Mod does not install at all ("Error 183: Cannot create a file when that file already exists")

Very strange... please, help me...

I  can't  install ASLAIN mod.   A message at the end of instalation says it can not create the directory or files "because they already exists" (?!?!?!)... but absolutely NO folder or file is created and, NO, it does NOT exist...

"Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\Games\World_of_Warships\Aslains_Custom_mods"

"Error 183: Cannot create a file when that file already exists"

But... Aslains_Custom_mods folder DO NOT  EXISTS !

In addition, no file or folder is created inside the folder res_mods

My Patchs.xml contains:

<root>

<Paths>

<Path>profile</Path>

<Path>res_mods/0.5.0.0</Path>  (some people says the correct is 0.5.1.0, other people says  0.4.1.1 .. I can not understand. I've tried all.)

<Path>res</Path>

</Paths>

</root>

please, help me...

Try to run the installer as an administrator and try again.

Did not work... same problem... :wacko:

Incomprehensibly, I had already installed a previous mod  version, weeks ago. No problems! (same machine, same folder, etc.).  I uninstalled by the windows uninstaller,  as recommended. Smoothly,  again.

But this time, nothing works...

My patch.xml it is ok? 

?!?!?!

OBS: Windows 7 64 bits

Edited by Skyzytuz

Seems to me like this is a permission problem. I'd like to forward this case to someone else who has dealt with these issues more frequently. Sorry, but I can't be of any further help.

I agree, seems a permission problem. But, why not occurred in previous installations? And i  am  administrator user.

I appreciate your help, thank you so much
Edited by Skyzytuz

Turn off your antivirus software and try install this again.

Bingo ...

I confess I had not even thought about it because it worked without problems in previous versions of mod, actually Comodo had never bothered me with this game, mod or any other game.

Well, I just changed the "game mode" to "advanced mode" in Comodo...  problem solved!  (The "game mode" is incompatible with some games or mods, ahah! Interestingly, the "advanced mode" did not cause any interruption or alerts)

Thank you very much... And I'm even a bit embarrassed  :ph34r:

Cheers!   :lol:     :lol:     :lol:      :lol:    
Edited by Skyzytuz