Custom Sixth Sense Sound?

If I were to provide a custom sound file, would some one here be willing to use it to make a sixth sense mod for me?

I am pretty good at making/installing mods and such but I know absolutely Nothing about doing custom sound mods.

Btw, I like the website +1 very nice work

What.wav

Off the Chair.wav

I would like to have one of those two as the sound? If at all possible could you add multiples so that say, every time your spotted it switches between the two? or can it only be one? again I have no knowledge of sound editing!

Original recording will be uploaded upon request, i would have uploaded them in mp3 but my computer doesn't have the needed programs to do that and I am not really the type of person that just downloads a bunch of stuff i know nothing about

So, I've made the 6th sense sounds but I can't upload them here, apparently.

Says that I'm not permitted to upload these kinda files (tried .fev, .fsb, .rar, 7zip).

Any chance Aslain can give permission as Admin or will I need to find another place to upload it (I'm lazy and don't usually use file hosting sites)?

• Upvote 1

So, I've made the 6th sense sounds but I can't upload them here, apparently.

Says that I'm not permitted to upload these kinda files (tried .fev, .fsb, .rar, 7zip).

Any chance Aslain can give permission as Admin or will I need to find another place to upload it (I'm lazy and don't usually use file hosting sites)?

Hi mate , try to add them in a .zip archive , you'll be allowed to allowed that type :)

Regards,

BeGiN.

• Upvote 2

Hi mate , try to add them in a .zip archive , you'll be allowed to allowed that type :)

Regards,

BeGiN.

Thx man, .zip works indeed.

As for the files, I haven't done this before so let me know if they work for you (they do for me).

Also, scan for viruses (as per usual), I shouldn't have any and checked with https://www.virustotal.com/ as well but you never know. =3

6th sense - chair + what.zip

• Upvote 1

Thx man, .zip works indeed.

As for the files, I haven't done this before so let me know if they work for you (they do for me).

Also, scan for viruses (as per usual), I shouldn't have any and checked with https://www.virustotal.com/ as well but you never know. =3

attachicon.gif6th sense - chair + what.zip

ermahgerd thanks so much man! works perfectly

i really appreciate it!!

since 9.2 is coming out probably next week, will this work with 9.2 as well?

• Upvote 1

ermahgerd thanks so much man! works perfectly

i really appreciate it!!

since 9.2 is coming out probably next week, will this work with 9.2 as well?

You're very welcome, glad it's alright.

As for 9.2, the files themselves should be good to use for a long time coming (you can still use sound files from like 8.7, as that doesn't change).

E: I still use a Quagmire sound (from family guy) from before I even started to play.

So you can download old files as well and try those out; some are still very nice.

However, since mod-developers might have to adjust their scripts again, it could come to minor issues with those.

Meaning, in one scipt there could be a line of code missing, which tells the game where to find the 6th sense sound files.

That's just what usually happens and can be worked around easily or might not even happen at all anymore.

Have to wait and see and then come ask for help when the time comes, since most of us won't know for sure before the patch hits. =P

• Upvote 1

There's really not much to it and I'm definitely no computer-genius either.

I basically just play around with stuff until I get the results I want. xD

I appreciate the thx though and am glad that it was what you've been requesting.

Sounds are kinda meh, imho. Really specific, if you ask me.

There are still tons of 6th sense sounds out there, that are working for a long time already and are of decent quality.

Personal stuff (that isn't popular much) should be added after each installation by the user.

Otherwise we'll have to spend like an hour with the installer, some time in the future, only to pick our 6th sense sounds.

If it's really good and a classic, it's different. But those really aren't that special and the effort to install manually isn't too much either.

My routine is always: run installer > replace 6th sense sound > start notepad++ and change safeshot duration, hitlog position and playerspanel layout.

All is done in about 30 secs or so, after installer finishes.

It can be annoying, if you try out a lot of mods but you can't really expect to have all your personal options/opinions considered in the installer.

• Administrator

Cannot agree more Almace. I don't like how it's already being dealed with some mods like Hangar Clock with tons of options used only by 1 language group, and there is more, like J1mbo with tons of cross style etc. Wish there could be option to select something from a drop down menu, instead of never ending list.

I had no time to test it, is it good? :) Will see... :) I can add but not right away, the first things first.

Sounds are kinda meh, imho. Really specific, if you ask me.

There are still tons of 6th sense sounds out there, that are working for a long time already and are of decent quality.

Personal stuff (that isn't popular much) should be added after each installation by the user.

Otherwise we'll have to spend like an hour with the installer, some time in the future, only to pick our 6th sense sounds.

If it's really good and a classic, it's different. But those really aren't that special and the effort to install manually isn't too much either.

My routine is always: run installer > replace 6th sense sound > start notepad++ and change safeshot duration, hitlog position and playerspanel layout.

All is done in about 30 secs or so, after installer finishes.

It can be annoying, if you try out a lot of mods but you can't really expect to have all your personal options/opinions considered in the installer.

Cannot agree more Almace. I don't like how it's already being dealed with some mods like Hangar Clock with tons of options used only by 1 language group, and there is more, like J1mbo with tons of cross style etc. Wish there could be option to select something from a drop down menu, instead of never ending list.

Ah true i see what you mean, it is very specific sound wise, not really worth the trouble of adding to the installer if it really takes that long (idk, have limited experience with that sort of stuff not nearly an expert)

personally i love it XD, i get tired of using sauron and the rest are not that interesting for me personally, i can always just add them in after using your installer, quick question

for the zoom in/out, is there a way to lower the amount of distance covered when using the mouse wheel?

like, i use the X60 and the zoom out, when i install them i usually use OMC (if i can not mention other packs here just delete that and i will know, i apologize if i broke a rule there) for the zoom mods because for yours it feels like when i zoom in or out each click of the mouse wheel takes me farther than it does when i use the omc zooms, nothing major it's just i have a very specific camara position that i use in 3rd person and with your zoom i can NEVER reach that position it's either zoomed too far out or to far in, never the middle where i prefer

is there anyway to change that or am i just missing something or what?? would me much nicer to not have to use multiple mod pack installers

By now, I'm like drunk, so excuse me being mostly ignorant.

First off, it's zoom-in, opposed to zoom-out. Other mods don't really matter much, everyone has a choise to pick what they prefer and Aslain's pack is way more popular than most others.

That's not without a reason, it's really awesome.

That being said, it may not have everything that you need/want and you can certainly choose other stuff additionally as well; no1 will hurt you for your opinion/needs.

On topic though, there are 2 options that I know off, how you can adjust your scroll-stuff.

1st being: WoT > res_mods > 9.0.1 > gui > zoomx.xml. Where you can usually pick your zoom steps as you wish.

Can use fewer steps (to make it faster) or more steps (to make it more precise).

2nd being: Some option in the installer, to increase scroll speed. Too lazy to check it's name right now tbh and you can also adjust that via .xml, iirc.

So, there shouldn't really be a need for extra software/mods. Just need some info on how to tweek Aslain's to your own liking/perfection.

I understand your pain. But you also have to realize that you made your pack into something really amazing by adding different languages and giving at least 2 options to most mods.

You still are it's creator and have to pick what's worth it and what's not but, so far, I can only compliment you for still standing your ground and pleasing a lot of ppl at the same time.

Just keep on doing your thing, man. You have a huge platform now and you can listen to ppl's suggestions but you don't have to realize everything.

Folks who use your pack love your work for what it is and not for how you try to please everyone. If something is good, it get's in; if something sucks/causes issues, it get's kicked.

For everything else there are work-arounds or other mods maybe. Nothing some talk can't fix.

You're doing a good job.

• Upvote 1

you couldn't have started a new topic for this? this topic was for the sixth sense mod, your post is 100% off topic

Since the guy was in here anyway, I put it in here. Don't have to get all mad for attention. Just was wondering if the guy could do it or not.

i just told you the point. Since he was in here anyway. If I put it in here, it can get done quickly and easily and if I make a whole topic (Already done on a few other websites for WOT) People would post for me to use some other one, but I want one of my own.

I'll be honest, I haven't looked into how to realize your request, since I find it completely unnessessary.

If you want to listen to music while playing, there are tons of possibilities to just make your playlists with winamp, spotify or w/e software out there.

Then just tweak your ingame- and player-volume and you're done.

There is no need to mess with the game files at all, imho.

• Upvote 2

Winamp is what I use, mostly.

It's very low on resources and about everything you need for simply listening to music easily.

E: Also, if you don't have the songs you like but could find them on youtube, you can use "free youtube to mp3" tool, to get the songs of the youtube vids on your PC.

If it's not allowed to promote software, please edit this post (BeGin). =3