Getting ready for the 9.2

Updated, completed.

The modifications that are labeled in red are currently not functioning in version 9.2. Is this only for the Common Test, or are they not going to be working in the final release? Is any of this information final, or is it just the current standings of the functionality of these modifications?

• Administrator

The modifications that are labeled in red are currently not functioning in version 9.2. Is this only for the Common Test, or are they not going to be working in the final release? Is any of this information final, or is it just the current standings of the functionality of these modifications?

In the most cases what is working on CT will also work in the final release. However there were cases when the XVM for CT wasn't working in the retail.

I can assume that marked mods should behave the same like on the CT.

In the most cases what is working on CT will also work in the final release. However there were cases when the XVM for CT wasn't working in the retail.

I can assume that marked mods should behave the same like on the CT.

Hmm... that's definitely some bad news. A lot of my favorite mods are all marked in red here.  -_-

From the FTR:

Hello everyone, patch 9.2 is scheduled for 28th or 29th for RU server. That means EU will likely get it on Wednesday, but that’s not confirmed yet.

And of course the E.U. will get the patch a week after RU, and NA will get it a week after E.U. does... I guess that means 9.2 isn't coming any time soon over here. I may as well re-download the Test Server.

What makes you think it's next week for the EU? I belive it should be a day after the RU, which is not bad :)

Interesting... usually it's a week after RU... anyways, I live in North America... so regardless, 9.2 isn't coming soon for me.  :(

• Administrator

Interesting... usually it's a week after RU... anyways, I live in North America... so regardless, 9.2 isn't coming soon for me.  :(

Ow, for the NA server you might be right, last time you guys had to wait something like a week after us.

• Administrator

So the EU is probably not getting the 9.2 today.

From FTR:

Hello everyone,

you might or you might not have heard, but after yesterday’s 9.2 introduction, Russian servers melted down (lags, crashes) and the Stronghold mode had to be temporarily disabled (compensations will be issued to RU players). As far as I know, currently, they are working on a hotfix. This however means that I have no idea when exactly will patch 9.2 come, could be today, tomorrow or after the issue is completely fixed.

So the EU is probably not getting the 9.2 today.

From FTR:

Hello everyone,

you might or you might not have heard, but after yesterday’s 9.2 introduction, Russian servers melted down (lags, crashes) and the Stronghold mode had to be temporarily disabled (compensations will be issued to RU players). As far as I know, currently, they are working on a hotfix. This however means that I have no idea when exactly will patch 9.2 come, could be today, tomorrow or after the issue is completely fixed.

Interesting... So NA is getting 9.2 before EU? Incredible...

However, I am very concerned... we had 2 server melt-downs in the midst of Skirmish 29 in the past 2 days... If 9.2 caused RU servers to crap out, what will happen to our already crappy servers?

I'm wondering how could this happen ? They should've seen the higher performance demand when they've tested on the CT Servers ( which can't be better or even the same as the regular ones.....) this is a typical Early-Release type of thing. Maybe I'm wrong .... but it's not normal after almost 1 month of testing to not expecting this type of situation.

Regards,

BeGiN

I'm wondering how could this happen ? They should've seen the higher performance demand when they've tested on the CT Servers ( which can't be better or even the same as the regular ones.....) this is a typical Early-Release type of thing. Maybe I'm wrong .... but it's not normal after almost 1 month of testing to not expecting this type of situation.

Regards,

BeGiN

I would think that it isn't excessive demand on the servers, but rather some problem with the compatibility, or coding, of the update. Of course, that's just my guess.

The current NA server meltdowns seem to be caused with excessive load. However, all update crashes that we've seen has not been related to server load. Rather it was a problem with the update itself.

Still, I'm always amazed at how these issues go un-detected, or don't even exist on the Common Test, yet as soon as the update hits the live servers these issues begin springing up.

Rather it was a problem with the update itself.

that's even worse , my friend :D, as you said ... I'm having a hard time to understand how do they get so undetected ...

• Upvote 1

that's even worse , my friend :D, as you said ... I'm having a hard time to understand how do they get so undetected ...

The thing is, some of these issues don't even appear on the Common Test. I'm not sure what happens when WarGaming transfers the update to the live server, but whatever it is; it definitely causes trouble sometimes.

Interesting... So NA is getting 9.2 before EU? Incredible...

However, I am very concerned... we had 2 server melt-downs in the midst of Skirmish 29 in the past 2 days... If 9.2 caused RU servers to crap out, what will happen to our already crappy servers?

They rush out their patches... I actually liked it better when they used the RU server as a 'live test-bed'. It allowed them time to fix some probs before NA got the patch. Lately though, it seems that they don't give a crap about the playerbase & are more concerned with keeping their update schedule.

They need to implement a more robust testing method that eliminates the 'meltdowns.

I really enjoy the game, but have become disillusioned with their business model & rollout procedures.