Some configs are not enabled

• Administrator

sed_2 test broke the mods again im using the same mods as the java version 

So every usage of sed is breaking it for you.

Currently sed in javascript version is still being used in few places, like color schemes, and disabling stuff related to spotting icons and custom OTMs.

The worse thing is we know what is causing this, but we don't know why. Because I never experience this.

From what you selected in first test, hide unpotted icons causing this, that option is launching sed, that should mod texts.xc, could you attach that file?

Same result for this too.

So, this file has different permission levels than most of the other random files I've checked.

Can't move it or attach it here even.

It's read, write and read/run only.

Has a user called "NULL SID" on it's list too, if that tells you anything.

Strange... the game was working perfectly but after closing and relaunching the game the same mods that were not working before are not working now... Will try the sed3 :P 

EDIT 1: I'll give another try to the sed2.exe, relaunching the game now

EDIT 2: Does not work again... sed2.exe worked only after the first game launch.... wth is going on on my computer??

Edited by joaonunes
  • Administrator

Strange... the game was working perfectly but after closing and relaunching the game the same mods that were not working before are not working now... Will try the sed3 :P I'll give another try to the sed2.exe, relaunching the game now

Sounds like a sandbox or something, once installed it should stay there, I have no ability to remove mods without running anything on local machine :)

Sounds like a sandbox or something, once installed it should stay there, I have no ability to remove mods without running anything on local machine :)

I had the same thought, but the installer is not running on a sandbox, and I think neither is the game, but will completely disable the AV to be sure. Reinstalling sed2.exe with AV OFF.

sed2.exe installed; tests executed after install:

Test 1: AV OFF, Launched game normal mode (not admin) - Works

Test 2: AV OFF, Launched game as Admin - Works

Test 3: AV OFF, Launched game normal mode - Does Not work

Test 4: AV OFF, Launched game as Admin - Works

Test 5: AV ON, Launched game as Admin - Works

Test 6: AV ON, Launched game normal mode - Does not work

In BOLD same test, but the first right after install and the later at second start+; For some reason it's not working without admin mode after the first launch, and I'm glad to know it's not the AV's fault, even though it has an auto-sandbox module it can be overwritten and ask for the users' opinion, that's why I was sure it wasn't running on sandbox mode.

Anyways, sed2.exe is working, maybe just tell people to run the game launcher as admin and see if they have any results

EDIT: The "Works" and "Does not work" refer to mods from the pack that were not working as I first complained.

EDIT 2: THIS IS AN IMPORTANT EDIT!!! Only after I installed sed2.exe I saw the game even work with all the mods, even if only at the first launch, all other installers failed. I did not try the sed3.exe though, but can test it if you want Aslain

EDIT 3: Why on Earth is my computer refusing to read the files it first read right after the modpack install... I can't come up with an answer...

Edited by joaonunes

You did a lot of work today... impressive.

Sadly... it changed nothing for me. The garage is still empty and unusable with version 08. post-12409-0-31397800-1458326508_thumb.j

As usual clean install and dlc reload... I have even deleted the whole res_mods folder by myself before installing to be sure there are no undeletable files left but there are still same errors in the log as in previous versions.

python.log_Aslain_logs.zip

In the file system I can see remnants of sed... don't know if this is wanted. post-12409-0-43389000-1458326358_thumb.j

I also have tried  the sed2 and sed3 installers from posts #87 and #98... both result in the same empty garage and the same errors in the python.log.

Edit: I tried to install 08 with "only recommended XVM options" and even disabled everything... still the same error. I can't believe this is a problem of "sed"... _Aslain_logs.zippython.log

Is there any other idea, why I still suffer the same problems as before..?

Edited by Frontcamper

Well, I can't read logs for shit, so..

Did you change anything around WoT or your system security between last modpack uses?

Did you use any other 3rd party mods/modpacks and may have any remnants of that still in there somewhere?

Could check if moving the game to c: (not uninstalling, just cut and paste), running installer as Admin and/or disabling any super-tight security software during installation does anything.

Just some things to try out/think about, while you wait doing nothing or play vanilla. =3

No.. I can't think of any change in security at all. But I have disabled the anti virus tool and run the installer as admin... same result... empty garage.

I usually do use some other mods (german statistics, other OTM reload (hate those dead lines in ZJ mods), and some other) but no modpacks. And at the moment there are no other mods at all. I do clean installs every time I try another installation of Aslains modpack. No need to bother with other mods until the base modpack is properly installed.

Aslains is the only executable that I use to install mods, every other mod is copied out of zip archives by hand, so I'm prety sure there is nothing unusual outside the res_mods folder which is not from Aslains modpack or WoT itself.

I think the only reasonable change since last use of Aslains modpack is update 0.9.14... :-/

Edited by Frontcamper

I do USUALLY use a statistic mod... but not at the moment. Aslains modpack is the only thing, I try to install at the moment. No third party mods at all.

I have tried to use Aslains XVM only package .04... and it works. So, it's not a XVM problem, it seems to be a problem with the installer.

Maybe Aslain can say, what's the difference between his XVM-only archive and the installer with only Aslains icons selected.post-12409-0-58597500-1458332320_thumb.j

Edited by Frontcamper

I have found a solution for my "empty garage" bug: replacing the "CameraNode.pyc" from Aslains mod pack by another one (from any other mod) solves the problem and the garage is okay.

I don't know why I seem to be the only one who has problems with the file from the mod pack but at least I can sleep well again... ;-)

I have found a solution for my "empty garage" bug: replacing the "CameraNode.pyc" from Aslains mod pack by another one (from any other mod) solves the problem and the garage is okay. I don't know why I seem to be the only one who has problems with the file from the mod pack but at least I can sleep well again... ;-)

Nice detectivework. By all means its good for the forum if 

players post any progress they make with problems.