Internet

Aslain,

I had your most current Ships pack downloaded, ran it and played for a while. I then uninstalled it via the usual way. A few hours later, my I-net went out so I decided to re-run the Mod, which was still in my downloaded folder. After I selected my mods and tried to finish the set up I received a MSG that said it couldn't complete because there was no Internet? Is this normal? There's some sort of "phone home" component in the pack?

q

So unless I misunderstood... you didn't have internet, and tried to install the modpack, which then failed (saying no internet) when it tried to download the DLC mods that you selected in the installer - right?

(The installer would be MASSIVE, if it didn't use a DLC option..)

Edited by Quaksen
  • Upvote 1

"tried to install the modpack".....yes, I ran it, made my selections, hit enter and when it started installing the mods I had selected, it stopped and indicated, ostensibly, the install had to have a I-net connection to complete the install.

The program downloads the larger mods separately after they are selected, as Quaksen said, otherwise, the Mod "enabler" would be 5 to 10 times larger than it currently is.  This lets everyone choose what to download, versus a catchall, downloaded the "internet" solution.  So yes, you need to be connected to the internet to acquire the mods/skins that you selected.

Edited by mjf_shadow
  • Upvote 1

The program downloads the larger mods separately after they are selected, as Quaksen said, otherwise, the Mod "enabler" would be 5 to 10 times larger than it currently is.  This lets everyone choose what to download, versus a catchall, downloaded the "internet" solution.  So yes, you need to be connected to the internet to acquire the mods/skins that you selected.

ty