Crashes to Desktop Mid-battle

Keep getting crashes to desktop. Quite often at the most inopportune times, such as going around a corner or moving forward to peek over a hill. Just results in a lame %100 bill with 0 damage done.  

It has kept happening through the last few versions for 9.10. I wiped out res_mods entirely and game worked fine. I installed Quickybaby's modpack and didn't get any crashes either. I really hope it's not Gnomefather's, because default engine/gun noises are lame. 

_Aslain_logs.zip

Hopefully it'll give some clues as to what causes it.

Though it might be related to Gnomefather's sounds, if that was the only difference between you using Aslain's and Quickybaby's.

(Going by the assumption that you didn't have Gnomefather's with Quickybaby's pack) :)

Alright, got a crash on 3rd or so game. Here ya go. I'm gonna take a break from tanks...trying to do light tank missions, so I'm actually getting good scouts on my teams. Figures...the only time my team has scouts worth a damn I'm competing with them for spots/spotting/etc.

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

Yeah worth to give it a try and remove Gnome sounds, try without them.

Well, I've played a good number of games without Gnomes and no crashes. Damnit, I guess that's it...I hate playing without them, though. Default engine noises....is there even such a thing? I only hear tracks clattering, powered by silent engines.

• Administrator

Could you try without these mods:

Battle Assistant for SPG

Vehicle Exp Extended by spoter

Custom SPG crosshairs
                  from Sword of Damocles
         Spotted Extended "Firefly" by spoter
         Spotted vehicle direction on aim circle
         AutoAim Indication+
  • Upvote 1

Could you try without these mods:

Battle Assistant for SPG

Vehicle Exp Extended by spoter

Custom SPG crosshairs
                  from Sword of Damocles
         Spotted vehicle direction on aim circle
         AutoAim Indication+

Sure thing! 

Tried without those mods. Got a mid battle crash. Right as I began flanking a T-54 in my WZ-131, too...  It just makes me mad to imagine these players getting a free kill off of me because of this.  

Edit: Woops, think I was still using Battle Assistant for SPG, but I wasn't even playing an SPG. Also, between replies, I was playing with only my two most essential mods and experiencing no crashes. They were Battle Assistant for SPG and Autoequip garage mod. 

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

Edited by Infernal_Dalek

Hi all,

I am having a very similar experience.  No crashes with Vanilla.  Crashes with the following options active about 1 in 10 games - but it seems to duration dependent - memory issues perhaps?

Using Battle Assistant for SPG

I have turned them off following a clean reinstall of WoT and no crashes so far ~ 10 games - will continue testing..

Hehe, it's a bit funny how spoter's mods can behave differently from computer to computer..

I'm using these, without having had a CTD:

Angel

Vehicle Exp

Crew Exp

Direction Indicator

Yes, it's strange.

I can only confirm that without the spoter mods I didn't get any CTD's untill now. And I'm playing for about 6 or 7 hours now. Normally I already had at least one CTD.