IS-4 or IS-7 which is your Fav?

I don't have either of them, so take what I'm going to say with a grain of salt.

From what I've heard about them, they mainly differ in respects of armor and the gun.

IS-4 has a better gun and weaker armor, so it's more reliable on medium ranges (better accuracy/aiming and weaker armor, which is better when enemy's shells lose penetration over distance).

IS-7 is more about "all into your face", since it has awesome armor and poor gun-stats.

You're better off being close to your enemies, in order to mitigate the flaws of the gun and to put your armor to good use for your team.

So, I suppose, it depends on what role you like to play more and, obviously, what maps you get to play them on.

IS-7 seems very much like a fusion between KV-1 and KV-1S to me, it's rather quick and has troll armor.

On top of that, it's always going to be top tier, so.. I'd prefer that (which doesn't mean that the IS-4 can't do well though).

• 2 weeks later...

IS-4 was good when it was T9, as a T10 it's a underperforming, barely anyone play these. 

IS-7 is very reliable tank, as it is since the beginning of the game.

IS-7 is reliable... to everyone but me. Whenever I face enemy IS-7's, I can't penetrate them no matter how careful I aim. When I drive an IS-7, everything goes through my tank as though it has no armor at all.  -_-

It's a great tank though. Just don't ask me how to play it. I'm terri-bad in it.  :P

I don't have either one of them, but I have noticed that my ST-I has a 5 man crew and moves into the 4 man crew of the IS-4 while my IS-8 has a 4 man crew and moves into the 5 man crew of the IS-7. 

What were the soviet's thinking?  lol

not the soviets, its wargaming lol =p and i have both also, i enjoy my IS-7 a bit more for the troll armour, and the is-4 is trollish too just not as much as the is7. definitely have to play the is7 pretty aggressive. though its pretty good long distance too cause its hard to pen the weak spots from a distance.