★ M41 Walker Bulldog Review: The Real Top Dog ★

Bark! Bark! Bark! Bark! Bark! Bark! Bark! Bark! Bark! Bark! Refilling doggy treats, 35 seconds remaining! Bark! Bark! Bark! Bark! Bark! Bark! Bark! Bark! Bark! Bark! The Loader bought another farm! Now we have to make our own doggy treats! Refilling doggy treats, 70 seconds remaining! Bark! Bark! Bark! Bark! Bark! Bark! Bark! Bark! Bark! Bark!

In this guide, I shall cover all of the various Pros and Cons of the M41 Walker Bulldog (Ammo Puppy), explain the gun choices and/or performance, equipment choices, give you a general overview of its gameplay style and compare it to other Tier 7 Light Tanks. Let's get started, shall we?

Table of Contents:

• General overview (Pros and Cons)
  • Equipment, ammo and consumable layout
  • Gun choices and / or performance
  • Gameplay style
  • Comparison to other same-class tanks of its Tier
  • Overall Rating

General Overview:

Pros:

• Very mobile vehicle, with a top speed of 72km/h
  • Great hp/ton ratio with great terrain resistances to back it up; allowing the Bulldog to reach its Top Speed rather effectively
  • Huge clip of 10 rounds, with 1,500 damage potential in the clip
  • Great gun depression for ridge-line shots, 8 degrees
  • Fairly good gun handling for the type of gun
  • Relatively quick aim time of 2.01 seconds
  • Great reverse speed of 24 km/h for getting out of trouble during ridge-line engagements
  • Second highest HP of the Tier 7 light tanks, at 910. This means that you can survive 6 76mm shells approximately 50% of the time, whereas other Tier 7 scouts aside from the LTTB would die in 5 shells.
  • Great View Range of 400m, allowing you to easily reach the 445m spotting cap & exceed it.

Neutrals:

• 2 seconds between shells may be the same as with the T71, but it will take the Bulldog 18 seconds of constant shooting to dump the entire clip. This makes its exposure time for maximum effectiveness and DPM far higher (along with the increased risks of longer exposure) than the T71. Still is nice to have the 1,500 clip potential though
  • Reasonable enough camo values. Despite them being the same as the T71, Bulldog finds it harder to hide due to its larger size.
  • Alright accuracy of .38. It's not the greatest, but for an autoloader of the sort you can't really complain too much.
  • Great ammo capacity of 70 rounds, however is even more restricted to flexibility with ammo than the T71 is. Due to the larger clip size, loading a clip of anything other than standard ammo comes with great risk of not being able to find usage for the shells, especially once it's loaded. You're much more likely to find usage of a clip of 6 HEAT shells than 10 HEAT shells; same would go for HE.

Cons:

• Very long clip reload time of 35 seconds
  • Very low effective DPM. With a reload of 35 seconds, and a minimum of 18 seconds required for emptying a clip, you're restricted to at most one clip / reload per minute.
  • Extremely thin armor, even 76mm caliber HE can penetrate you.
  • Horrendously fragile ammo rack with only 160 HP. The Bulldog is one of the easiest tanks in the game to fully ammo rack (blow the turret off), and is certainly the one tank I've seen ammo racked more often than any other tank by a very large margin. This is the reason I call it the ammo puppy - it has a huge ammo capacity both overall and in its clip, but comes at the cost of having a very fragile ammo rack.
  • Very inflexible with its clip, and will often times struggle to find usage for the 10 shells in the clip. More often than not, you'll only shoot half of the clip and end up waiting another 20+ seconds before even finding another opponent
  • The above problem is only accentuated by the fact that the reload is 35 seconds long, often times you miss multiple opportunities to do damage during the reload. Alternatively, if you're not fully loaded and wait to spend all of your shells before clipping, you run the great danger of not having enough shells to finish off a crucial opponent
  • Very large, easy to hit vehicle. The unusually large clip means that you're either exposed for far longer than is safe in most cases, or end up retreating before having the opportunity to dump the clip; then coming back with only a few shells left. This also makes spotting a lot more difficult, as not only is it harder to hide in bushes than may be desired, but also means that retreating when spotted is far more likely to result in great damage to the tank in comparison to other light tanks.

Equipment:

Personally, I mount Improved Ventilation, Coated Optics and Vertical Stabilizer on the Bulldog. However, there are a lot of other options for equipment as well.

Recommended:

Improved Ventilation: Personally, I use Improved Ventilation for the purpose of reaching the 445m spotting cap when combined with Optics, as well as helping to improve the gun handling stats by a small margin. However, you can easily use Recon + Situational Awareness to reach the same spotting cap. This is the most flexible equipment slot, as there are many other options than Ventilation, depending on what you find most necessary.

Coated Optics: 400m View Range means that with Optics, you can easily reach the 445m spotting cap. I find the Bulldog to be a much more "Active" scout than some other vehicles, and a lot more reliant on its gun + mobility than other scouts. Thus, in order to maintain this playstyle, I mount Coated Optics over Binoculars.

Vertical Stabilizer: The Bulldog's gun handling certainly isn't the greatest, and with its constant movement around the battlefield, a Vertical Stabilizer certainly could work towards great benefit. However, if you play the Bulldog more passively / at longer ranges (or at much closer ranges) than standard play, it is also possible to replace the Stabilizer to address some of the Bulldog's other issues.

Optional:

Camouflage Net: If you want to emphasis a greater scouting role, especially passive scouting, you can replace the Ventilation / Stabilizer with a Camouflage Net. If you're going to be using a Camo Net for passive scouting however, you're likely to use Binoculars as well and / or be playing at a longer range thus mitigating the necessity of a Stabilizer and / or Coated Optics. If you want to use the Camo Net as a solo piece of equipment, replace the Improved Ventilation.

Enhanced Gun Laying Drive: Whilst I don't think that a Gun Laying Drive is very much necessary on the Bulldog, you could mount it in place of Improved Ventilation. It all depends on how much you want to emphasis the gun's performance on the Bulldog. If you treat the Bulldog as I do the T54E1 / T57 Heavy autoloaders, both as tanks almost entirely relying on the guns, then having an Enhanced Gun Laying Drive in addition to a Vertical Stabilizer may very well come in handy for your choice of playstyle.

Enhanced Torsion Bars 3t Class: Despite my only true recommendation of Torsion Bars on any tank being the MT-25, it can also have some viability on the Walker Bulldog. The reasoning behind it actually is entirely based off of how fragile the Bulldog's ammo rack is. If you have to use your repair kit on broken tracks due to a fall of some sort, you won't have that repair kit available to put your ammo rack back into action if it gets damaged (assuming you don't get one-shotted due to the ammo rack exploding from the first shot it takes). If the ammo rack is of great concern to you in the Bulldog, and you find yourself reasonably lucky with not getting the ammo rack blown off in a single shell, but rather only getting it damaged, then you could mount Torsion Bars instead of Improved Ventilation in hopes of keeping your Repair Kit available if your mess up with your driving. (Alternatively if you lose your ammo rack from fall damage but Torsion Bars keep your tracks intact, it also may keep you alive during the battle.) It really depends on how actively you use your Bulldog's mobility, under which terrain circumstances, and how good / bad you are at driving over bumpy / hilly terrain.

Binocular Telescope: As is the case with the Camo Net, if you want to emphasis a more passive spotting role / longer distance type of playstyle in the Bulldog, you can replace an equipment slot with Binoculars. If you are mostly replacing Active Scouting with Passive Scouting, replace the Coated Optics. If you're trying to emphasis both roles, replace Vertical Stabilizer (assuming you already replaced Vents with the Camo Net). If you are not going to use a Camo Net, replace the Improved Ventilation.

Toolbox: Once again going back to the fragile ammo rack & your driving capabilities on bumpy / hilly terrain, if you feel as though your driving isn't the greatest and you do like to maximize the Bulldog's mobility as often as possible, then you may consider replacing the Improved Ventilation with a Toolbox. If you break your tracks whilst driving, and have some time to repair the tracks but not too long, you can use a Toolbox in conjunction with Repair Skills to occasionally save your Repair Kit for your ammo rack. Of course, you won't need a Toolbox or Torsion Bars if you're more passive with the Bulldog, or are very good with your driving skills when going at high speeds on bumpy terrain.

Wet Ammo Rack Class 1: Probably the "Optional Equipment" choice which I most emphasis, adding an extra 80 HP to your ammo rack's 160 HP can help prevent one-shot ammo racks. Whilst you might still end up with a damaged ammo rack very often, you may not end up in the awkward situation of having been one-shotted by a Hellcat. The Wet Ammo Rack may very well come in handy. If you choose to use it, replace the Improved Ventilation (unless you're using more than one type of "Optional Equipment", then make a decision appropriate to the choices you're making).

Ammo:

My ammo layout on the Ammo Puppy Bulldog is 70 APCR.

To be entirely honest, I don't think that you have a choice with your ammunition layout on the Walker Bulldog. Personally, I feel as though the 210mm pen HEAT rounds are very questionable and extremely limited in their viable usage. Often times, they're a downgrade to your standard APCR. Even when you can use them appropriately, it's not very often when you'll find usage for an entire clip of 10 rounds, at least not at once. Even when you find purpose for them, you're likely to only use 4, 5 or 6 of them. Then you'll end up switching back to standard APCR and having only a half-clip of HEAT remaining, or shoot overly expensive HEAT rounds at tanks you don't need them for - or even end up not doing damage because of HEAT mechanics, whereas standard APCR would have worked just fine!

I'd much rather use a clip of HEAT on a T71 rather than a Bulldog, since I'm much more likely to make usage of the entire HEAT clip. In fact, I'd be much more willing to have two HEAT clips on the T71, than one HEAT clip on the Bulldog; despite the Bulldog having a larger ammo capacity. This is because if I only use 4 HEAT rounds with one clip, I can go for a reload in the T71 and refill another full clip of HEAT afterwards. I most likely will never need more than a second HEAT clip, thus I'll have been able to use however many rounds I needed without running out during an engagement. With the Bulldog, going for a 35 second reload for only a few shells simply seems like a waste. With the T71, going for a reload for only 3-6 needed HEAT shells is so much forgiving.

That being said, the Bulldog is also very inflexible due to its very long reload time - when you load a clip, you're much more likely to want to use the entirety of it than you would ever need to in the T71. With the T71, I will fire 2-3 shots and go for a reload very happily, and be reloaded by the time I set up in another location. With the Bulldog, I feel forced to use more than 6 rounds, to justify the 35 second reload. If you load a clip of HEAT or HE, it will take you 35 seconds to load it, and 18+ to use it all. It really feels like a huge waste of time to switch for a special ammo type just for an opponent that another ally can kill in the time you'll be finished reloading. It also feels like a waste since you're reloading for such a long time when you most likely won't need any more shells than the T71 can load.

I would never recommend loading HE in the Bulldog. Unless it's some kind of On-Track to the Waffle, or there's a rental of the Skorpion (German one, since it hasn't been released yet), there will almost never be a situation where you can justify having a clip of HE over APCR, especially considering the 35 second reload. When it comes to the T71, even though you're more flexible with the reload, you have a lower ammo capacity which can be used up, thus I still wouldn't ever recommend having HE unless you know you'll be fighting waffles.

It's also worth nothing that the HEAT rounds on both the Bulldog and T71 are some of the most ridiculously over-priced rounds in the game. They cost 5,600 Credits a shell, despite being 76mm shells which only do 150 damage a shot. For comparison, my 113's HEAT rounds cost 4,800 Credits for 440 damage. 3 times the damage for only 80% of the cost. Even more astounding - the FV4005's HESH rounds cost 8,000 Credits a shell for 1,750 damage a shell. That's only 2,400 more Credits for almost 12 times the damage! That's 1.4 times the cost for 11.67 times the damage!

A single clip of HEAT costs you 56,000 Credits in the Bulldog, for a very situational shell that has a hissy fit half of the time you fire it, and only does 150 damage during the times when it does actually do damage. They're so expensive, that even firing half a clip can be enough for you to lose money in a battle if you lost or didn't do very well.

Consumables:

For Consumables on the Ammo Puppy Bulldog, I use a Small First Aid Kit, Small Repair Kit, and Automatic Fire Extinguisher. 

Small First Aid Kit: Crew dies every now and then, you may need it.

Small Repair Kit: The ammo rack is so fragile, you're almost required to take it.

Automatic Fire Extinguisher20% chance of fire, with a rather large / easy to hit engine on a large, easy to hit vehicle will result in the concessional fire. I would definitely mount an Automatic Fire Extinguisher.

Alternate:

Large Repair Kit: Either in place of the Small Repair Kit, or in place of the Small First Aid Kit, having either a better Repair Kit or a second Repair Kit certainly won't hurt when you have such a fragile ammo rack.

Case of Cola: If you're really feeling lucky / adventurous, and aren't overly worried about the chance of fire, you can replace the Fire Extinguisher with a Case of Cola. If you have a really good crew on the Bulldog and wish to do so, I would consider training your crew on Fire Fighting though. Alternatively, you can train the Commander with Jack of All Trades and replace the First Aid Kit.

Guns:

The Bulldog's gun is a very questionable 76mm which makes me believe WarGaming sometimes codes the game whilst drunk. The gun typically has an overkill clip capacity for an unnecessarily long reload, whilst having HEAT rounds which cost more in Credits than they would if they were simply made of solid Gold in the first place.

The Bulldog also has the option of mounting a single fire 76mm which is so significantly superior, yet kills the gameplay of the Bulldog at the same time, that you wonder whether you should just get a T71 for the playstyle of an autoloader and simply mount the single-fire gun on the Bulldog and adapt to an entirely different type of gameplay.

Below, I've compared the Ammo Puppy's 76mm autoloader, to the T71's autoloader, to the Ammo Puppy's single-fire 76mm. The left is the Bulldog's autoloader, center is the T71's autoloader, right is the Bulldog's single-fire gun. A blue value is superior, a green value is relatively tied (within 5%), an underlined value is superior between only the Bulldog / T71's autolaoders.

Guns:

Rate of Fire:          11.42                        (12.34)                             (14.55)  

Clip size:              10 rounds                 6 rounds                          N/A  - 1 round

Clip reload:           34.52 seconds          19.18 seconds                 N/A - 4.12 seconds
Aiming time:        2.01                          (2.01)                              (1.82)
Accuracy:             .38                            (.37)                                (.36)
DPM:                   1,713.62                   (1,850.70)                       (2,182.72)
Penetration:         175/210/38             (175/210/38)                 (175/210/38)
Damage:             150/150/185           (150/150/185)                (150/150/185)

Shell Velocity:      1,129/975/975        (1,129/975/975)            (1,129/975/975)

Soft Stats:           .14/.14/.16              (.18/.18/.12)                  (.14/.14/.08)

Gun Angles:         -8 / +20                   (-7 / +20)                       (-10 / +20)
Ammo capacity:   70                             (60)                                 (65)

The verdict? The Walker Bulldog's single-fire gun is superior in every single way to the autoloader, aside from the fact one gets a clip and the other doesn't. However, there's a stat which isn't written here which makes the single fire even better - the weight. The single-fire gun is 1.22 tons lighter than the autoloader, which has a very noticeable impact on the mobility. A Bulldog with the single fire gun accelerates more quickly, with an additional 1.06 HP/ton added to it.

When you compare the Bulldog's autoloader to the T71's autoloader, the T71 also comes out on top. Despite the Bulldog having significantly better gun handling during tank movement and traverse, the Bulldog also gets 50% more dispersion during turret movement which significantly counters the earlier advantage. The Bulldog has more shells in its clip, but that comes at the cost of reload, DPM, accuracy, etc. The Bulldog gets 10 extra shells, but due to the inflexibility with its reload time and clip size, that doesn't allow you any more flexibility with your ammo choices. The only thing which really goes in the Bulldog's favor is having 1 extra degree of gun depression over the T71 - although keep in mind that the Bulldog with the single fire gun has 10 degrees of gun depression, whereas the autoloader only gets 8.

Thus, all in all, the single fire gun is superior in so many ways, that it makes you wonder why anyone even uses the autoloader. The answer ultimately comes down to the clip potential. When dealing with isolated targets, or when dumping damage into an opponent in a short period of time, the autoloader has half of the time between shells than the single-fire gun would. Unlike the T37, which has a .7 or so second difference between shells with the two guns, which makes people choose the single fire gun, the Bulldog's difference is very significant.

Essentially, the logic behind the autoloader is that the faster you can kill your opponent, or do damage to the opponent, the sooner there is one less gun shooting at your team. This is true, but it comes at a very significant opportunity cost. The fact of the matter is that whilst during an immediate engagement, or an impromptu situation (such as a tank popping up over a kill for 4-5 seconds; long enough for autoloader to put in 3 shells, but single-fire only 2), the autoloader is yes a superior gun.

However, such situations are not the rule - just as often, if not more often, the single-fire gun will also have its own advantageous situations - what about all of those annoying situations when you can only put a couple of shells in? It wastes the 35 second reload. Perhaps you're in a situation when your allies will need lots of continuous support fire - single-fire will be able to provide it for longer, especially if you used up shells with the autoloader. Not having any impact on a battle due to reloading also is a drawback of the autoloader. And to add insult to injury, the single-fire gun has a lot more flexibility with its ammo choices, as it isn't forced to mount 10 of the same shell at once if you want to have any of that shell.

76mm Gun M32 Late (Single-Fire):

The Bulldog's single-fire gun is undoubtedly superior in any singe-shot scenario. It has a better aiming speed, accuracy, DPM, gun depression, HP/ton and flexibility with the ammo. The single-fire gun is really entirely a matter of playstyle, and distinguishing the Bulldog from the T71. Whilst typically, people will still recommend the autoloader (for reasons to be explained), and whilst I would still (marginally) recommend the autoloader over the single-fire gun, it certainly isn't the end of the world if you mount the single-fire gun.

For competitive play, the single-fire is best during ridgle-line peek-a-boom scenarios, sniping scenarios, or for sustained support fire in a dynamic map where you have a team of multiple Bulldogs with different guns where you don't know which type of gun will prove superior (as it may depend on enemy team composition).

Such scenarios in competitve play aren't all that common however, as usually engagements typically rely on focus fire during a push and effective DPM within a specific time frame. However, that's not the case 100% of the time, so it's still possible to find good usage for the single-fire gun.

76mm Gun T91E5 (Autoloader):

The Autoloader on the Bulldog is most preferred simply because it allows you to kill opponents more quickly during short-time frame engagements. This means that if you're circling an isolated target or putting shells off into a target which is only exposed / spotted for a limited period of time, you will be able to do more damage in a shorter period of time.

The autoloader also allows you to kill a full-HP T32 / T34 / IS-3 / IS-5 in a single clip, in 18 seconds, 50% of the time - assuming all shells penetrate.

Despite these advantages of the autoloader, the fact of the matter is that the T71's autoloader is a lot more flexible than the Bulldog's autoloader could ever dream of being. Whilst the Bulldog mostly has better tank stats to the T71, its gun entirely falls short. This means that if you're playing an American light tank for the autoloader, you'd really be better off playing the T71.

Thus the Bulldog is simply a clone, sacrificing gun performance for tank performance. If you want a unique type of playstyle however, one which really distinguishes the Bulldog from the T71, the single-fire gun will get the job done.

Over the course of an entire battle, alll factors considered, which gun is better? I really don't know. I intend to test the two guns out over a large number of battles, and record the data - ultimately coming to the conclusion of which gun is truly better (and not just theoretically using competitve play logic / analyzing raw statistics; as one indicates the autoloader, the other indicates the single-fire).

How to play it:

The Ammo Puppy Bulldog is heavily reliant on its firepower and mobility, rather than scouting capabilities. Whilst you can scout, and shouldn't miss crucial opportunities to extend good vision for your team, you're much more focused towards direct engagements with opponents rather than scouting. When you do scout, it's more of Active Scouting rather than Passive Scouting.

When it comes to the engagements you'll be performing, it depends on whether or not you use the single-fire or autoloading gun. If you're using the autoloader, you're more opportunistic, looking for isolated opponents. You want to find an opponent who is far from support fire which you can isolate and dump a full clip into. Alternatively, you want to find a spotted opponent who is pulling back into cover and put a couple of shells in. It's very well possible to stick near allies and peek-a-boom a few shells in a time until you've emptied your clip.

Clip management will be essential however. The Bulldog is extremely inflexible with its 35 second reload, and you really need to be careful about making decisions about keeping the clip or reloading. If you keep the clip for too long, you can put yourself at a huge disadvantage during a crucial engagement. Alternatively, if you reload too early, you may miss several crucial opportunities to shoot the enemy. Make sure that when you're keeping your shells, you'll be able to put a few shells into enemy tanks without isolating yourself from an upcoming battle. If you're reloading, make sure that it's early on during a stagnant part of the battle, or during map relocation on your behalf. If your allies are pushing, if they're going to be in an immediate engagement, put your remaining shells immediately and go for a reload as soon as you're out of shells or can no longer put shells in right away. If your allies are pushing over a distance, go for a reload immediately so that you'll have a full clip available when your allies begin the future engagement.

With the single-fire gun, you have the opportunity to use ridge-lines for continuous peek-a-boom engagements a lot more effectively. You never have to worry about a reload, and can keep poking, using the terrain to your advantage. The single fire gun is also better for providing longer-distance support / sniper fire. You will want to emphasis these strengths.

However, if your allies push and end up in a long, prolonged engagement, use your extra mobility with the single-fire gun to put yourself in a more advantageous position to put the increased DPM to work, to keep providing support fire for a longer period of time than the autoloader would be able to. Use that enhanced mobility and gun depression to use ridges very effectively for an opportunity for continual fire; whether at closer or longer ranges.

Comparison to same-Tier Light Tanks:

HP: Very Good. 910 HP is the second highest value amongst Tier 7 light tanks, and will allow you to survive 6 76mm shells 50% of the time, rather than being destroyed after 6 as most other light tanks would.

Armor: Very Bad. Whilst technically the Bulldog is 7/9 for armor, which would put it in the "Bad" category (60-80% of vehicles having a better stat), the difference between the LTTB / Chinese tanks in comparison to the Bulldog is so significant, that the Bulldog simply has to be labeled as "Very Bad". You may as well have wet tissue paper for armor.

Mobility: Best in Class. The Bulldog's mobility is tied with the LTTB for "Best in Class". Whilst the Bulldog's mobility stats are almost entirely superior to the LTTB aside from having a tied effective traverse speed, the LTTB has 38% more HP/ton whilst still maintaining reasonable soft stats. I would have thought that the soft stats of the Bulldog would put it ahead of the LTTB on a multi-terrain mobility test, but the LTTB actually surpassed the Bulldog on multiple occasions until the top speeds kicked in.

DPM: Worst in Class. The Bulldog simply has the worst DPM out of all of the other Tier 7 light tanks, at least with the autoloader. The single-fire gun fairs a lot better.

Penetration: Good. 175/210 pen is fairly average for Tier 7 light tanks, but it's certainly learning torwards the better side. The different between the AP on the Bulldog compared to the 3 Frenchies is rather significant, but the Bulldog's HEAT is not only unreliable, but is very much surpassed by the SP 1 C's 250mm of HEAT pen.

Alpha damage: Average. 150 alpha damage is the same as on the T71, lower than the LTTB / Type 62 / WZ-121 / SP 1 C, but better than the AMX 13 57, AMX 13 75 and Aufkl.Panther (Which was removed, but was still balanced accordingly to other Tier 7 light tanks).

Aiming SpeedVery Good. The Bulldog with the autoloader, not compared to the other Bulldog, is tied for 1st against all current light tanks, along with the LTTB and T71. However, the Bulldog's single-fire gun, as well as the Aufkl. Panther's gun both have / had better aiming times. Not counting the Aufkl. Panther, it's still inferior to itself (ironically enough).

Gun Handling: Good. Whilst the gun handling is alright on the Bulldog, it's not quite as good as it is on the Chinese tanks. The Bulldog also heavily falls behind in terms of turret traverse gun handling (especially when compared to itself using the single-fire gun - the autoloader has double the dispersion!)

Accuracy: Worst in Class. Whilst .38 accuracy might not be terrible, it's worse than every other Tier 7 light tank in the game, past, current or alternate gun.

Shell Velocity: Best in Class. A 1,219 m/s shell velocity is extremely impressive, and ties the Bulldog with the T71 for "Best in class".

View Range: Best in Class. 400m View Range is tied for "Best in Class", along with the T71, SP 1 C and Aufkl. Panther.

Camo Value: Worst in Class. Despite having very good camouflage values for its size, the Ammo Puppy Bulldog has the worst camouflage values out of all current light tanks. Only the Aufkl. Panther would have had a worse camo value.

Battle effectiveness: Very Good. Regardless of which gun you use on the Bulldog, the Bulldog is definitely one of the better light tanks at Tier 7. Whilst it may not be nearly as good of a scout as the LTTB or AMX 13 57, its combination of mobility, firepower, camouflage and View Range still allow it to have a very large impact on practically any battle.

Overall Rating:

7/10 (Good)

The M41 Walker Bulldog / Ammo Puppy is a strange vehicle, despite having an autoloader like almost every other light tank at the Tier, aside from the LTTB and the retired Aufkl. Panther. The Bulldog does have the option of mounting a single-fire gun however, which is superior to the autoloader in every single way aside from the fact that it lacks a clip and the playstyle behind such a fast-firing clip.

Regardless of which gun you choose, you will be able to have a large impact on the match - the Bulldog may not be the greatest scout, but it can still certainly fullfill the role to a rather reasonable degree. However, the Bulldog really stands out in terms of mobility and firepower, allowing it to constantly shift around the battlefield, spot opponents and put in very effective fire into the enemy.

What's really nice about the Bulldog is that it's a very independent vehicle, and can always pick and choose how it wants to play the match, and what kind of role it will have. It also will always be abe to provide a beneficial feature to almost any engagement.

The biggest annoyances about the Bulldog would definitely have to be its absolute inflexibility with the autoloader and exceptionally vulnerable ammo rack. Having your head blown off in a single shot isn't all that uncommon, and finding yourself in the situation of missing out on varying opportunities due to the inflexibility of the gun really is frustrating indeed.

The Bulldog is a good tank without a doubt, but simply falls behind in comparison to the two main competitors at Tier 7. If you want to use the autoloader on the Bulldog, you're almost certainly better off playing the T71. Alternatively, if you want to use the single fire gun, you'd be far better off running the LTTB.

The Bulldog isn't necessarily a tank to skip or pass up on, but be warned it does have its clear downsides and can have a far more active blend between scouting and combat than you would expect from a light tank. Keep your ammo rack safe, and make sure you adapt to the hybrid style of the Bulldog. The most important thing when it comes to mastering the Bulldog is ammo management with the autoloader, or consistently remaining engaged in the battle with the single fire gun.

Thanks for reading! I hope this guide was helpful! I genuinely wish all of you the very best of luck and fun, both in real life and on the battlefield.

This Tank Review has been written as requested by @CAttack1.

(The mighty American beast. Isn't it a beauty?)

rMP18jq.png

Just wanted to say thanks for all you do. Read some of your older posts last night ,what an epiphany! Particularly liked you comments about forgetting the chance to win numbers. Played two matches yesterday with 35% chance of winning and was victorious in both cases. The opposing teams in both matches had at least one purple and one blue ranked player with excellent stats but they were killed all the same. As you noted, I'm 60 years old and my reflexes are not what they use a to be so I have to think about what I'm doing not just react. Only have played about 1200 matches and I'm Red. Only win about 45% of the time. Have learned tons of info from you,jingles,quickybaby etc. Thanks for your effort.

• Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.