1st Shot Blues

Is it me or is there some kind of bug in this game?  Exactly how long must I still motionless, with my target illuminated, before my first shot will come ANYWHERE CLOSE?  It doesn't seem to matter what tank I have, the first shot is so far off it's not even funny.

Can't say that I've noticed something like that with the first shot but I'd probably make lag responsible for it.

I assume, that the first shot is being fired when targets have just been spotted, map details loaded, you changing into sniper mode perhaps and all that stuff.

I can imagine that calculating all those things + mods + server-side lag could cause issues like that.

A different thing, that I've been wondering about, is the accuracy when having had a tank in your sights and then trying to lead or blind-shot (as in, you don't target the tank anymore but space where it was or where it will be).

Sometimes it seems that those shots are way off sometimes, compared to shots into the same location but with the corsshair on the enemy (enemy lit up again or moved back into your sights).

@Almace - to your point of accuracy when leading or blind firing - with the reticle on-target, WoT automatically adjusts the actual elevation of the gun to compensate for range.  This is how we can hit a target at 100 meters, and also at 400 meters without having to compensate for range, velocity, wind, etc ourselves.... This is totally unrelated to auto-aim (which is a separate feature), but applies to it as well.  This creates a problem when we are trying to lead a moving target because the server doesn't know what we are trying to do.  The server thinks we have actually aimed at the rock in the dirt on the hill, and will adjust gun elevation accordingly.  I only get good results leading targets when they are relatively close, and running perpendicular on flat ground, or, running directly towards or away from me on slopes (when I am above them).

As for the problem I'm having - I can roll into position, stop my tank, sight-in on a stationary enemy, zoom in in sniper mode, place reticle on weak spot, count to 3, release the round, and watch as it sails over horizon, or slams into the ground 50 meters away, nobody moves (1st shot is so bad enemy doesn't know he's being shot at), shoot again and second shot will be within published dispersion.  I also have server reticle enabled so I can see "what the server sees".  And I'm happy to report that I do not, have not, and hope to never suffer from lag issues (30-50 FPS, 25-40ms ping) always

@Scorpiany - I'm both surprised and disappointed that you haven't seen this.  I was thinking it was only NA servers doing it. Do you play anything other than tier 10's?  I don't go above tier 8.  Maybe it's only lower tiers or something.

I have found this to be true in many instances.  My solution?  I use the 6 step, 30x sniper zoom, zoom in let the reticle center then scroll 1 CLICK BACK and let the reticle re-center. Most times it will relocate and you will have no problem with your first shot.

the whole process happens faster than I can relate, so you aren't sitting still for a long period of time...

Try it and see if that helps.  good luck.