Please help reposition screen reports in the game window (Spoter's?)

GDavid

Hi all, hopefully this will help others too with many thanks to Quaksen...

EDIT: Moving Hitlog, Spoter's Mission (Quest mod) and advanced armor info...

Default screen locations for hitlog and other reports don't often display in the right positions on resolutions like 2560x1440/1600 or 4K monitors.

TIP: Edit a game or garage screenshot in Paint or somesuch, the cursor x/y co-ordinates are listed at the bottom of the Paint window...
Capture.JPG

I've beeh repositioning my hitlog (received damage) by editing a few lines (and numbers) using notepad/notepad++ (NOT WORD):-

/worldoftanks/res_mods/configs/xvm/Aslain/Hitlog.xc

EDIT:

Numbers changed in BOLD:

"hitLog": {

"visible": true,

"x": 25,           

"w": 600,

"y": 500

Placing my hitlog here:

shot_016edit.jpg

Can someone please identify these encirled mods and which files need editing for repositioning:

EDITED: (Sorry, this is half my custom resolution for ledgibility and screen estate)

(Circled ON LEFT) found here: \res_mods\configs\spoter_mods\angel_extended\angel_extended_config.json

(As advised by Quaksen)

EDIT: Still unsure about settings and control of second encircled area on RHS...

shot_018crop.jpg

EDIT: \res_mods\configs\spoter_mods\armoring_extended\armoring_extended.json

Controls the following, see post #10 for explanation.

shot_019LHS%20detail.jpg moved to RHS> shot_020edit.jpg

Edited by GDavid
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Would I be right in suggesting the "Missions mod" is Quests related?

Also placement in garage is in need of a change as it obscures the (selected) Vehicle details panel on the right side of the garage....

I just can't seem to lock down which files need altering... Could someone please help?

Edited by GDavid

Tak again.

Unsure about an answer to your question Quaksen, really don't know what I'm doing with json files. Reverted to backup of previous angel_extended_config.json and this is what I have atm:

shot_018again.jpg

To be honest I'd actually prefer the mission/quest detail on the other side of the monitor under the enemy team, but like I stated; I really don't know what I'm trying to edit in a json...

"Graphical_settings": {
        "background": {
            "enable": false, (IF THIS IS FALSE, IGNORE THIS SECTION)
        }, 
        "text": {
            "alignX": "left", (CAN BE SET TO "left,center,right")
            "alignY": "top", (CAN BE SET TO "top,center,bottom")
            "x": 25, (MOVES FIELD RIGHT/LEFT OF THE ALIGN, minus numbers moves it left)
            "y": 535 (MOVES FIELD UP/DOWN OF THE ALIGN, minus numbers moves it up)
        }

I removed the lines not needed for an explanation, but you can see what sections you need to look at.

I recommend finding a replay, where the mod shows up, and use that, to test your settings, since you can quickly start/stop a replay.

To get it on the right side of the HUD, you could try changing "alignX" to right, and then adjust the "x" value to -200, to start with, and see what happens.

• Upvote 1

Awesome Quaksen < :)

I found there were two parts to it after trial and error:

1. The alignment made no difference (but I may be mistaken based on saves and replay)
  2. Two sets of coordinates involved (shadow AND text).
    1. Worked out the numbers by opening a screenshot in "Paint" and noting the pixel co-ordinates at the bottom of the edit screen... ;)
    2. Will have a further "fiddle" time permitting and try using some "-ve" values to see what that actually does...

(Edited .json showing approximate "where to look" areas for editing)

"img://../res_mods/configs/spoter_mods/angel_extended/angel_extended_background.png",
 "width": 300,
            "x": 2245, (Default setting 20)
            "y": 485 (Default setting 530)
        },
"default_font_size": 14,
            "x": 2250, (Default setting 30)
            "y": 490 (Default setting 535)

shot_019%20RHS.jpg

However, there is still one unresolved issue:

There seems to be a doubled up info panel circled in red here below the LHS team player panel...

shot_019LHS%20detail.jpg

(refer to bottom of OP)

Edited by GDavid

Set values quoted above to give alignment with quests text (unsure if these settings relate to just HTs as I can't interpret coding).

NOTE: Values for offset match previous coordinates quoted in post #8 ^

(armoring_extended.json showing area "toward end of file" for editing)

"img://../res_mods/configs/spoter_mods/armoring_extended/background.png",
            "width": 250,
            "x": 2245,(Default setting 18)
            "y": 448
(many lines removed for quoting here)

"default_font_size": 14,
            "x": 2247,(Default setting 20)
            "y": 450

Result:

shot_020edit.jpg

EDIT: OP edited

Edited by GDavid

-313 (or close to it) should work fine, if you set the align to "right" instead of left.

Should give the same position.

Though, to be honest, it doesn't matter... it's just to make it easier for adjusting the X/Y, and since you already moved it, ignore this :P hehe.

Not sure why the damage blocked thingie would have an overlap - perhaps someone that uses that/those mods, will know which two it is :)

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Seems like the addresses for Spoters' mods are now incorrect/ mods removed from pack?

http://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/13-0910-aslains-xvm-mod-modpack-installer-wpicture-sound-preview-v4630-08-10-2015/?p=19036

Specifically: - removed all mods created by spoter [seriously suspected for causing CTD, careless modding]

Edited by Quaksen
  • 4 weeks later...

Can someone explain to me why am I not seing this -> \res_mods\configs\spoter_mods\angel_extended\angel_extended_config.json

I only have \res_mods\configs\ but no spoter_mods, i would like to have the blocked by armor and spotted exp on my screen, thank you