Battle Assistant

Battle Assistant will not activate using the mouse4 button as selected in the modpack installer.  It will only work with the G key.  Also, before, I could change the key to activate in the  mod_battle_assistant.txt file from G to F with no problem.  But now, if I change the Key_G to Key_F, I still have to press G to activate Battle Assistant.  So, I think there is something else in the mod that dictates which key has to be pressed.  I have no knowledge of Python Files or how to open a pyc file in order to investigate myself.  I also can not find a way to contact the author except by leaving a message on http://worldof-tanks.com/battle-assistant-best-modification/#comment-385023blog comment section.  If I get any information I will let everyone know.  I am sure there is a common problem/new change that is causing the inability to make custom changes to the activation method.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

_Aslain_logs.zippython.log

I must say i have the same issue.

I even asked in shoutbox if someone else has it before i went and opened the 'ticket' but Darth_Clicker beat me to it.

From my tests, it seems that no matter which mouse key you select as activation key, Mouse2 (scroll click) will be always used.

In the logs I see you have selected to activate it with G key only.

I have selected "triggered by both "G" and "Mouse4" button.

My mod_battle_assistant.txt file reads:

spg:

enabled: true                         # false - полностью отключить мод

keys: "[Keys.KEY_MOUSE4, Keys.KEY_G]" # список клавиш, кавычки не убирать!

zoomSpeed: 3.0                        # скорость зума

ignoreObstacles: false                # игнорировать препятствия (true - камера не будет перескакивать на препятствия на пути снаряда)

expert:

enabled: true

gunner:

But the mouse4 button will not activate Battle Assistant.  And, if I change the Key_G to Key_F, I still have to press G to activate.  It ignores the Key_F command

By the way.

Doesnt this indicate a problem? 

список клавиш, кавычки не убирать!

Its in the xml.

It used to work in previous version. So something clearly changed in code itself, and since code is garbled (when decompiled .py is in binary and it seems broken since i get "ValueError: invalid \x escape" all the time) couldn't check if config is ignored.

Hi

Do you have anything in Aslains_Custom_mods folder?

Also check you are changing right xml: 

C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\0.9.12\scripts\client\gui\mods

I am changing the correct file, and I do not have a file in the res_mods>0.9.12>scripts>client>gui>mods folder in my zip file in the custom mods folder.  I used to have a file there to change from Key_G to Key_F but I removed it yesterday.  I have other things in the zip file, but nothing pertaining to Battle Assistant, only mini map xvm changes, hit log location changes etc

• Administrator

I have selected "triggered by both "G" and "Mouse4" button.

My mod_battle_assistant.txt file reads:

spg:

enabled: true                         # false - полностью отключить мод

keys: "[Keys.KEY_MOUSE4, Keys.KEY_G]" # список клавиш, кавычки не убирать!

zoomSpeed: 3.0                        # скорость зума

ignoreObstacles: false                # игнорировать препятствия (true - камера не будет перескакивать на препятствия на пути снаряда)

expert:

gunner:

But the mouse4 button will not activate Battle Assistant.  And, if I change the Key_G to Key_F, I still have to press G to activate.  It ignores the Key_F command

I looked at logs, and there is only G key option selected by you. It was logged that way.

I looked at logs, and there is only G key option selected by you. It was logged that way.

I guess the log is wrong.  Because in the installer, I have G and mouse 4 option selected and that is what the installer installs into the directory, the file I posted above that shows   keys: "[Keys.KEY_MOUSE4, Keys.KEY_G]" # список клавиш, кавычки не убирать!    I copied this file after running the installer and before uploading my log files.

If the mouse 4 option is working for you, then there is a problem with my system.  The installer is installing Key_G and Mouse_4 options as directed, because you can see the command lines in the file I pasted above, but the mouse 4 does not activate Battle Assistant for me.  The G key does work, so nothing wrong there at all.

Do you know how to change the G key to activate to another key?  Changing the Key_G to Key_F does not make any difference.  G is still required to activate.

Thanks for your time Aslain.  I know that none of this is actually your problem, I would just like to solve it and I appreciate your and Grandorf's help.

Is it possible to change the G key to activate to F like I did before?  Since I am arty only, moving my finger one key over to the G key is simply too much work and far too complicated for my simple little clicker brain....lol.

Thanks for your time Aslain.

I solved my problem. The __init__.pyc file in the current version in the modpack is different from the older version. It is 9kb smaller, but I have no idea what is different because I do not understand python files. But, I installed the __init__.pyc from the version 9.10 Battle Assistant and now I can reassign the activation key from G to F. I will see how this works over the long run. But, for now it works perfectly.

• Administrator

Yes I noticed that too, two sizes of that file, definitely different from each other, smaller one is older, newer one is in official BA release, while the smaller one is from some russian forums, that says it's BA 1.3.4 (while 1.3.3 is officialy latest one) - confusing yes. If smaller one is better, I change to it again, I was playing with these two recently in the modpack.

I am using the larger one and it seems to work fine, but only after 1 battle.   The smaller one is the current one in the mod pack and it is what was causing my problem.  The mouse 4 option still does not work for me but that does not matter at all.  I am happy using the F key.  May be a problem with my mouse software etc...not sure.  Another life mystery....lol.

Yes, using big __init__.pyc does indeed fix the issue.

Tried to decompile both and compare em but small one ends up being empty while big one is having needed routines for yaml manipulations (scan, read, add, dump etc.)