It' looks great

Just one problem I've encountered now is there is no animated reload counter over the targets anymore!   This was true before I started tweaking the code.  

Where can I find that mod and I'm guessing moving it up higher above the Max Info OTM??

OTM+overlap+-68+and+Font+16_1441050179.j

Oh Oh... I just realized the OTM isn't showing me the Hit Point Remaining percentage to the right of the Health bar.....  That's what I was looking for.

Did I not select it correctly?

Ideally, I would like the OTM to show Player Name, Tank Name, Health bar, hp/hp, type icon (light,med,heavy,td,spg), squad number, and hp percent remaining.   I don't really need to see how many battles fought, ranking, or ratio, since that's shown on the team info.

Ok... was able to hack my way thru with a lot of trial and error... able to remove all global ratings and ratios that I didn't care to see (visable = false).. that was easy enough.  Also made the fonts bigger so these old eyes can see them better (size 18)...  Where the vehicle rating % was to the right of the health bar, I still would like the HP percentage to show... except I don't know how to write the code for that.  I know the position because I turned off the vehicle rating %, I just need the code to show percentage health left, and I'm gonna make that font huge as well.

Thank you for all your help you guys... And thank you Aslain for all your hard work keeping all these mods going!   "Once you go mod, you never go back!"

- Race

Edited by Racewires