Weak spots skins

I want to use for a little time a weakspots skin mod for know where i can penetrate with more chance the different tanks and i want to ask you all about skins that show ONLY that. I know where to penetrate all tanks, but depends in what circunstance i am, i can get a bit nervous and dont remember at that moment the best spot to fire, or a tank that i dont usually see in battle i can forgot them, so for train that, i want a mod that can help me to memorize them better.

I dont want to know where are the modules or the crew, only where are the best spots for shot and make damage.

This mod exist?

The easiest way to go would, probably, be using Goha.ru ones from the installer.

There are others out there, that you can look up just by googling and maybe try out yourself, if you feel like it.

Have to always check what each color means, since the weaker spots do have different colors with each pack.

Sometimes green indicates "best chance of penetrating", sometimes it's purple or white.. Really depends on the mod you use.

An easier way to go about it though, is to memorize a few areas that usually have a higher chance of getting through:

- lower frontal plate

- sides (of turret and hull)

- back (of turret and hull)

- cupola

- turret ring (area between the turret and hull)

- track wheels (pin them down and if you don't do damage, you can still hope your allies do or simply try to get out of a sticky situation)

So if you trade shots, it depends on what parts of the tank you can see and usually one of the above-mentioned will be visible.

If you know that you will have to aim for weakspots and can't quite make them out, then you should wait for a better opportunity.

If you are forced into close combat and dance with the enemy (granted, it's not something you can just penetrate all day anyway [lights/mediums]) you have to try to learn a few things that a.) give you an advantage and b.) help you to deal damage.

When you can circle an enemy, then do so and try to get to his sides/rear.

Avoid auto-aim if you have to get too close, as it might target the enemy's turret (which likely will turn towards you).

With more distance, auto-aim is great though, to target the side/back of the hull.

The hardest part can be when you're in each other's face, imo.

You don't know if he just drives into you or if he tries to make maneuvers, if he stays still so you can aim or if he is giving you a hard time; plus you might be nervous and panic.

In those situations it can help if you aim for the cupola/mashine gun port on the top or the turret ring (even might try to back up a bit to get to the ring or the side of the hull and then go forward again so the enemy can only hit your turret).

After you shoot, you can try to raise your gun/camera towards the sky (so your gun/gun mantlet absorbs the shot) and/or wiggle your turret around (gives you a chance to bounce shots at your cupola).

If all fails and you can't pen, use "gold" ammo to give you the edge you need (you should always carry about enough to kill at least 1 tank in your tier - check in the ammo guide).

Sounds like a coward-move but this ammo is a part of the game and if it helps you to get out of one bad situation, it might win you the game and it's the smart thing to do; despite what a lot of people might say.

So, try to pick your fights and if you can't get a clear idea of what to do, it might just be easier to get out of that situation and relocate or just try to hold your position until friends arrive (without taking damage).

If you don't know what you're doing, then you're usually dead quickly and if you keep shooting at something and can't penetrate it (out of whatever reason [distance, too low pen, enemy angling]), you should stop trying and shift your attention elsewhere.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I never said that im a new player and i need a guide about how to play, im a 4k games player that is doing 1500-1800 wn8 sessions all days and i think i know all the mechanics of the game but i want to remember them more automatic if its possible, but thanks anyway, that can help any new player that read this post.

The post is about if anyone know about a skin mod that ONLY show the weak spots, not the modules or crew. I searched a lot in google and cant find one, so thats why i did the post.

If anyone know a mod like i said and tell it to me i will apreciate it so much.

Thanks.

• Downvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

You could also use Roughnecks gunsight. When you point it at a tank the entire sight changes color to indicate probability of pen. But when you place the center of the sight on target it will show the armor thickness at that point. As you move the sight around that value changes.

I never said that im a new player and i need a guide about how to play, im a 4k games player that is doing 1500-1800 wn8 sessions all days and i think i know all the mechanics of the game but i want to remember them more automatic if its possible, but thanks anyway, that can help any new player that read this post.

The post is about if anyone know about a skin mod that ONLY show the weak spots, not the modules or crew. I searched a lot in google and cant find one, so thats why i did the post.

If anyone know a mod like i said and tell it to me i will apreciate it so much.

Thanks.

There aren't mods that show weakspots directly.

However, MeltyMap's Math Mod shows you the exact amount of armor that you are shooting at (as well as what your current effective penetration is), so that could be of use. In addition, using the Tank Info Panel will tell you the general armor and gun values of any vehicle you highlight (including your own). Using both together can help you significantly.