.Net Framework 3.5 Installation Popup

While in game, the .Net Framework installation will popup anytime I get spotted and takes the controls out of the game so I die. Really annoying.

After removing "Sixth Sense Duration by BirrettaMalefica," the popup didn't appear again.

Please remove this from the mod pack until the creator removes this, thanks.

DxDiag.txt

.Net Framework 3.5 should also have been distributed to you by Microsoft ages ago. The mentioned mod requires this framework to work properly.

I don't see this mentioned in the modpack or on the forum post. 

Additionally, why would a python script require the .Net framework?

As to why the framework isn't installed, I just did a clean install of 8.1 and Visual Studio 2013 (apparently VS 2013 only installs 4, 4.5, and 4.5.1), so I was definitely surprised to see that I needed to install it. I would have to install the "feature" for 3.5 to have it installed, which I didn't do because I didn't think I would need to.

Edited by Stevoni

As most of the people (Win XP/7/8.0 or upgraded from 8.0 to 8.1) already have .NET 3.5 installed this usually doesn't happen, hence there is no mention of this in the modpack. Python can do all sorts of things including calling upon a .NET framework API to handle requests and present these in an overlay. The use of such a way is completely up to the coder of any mod.

I'm not saying this is the right way of coding, but it this specific case it happened to be a required feature.

I can't promise anything but I'll contact Aslain and ask if he would include a notion of the required framework in the description text.

I do hope this is to your satisfaction :)