Zoom problems

• Administrator

You may fix it manualy before I can patch the installer by editing line #13 and 15 in: 

res_mods\configs\RN_Mods\xml\ZoomMod.xml

line 13: <enabled>True</enabled>

line 15: <DefaultZoom>False</DefaultZoom> <!-- [False] for off or [1.0 - 60.0] Default Zoom Step by switching in Sniper mode. -->

to

<DefaultZoom>2</DefaultZoom> <!-- [False] for off or [1.0 - 60.0] Default Zoom Step by switching in Sniper mode. -->

2 or any other zoom you want

You may fix it manualy before I can patch the installer by editing line #15 in:

res_mods\configs\RN_Mods\xml\ZoomMod.xml

False

to

2 or any other zoom you want

Does this fix the zoom problems entirely? I had to reactivate the 500x zoom etc. since the last update, but in game I just had the standard zoom. Weird.

@Aslain, I think you are actually fixing different issue. IMHO you are fixing default zoom after entering sniper mode, from last used to exact value. However, I think ForbiddenSaber is pointing out different problem, which I'm facing as well. 

Scenario: you are in arcade mode pointing to spot (let's call it) A, then you switch to sniper mode, move cursoand point to the different point B. Then, when you go out from sniper mode to arcade mode, turret and gun start turning and pointing back to the last position in arcade mode - it's pointing to point A again. Old behavior was that after you leave sniper mode, it's pointing to exactly same spot as in sniper mode - point B. Now it starts turning your turret to other place and it's kinda disturbing. Hope I make it more clear (although I doubt so :D). 

ForbiddenSaber - please confirm if you mean what I try to explain ..

while driving on zoom out (cca 100m) and than pressing Shift key (switch reticle mode) to enter sniper view its working ok but than after you press Shift key again to exit sniper view it zoom's out back to cca 100m and than you have to scroll back to standard zoom out camera view..

i also noticed the problem in arty view, when you press Shift key for arty mode you are unable to zoom out at all until you press *G* button to switch view and only than you can zoom out in both views..