Modpack Post 5.3

First, thank you for all the work! I've used your modpack in WoT and WoWS! :)

My question: with 5.3 WG is introducing some kind of "security" which is supposed to check for signed mods. Does anyone have any idea what that will mean for the modpack yet? Are all the included mods signed? 

I really hope that this will kill of any remaining aim assist mods or bots (although I am skeptical).

C.

• Administrator

Thanks for kind words.

Hard to tell before 5.3 comes, I hope the mods will still work, but I affraid WG will now display some warning if you use other modpacks than "recommended" like: Are you sure to play with unstable mods? Better download our modpack that has stable mods (yeah riiight!!! lol).

• Upvote 1

Well, I for one plan on using yours. I don't trust WG to put together something when they can't even get their games to work half-way right when the update them. If using yours is not illegal, I guess they'll have to ban me. You and the others that do what you do need to raise holy hell with them for excluding you from this. They are idiots for doing so in the first place. But what should one expect from the morons running this company?

• Upvote 1

Thanks for kind words.

Hard to tell before 5.3 comes, I hope the mods will still work, but I affraid WG will now display some warning if you use other modpacks than "recommended" like: Are you sure to play with unstable mods? Better download our modpack that has stable mods (yeah riiight!!! lol).

Aslain,

I have used your modpacks the entire time Ive played WoT and WoWs.  I appreciate all your hardwork.  I couldn't imagine playing without you.  I hope you are able to put something together for 5.3!

• Upvote 1

Hello and thanx for the great work Aslain,

I have a problem since 5.3 but i dunno if it is related to a mod.

Before the patch when I used sniper view the aiming angle was far more wide. Now sniper view is more close to the sea level. I already use max zoom out in all views mod. The crosshair mod I use is pro scope.

Anyone else has this issue as well?

Thanks in advance for your help.

anyone uses any crosshairs in mods?

and if they do, they tested how accurate the numbers are? because the numbers in those mods should be calculated by the computer function of all the variables in the game at the moment, especially enemy speed, distance fom the target, etc, the crosshair numbers should be how many seconds until your shell hit the enemy 

and i don't think all these dozens of custom crosshairs do that

on a second thought, the numbers could be already calculated by the game engine and the mods just apply whatever graphic they were built on.... 

for now i use the game crosshair cause i dont trust them

Edited by cristi

Maybe post 21 has it right..

ModPak 5.3.07 goes through all the right motions but it's not in the game when I log in.

Cristi, I have tried several of the "crosshairs" for WoWS. I like the V.2 "Rainbow" that Major "R" (I went blank, I think it's Renegade) created.

Much larger than the std. game version, color coded and numbered, plus elevation marks. I rarely run out of "crosshairs" moving side to side and no more guessing when reaching "10" like on the std. version.

Aslain, thanks for all you do, what I use has made WoWS enjoyable.

About the above "crosshairs", think you can talk to the Major and see if He'll change the "Blue Area" for another color easier to see against the ocean

Billy,

Right Here! Or "Aslain's Mods" that is!

There was a notice on the "Mod" download "re: Zeiss",  sorry I don't remember what it said.

I use the "crosshairs and cruise control", and with the recent difficulties I focused there

Though mention of the "Zeiss" intrigued me

Most "Mod" notices either mention updating or removal until updated.

50/50 chance.

Billy,

Right Here! Or "Aslain's Mods" that is!

There was a notice on the "Mod" download "re: Zeiss",  sorry I don't remember what it said.

I use the "crosshairs and cruise control", and with the recent difficulties I focused there

Though mention of the "Zeiss" intrigued me

Most "Mod" notices either mention updating or removal until updated.

50/50 chance.

Saw that one too. Information forthcoming, I guess. Finally joined the forum and quit lurking anyways. Hello all and thank you Aslain!

• Administrator

I am interested in the differences in the "Zeiss" camera mods. Is there a place for that info that I'm missing? Please and thanks!

When you open the preview in the installer and click on first mod called Zeiss, it will show you small screenshot with info about basic differences, and link to the website. Click on link, but it's russian site, hard to read it. 

I will add screenshots to every option there, when I have time.

Billy_Sastard, on 25 Feb 2016 - 23:57, said: I am interested in the differences in the "Zeiss" camera mods. Is there a place for that info that I'm missing? Please and thanks!

When you open the preview in the installer and click on first mod called Zeiss, it will show you small screenshot with info about basic differences, and link to the website. Click on link, but it's russian site, hard to read it. 

I will add screenshots to every option there, when I have time.

I also struggle to understand the webpage translation for the linked page, I've tried Google Translate, Bing Translate and others and, they all suck at translating into legible English. 

I (and many others I suspect), would greatly appreciate if someone fluent in English and whatever language it is, would post the mod on an English forum.  With a proper English description.

Edited by sticklebrick