Some Extra Information about Aslain's Mod Pack

Hello everyone!

I've noticed a few things that many people often miss about Aslain's Mod Pack. In this Thread, I will discuss them in detail. I hope this is of some use!

The topics that I will cover are:

• Basic Installation PSA
  • Mixing Aslain's Mod Pack with other mod packs
  • Files that Aslain's Mod Pack leaves behind in your Game Client.
  • Partial Un-installation
  • In-game Crashes and Freezes
  • Other Information

[basic Installation PSA]

• Whilst downloading Aslain's Mod Pack, there will not be a shortcut on the Desktop. If you are planning on using the same version of the installer in the future, go to your Downloads folder, and Create a Shortcut on your Desktop. This is also where you can access all versions of Aslain's Mod Pack that you have downloaded in the past.
  • You may select the installer's language upon start-up. You may not change the language once you have gone past the Language pop-up. If you have selected the wrong language, turn off the installer, and turn it back on again. You will then be able to select the correct language.
  • If Google Chrome says that Aslain's Mod Pack contains a virus, don't believe it! Google Chrome often sends off false alarms. Aslain's mod-pack is absolutely safe to use.
  • If you cancel the installation of selected mods in the middle of the process, some traces of the modifications may remain. In order to remove these, simply go to your res_mods folder and delete them, or run a clean installation next time you download mods.

[Mixing Aslain's Mod Pack with other mod packs]

• You can use multiple mod packs with your game client. In order to avoid conflicts, make sure that you're not installing the same mod twice, or installing an out-dated mod with a different mod pack. As long as you're installing different mods, and up-to-date mods, there should be no conflicts.
  • You may notice that some other mod packs have similar lay-outs to Aslain's installer. Make sure that you read the buttons carefully. Some other mod pack authors use similar appearances, but may place certain buttons in different locations. Double check what you are pressing! This applies to Aslain's Mod Pack too!
  • Other mod packs may or may not over-write mods that Aslain's Mod Pack has installed. Chances are, they will over-write and update your current mods. If this does not happen, un-install Aslain's Mod Pack, and remove any traces of it.

[Files that Aslain's Mod Pack leaves behind in your Client]

There are several different files that Aslain's Mod Pack will leave behind in your Client.

The file names are:

• Aslains_Downloaded_Files

This is where all of the archived Downloadable Content (DLC) files end up after you finish installing Aslain's Mod Pack. If you wish to remove Aslain's Mod Pack in the future, but keep one of these mods, simply drag the appropriate RAR file to your Desktop.

• _Aslains_Installer

This is the text file that the Installer creates and leaves behind whilst installing your mods. This is essentially an event log of everything that the installer has done.

• _Aslains_Installer_CompList

This is a ReadMe file of all of the most recently installed mods and selected options. If for whatever reason Aslain's Mod Pack does not detect your most previously saved settings (usually due to a cache clearing), then this ReadMe file is where you can find exactly which mods and options you had selected.

• _Aslains_Installer_Options (Setup Information)

This file also states which mods you had most recently installed. However, this is a file that Aslain's Mod Pack may read and use to pre-set these settings the next time you run a Custom Installation (if I am correct)

• _Aslains_Installer_Options (Text file)

This is a Text File for Aslain's Installer. This file is not directly used by Aslain's Mod Pack, rather it's a remainder after an installation has been run. It's essentially a text file of the Setup information.

• unins001

This is the un-installation wizard for Aslain's Mod Pack. Double click on it and follow the steps to remove Aslain's Mod Pack from your computer.

You might also see a file called:

• IMPORTANT REGARDING THIS VERSION

This file is left behind by GnomeFather's Historical Realism Gun Sounds Mod. Since GnomeFather's Mod is part of DLC, Aslain's Installer uses all of the files that GnomeFarther left behind in his mod, including the Read Me file. Deleting it will have absolutely no effect on your computer.

[Partial Un-installation]

If you want to un-install only some of the mods within Aslain's Mod Pack, you have two options.

1. Manually look through your res_mods folder and remove the un-wanted modifications
  2. Run Aslain's Mod Pack again, except de-selcect all of the mods that you do not want. Make sure that your desired mods are still selected, and then run a Clean Installation. This will remove the un-wanted mods, and will re-install the mods that you want to keep.

[in-Game Crashes and Freezes]

If you are experience crashes and/or freezes in-game, there is most likely a conflict with some of the mods that you have installed.

For example, if you install several different sound mods of the same type, an internal conflict error may occur and cause your game to crash.

The sound mods are most likely responsible for any freezing that you will experience; especially GnomeFather's Sound Mod. Whilst known as a great mod, it is notorious for causing a screen-freeze for a few seconds whenever multiple tanks are spotted in the beginning of the battle.

If your game begins crashing, this is either caused by a mod conflict (perhaps a sound mod conflict, or a conflict with other mods you had previously installed, or your computer may have ran out of memory. If you heavily mod your Game Client, and put a lot of stress on your processor, your game (whilst uncommon) may crash. Sound mods and lighting mods usually are the causes of these kinds of crashes.

[Other Information]

• If you are experiencing a problem with Aslain's Mod Pack, you should first try a Clean installation, as well as clear your World of Tanks and Installer Cache files. If this does not work, upload your CompList and Installer Text File, and someone may be able to help resolve your issue.
  • If you have pinned Aslain's European Forum Thread for download convenience, you should consider pinning Aslain.com instead, since Aslain has moved his download link here.

If I made any errors or missed something, please let me know; and I will fix it immediately!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 10
  • Downvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...

where exactly are these located?

There is an option to clear these at the last step of Aslain's Installer. Where you select options such as "Clean installation, normal installation, etc." you may find these. Otherwise, they may be manually located by following these steps:

• Press the Windows Key + R
  • Search for %AppData%
  • Click on WarGaming.net
  • Inside of the WarGaming.net folder, you will find a folder entitled "WorldofTanks". Delete this folder in order to clear out your cache.

where do i find this, excactly?

You may find this in the following directory: C:/Games/World of Tanks/aslains_downloaded_files

They are also stored within: C:/Games/World of Tanks/Aslains_DLC_cache

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Before I came to use Aslains mods, I used to download the modpack that OMC is providing.  There I could just add something if I forgot a mod or they had new content. It left the rest of the modpack as it was.  Is that possible with Aslains as well?  I've tried it and it didn't seem to work.  Can you please tell me, if it is  possible, how to do it?

Before I came to use Aslains mods, I used to download the modpack that OMC is providing.  There I could just add something if I forgot a mod or they had new content. It left the rest of the modpack as it was.  Is that possible with Aslains as well?  I've tried it and it didn't seem to work.  Can you please tell me, if it is  possible, how to do it?

Well, you can/have to just run the installer again and tick/untick whatever you want to change.

With a clean install you should then always get what you want.

Takes a bit longer, depending on how many and what mods you are installing, but it's not too inconvenient.

If you only wanted to add a mod, you could probably do that as well, by using Normal installation.

However, removing wouldn't work with that and installing this way may also lead to "faulty" or useless files.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...

Would it not be possibol to pin up the idividual mods settings options fx, Balcalmod keybinder posibillities can changed with these :

"current setup is : <BalCalcKey>16</BalCalcKey>

1 = 2
2 = 3
3 = 4
4 = 5
5 = 6
6 = 7
7 = 8
8 = 9
9 = 10
0 = 11
Q = 16
W = 17
E = 18
R = 19
T = 20
Y = 21
U = 22
I = 23
O = 24
P = 25
A = 30
S = 31
D = 32
F = 33
G = 34
H = 35
J = 36
K = 37
L = 38
Z = 44
X = 45
C = 46
V = 47
B = 48
N = 49
M = 50
F1 = 59
F2 = 60
F3 = 61
F4 = 62
F5 = 63
F6 = 64
F7 = 65
F8 = 66
F9 = 67
F10 = 68
F11 = 87
F12 = 88
F13 = 100
F14 = 101
F15 = 102

MOUSE0 = 256 #ËÊÌ
MOUSE1 = 257 #ÏÊÌ
MOUSE2 = 258 #ÑÊÌ
MOUSE3 = 259
MOUSE4 = 260
MOUSE5 = 261
MOUSE6 = 262

etc you seee my point i hope.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi Everybody!

I hope I am writing my post in the right place. I use the Aslain mod pack and I think it is wonderful :)
I could configure all important things but I would like to ask some help in one of them. I want to move (or delete) one of information on the screen, but I do not know where can I modify it. Can you help me?

Which mod is this? How can I modify it?

Aslain_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Thank you for your help!

Update:
I have found! :)
...\res_mods\configs\spoter_mods\spotted_extended\spotted_extended.json
Edited by SzKaman
  • 2 months later...

I am rather new at using this MOD and wanted to know if it is possible to simply return to the Settings to make additional changes you did not make after initial installation.  I have not managed to find a way without doing a new install each time and I am sure this is not how it is intended, or is it?   Thanks for any advice. 

I am rather new at using this MOD and wanted to know if it is possible to simply return to the Settings to make additional changes you did not make after initial installation.  I have not managed to find a way without doing a new install each time and I am sure this is not how it is intended, or is it?   Thanks for any advice. 

You can, to an extent. After selecting the new mods you want, simply remove the "Clean install" checkbox, and install. However, make sure you don't have any of the current mods selected, as you'll just end up overwriting them. Select the new ones, deselect current ones, deselect Clean Install, and then run the installer.

Hopefully Aslain will correct me if I'm wrong.

• Administrator

If you like to make some further changes that are available via installer, simply re-run it, and select clean install, to make sure you will have no leftovers, normal install is only for people who need it for some reasons (mostly very advanced users, modders etc.).

• 4 months later...

I have used your MOD installer for a couple of years. I love it. Recently I have had issue where I install  (clean) and can start and run the game ok.

But next time I log back in it gets to the startup orange line crossing the screen (before the flames) and then crashes back to windows. If I reinstall using same download...same thing. I then have to wait for your next version to download and clean install but only get one session before my computer says no!

I then have to uninstall Aslains to play and I then find it hard re-adapting and playing without your mods, especially multi carousel, the zoom in/out and Melty's crosshair

What would stop WOT loading with Aslains subsequent to the first time use? Any suggestions?? 

i'M loosing my Boom!!

On 5/19/2016 at 7:11 AM, Boom said:

I have used your MOD installer for a couple of years. I love it. Recently I have had issue where I install  (clean) and can start and run the game ok.

But next time I log back in it gets to the startup orange line crossing the screen (before the flames) and then crashes back to windows. If I reinstall using same download...same thing. I then have to wait for your next version to download and clean install but only get one session before my computer says no!

I then have to uninstall Aslains to play and I then find it hard re-adapting and playing without your mods, especially multi carousel, the zoom in/out and Melty's crosshair

What would stop WOT loading with Aslains subsequent to the first time use? Any suggestions?? 

i'M loosing my Boom!!

There's no reason it works and then stops other than something is corrupting the data (virus/hdd errors) or something is blocking (antivirus/spyware)

Try disabling your Antivirus or Antispyware :)

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I may have missed it but I didn't see it. I get asked a lot about the Windows 10 warning about unsafe .exe on initiating the installer.

To get past this, click on the "More Info" link, at which point you will get an option to "Run Anyway".

Cheers, and thanks for the great guide!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 4/18/2017 at 2:11 PM, JesterAL said:

I may have missed it but I didn't see it. I get asked a lot about the Windows 10 warning about unsafe .exe on initiating the installer.

To get past this, click on the "More Info" link, at which point you will get an option to "Run Anyway".

Cheers, and thanks for the great guide!

Yeah, I'll add that in when I update the guides. Thanks for reminding me! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Scorpiany, just lately since doing what I thought was a delete and clean install, whenever I download and update the mods, I'm getting the following message,

"You must complete the installation\client update before you proceed with mods insatallation"

Can you help with fixing this?

Thanks