It's nice to see the Training Room back, functioning as intended?

It's nice to see the Training Room back, but I wonder if it's functioning as intended.  I can create the battle, select map, select type of engagement, and time.  I can also select a bot but you can't program the bot.  It places a random bot into the game, and the Armed and Active check boxes can be interacted with but make no difference in the actual battle.  I was wanting to look at detection ranges for my DD gunboats to get a feel for them so I picked a Wyoming, left Armed and Active unchecked.  I expected a stationary target so that I could more easily go in and out of detection range but the bot ended up being a T9 bot that was armed and active.  I experimented with checking and unchecking the boxes but it never made a difference.  Is this working as intended or am I missing something?

It's nice to see the Training Room back, but I wonder if it's functioning as intended.  I can create the battle, select map, select type of engagement, and time.  I can also select a bot but you can't program the bot.  It places a random bot into the game, and the Armed and Active check boxes can be interacted with but make no difference in the actual battle.  I was wanting to look at detection ranges for my DD gunboats to get a feel for them so I picked a Wyoming, left Armed and Active unchecked.  I expected a stationary target so that I could more easily go in and out of detection range but the bot ended up being a T9 bot that was armed and active.  I experimented with checking and unchecking the boxes but it never made a difference.  Is this working as intended or am I missing something?

Same experience here, I was looking for targets for my Langly's Torpedio Bombers to practive manual Torp drops on.  I started using my own ship until I discoverd the bots, but I was getting high tier Crusiers that nuked my planes long before reaching their target.   What you can do is drag the undesirable bot ships off the selection screen. They will be replaced by a random ship, just keep doing that until you get something workable.  

AirBear

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...