Issues with the smoke screen boundaries mod

After getting the latest 5.0.3.2.02 modpack, i reinstalled the smoke screen boundaries mod.  I immediately started having problems loading into any matches as it would freeze on the player screen.  I could click the start button, but would stay on the player screen.  Disabling this mod cured this issue.  (No, I am not using any "zoom mods" or "gun camera mods".)

Is anyone else having similar problems?

Edited by mjf_shadow

After getting the latest 5.0.3.2.02 modpack, i reinstalled the smoke screen boundaries mod.  I immediately started having problems loading into any matches as it would freeze on the player screen.  I could click the start button, but would stay on the player screen.  Disabling this mod cured this issue.  (No, I am not using any "zoom mods" or "gun camera mods".)

Is anyone else having similar problems?

Oh yes. I was just made this account to report this issue. Actually I wasnt sure which mod caused that. I am having freezes at the start and in middle of the game. Thanks for the tip.

Hi!

Can confirm, this mode is definitely causing issues. In my case, it prevents me from exiting the match after dying. My client hangs when I try to exit to port.

Makes me sad, because it's one of the most useful mods in game, if not THE most useful one. I consider this something that should, in fact, be incorporated into the game client because I find smoke extremely hard to see from close range without it.

I hope that awesome people that make this will manage to fix it soon.

I have no issues starting games.. its after games that I get crashes.. and started just after I installed the smoke screen mod.

it does say "Bugged Mod" in the installer.. so I'm guessing these issues.. or others are known about

Edited by BirdForce
  • Upvote 1

yes , same thing...

i have both problems : on battle loading or when leaving it ... always need to kill process WoWS in windows and restart the game.

Mod removed and all is fine now.

it's sad, one of the greatest mod, one of the most usefull one and not working ...

i've heard it came from a Dev ... don't know if it's right or wrong but i hope it will be updated !

C U

• Upvote 1

Just an FYI.

I downloaded today's mod pack, v5.4.0.01 (26.03.2016), and the smoke screen boundaries mod is still locking up WoWs when you exit a game. So I would recommend not including it in the package until it is fixed. 

Of course this wouldn't even be an issue if WG would properly render smoke...

• 2 weeks later...