XVM not launching

Hi guys, believe someone has the same problem with 9.14.01 in WoT.

Today I downloaded and installed the latest installer. Basically did not change anything in it as I have my favourite settings.

But after launching the game is XVM obviously not launching. There is still that launching screen I have chosen not to have, garage (I selected 4 rows) have not change at all, no stats with garage icons od vehicles. Using of XVM is not mentioned at all in the upper left corner on the launching screen.

I tried to install three times but with the same result.

Any advice?

Btw great work Aslain! Not enclosing any pics as it is quite clear what is happening.

Edited by CZE_Lion

You should attach your .logs, so the problem can be investigated properly.

Meanwhile, check what mods are actually checked in the installer, as your "saved options" aren't actually always saved.

Especially when mods have to be taken out and re-added to the installer, some mods will automatically be checked or un-checked (in my experience anyway).

Maybe something is blocking the installer from actually installing some things - such as your AntiVirus and Firewall softwares.

Temporarily disabling those or adding Aslain's to the whitelist there can help.

Running the installer as Admin may also be worth a shot.

It probably isn't either of those things but one still should check if they are.

Software changes all the time and with each update they can add new rules, that suddenly block things that were fine for years.

The same is true for the other end, when mod-developers and -distributers run some new code.

They could change something in their software and now it's being picked up by a too sensitive protection software.

Anyway, checking this and trying to run as Admin are the easiest/quickest ways to check if the problem is on your end.

If those don't help, then you just have to wait for Aslain to check your logs and see if he can find something.

Best of luck. ^^

I have a problem with the installation file (100 MB one). When I downloaded and used only the XVM file (the 10 MB one), everything is fine. Then I tried to install again that 100 MB one. Now I have some hybrid with some features installed and some not :D for example XX-row garage is missing but I can see all the vehicles stats (rate of fire, price of all the ammo, turret traverse speed) on the right when I am in the garage.

Any suggestions?

Normally, you only have to delete things inside of the res_mods folder (but the game needs an empty 0.9.14 folder to start), to get rid of the mods.

If you want to run the installer again anyway though, you simply select "clean install" at the end of the installer, to accomplish the same thing (it deletes res_mods contents before putting mods inside there again).

Also, should always use "delete dlc cache" there, to make sure the installer is using the latest mod versions.

If you're bored and have the space, you can also try to put your WoT onto your c: drive and try installing the mods with the latest installer.

• Upvote 1

Also turned off antivirus+firewall (I have Comodo). But dont think that was tho problem. Its weird.

But somethink is different. I just cant change any feature I have chosen in Aslain installator. Different number of garage rows for example. When I launch installator again and change this nothing changes in the game. I made clean install again but it does not help.

Hm, that still sounds like XVM isn't installing correctly. That usually is a problem with permissions on your PC.

Have you tried to move WoT (the whole game) to a different drive?

It's possible that you don't have admin rights on your D: drive. Maybe on C: or another one you do though.

Only for testing, you could move the WoT folder to C: (and/or another drive) and then just run the installer again (perhaps even with right-click "run as Admin").

No need to erase 9.14 folder, if you select "clean install" at the end of the installer.

You right-click (with mouse) on the installer for Aslain's Modpack, that is on your PC (on the desktop probably).

There you get some options for what you want to do.

One of those options should be "run as Admin(istrator)".

Maybe I am totally stupid but is it possible that despite new installation path to a different drive the mods are installed somewhere else?? Because obviously XVM is not launched when starting a game. Folder res_mods / 09.14 is completely empty expect some readme file.

I installed on E: drive this time.

When you run the installer and click "next" a few times, it asks you where your WoT is located.

Don't just hit "next" all the time without changing anything.

When it asks where your WoT is (D:\World of Tanks\ is displayed) you need to change it to where your WoT is now.

That's really weird and I have no idea why that would be happening.

It just shouldn't be happening.

Try to run WoT and the installer on C: and see if that's changing anything.

I'm as clueless as you are, right now. =3

I realized weird thing in the morning. Despite the fact I have found some files of Aslain in C: drive, Aslain XVM was maybe installed in E: as I wanted to. But... I just dont see those files! And they are not hiden or smth. I realized this when I was checking and setting the installation path manually before the installation began. When I look in 09.14 directory "normally" I cant see Aslain files. Via choosing the path during installation I can see them.

How the hell is this possible? :-)

Edited by CZE_Lion