several mods won't work for some time

I never updated to the release that came out the other day.. dont have a lot of the 'bigger' mods installed.. just damage counter.. my sights.. no fog and a few other smaller ones... and just changed the folder name and it all works fine.. But as the other poster said.. they're having no issues.. so maybe download the previous version.. just install the basics.. (damage, sights etc) rename the folder and you should be good to go.

Ok, I kinda found the problem - permissions for battle_elements.xml are messed up, a lot, and it happens after each mod reinstall, AV turned on or not.

After restoring them to ALL: Permit - everything seems to be fine.

Any Windows7 guuru here?

Edited by Cypis
  • Upvote 1

Ok, I kinda found the problem - permissions for battle_elements.xml are messed up, a lot, and it happens after each mod reinstall, AV turned on or not.

Any Windows7 guuru here?

I found the same solution to my problem of the damage counter not showing up.

• Administrator

Any Windows7 guuru here?

So after reinstalling the modpack, the permissions are being messed up again? Are you using admin account?

So after reinstalling the modpack, the permissions are being messed up again? Are you using admin account?

I tried reinstalling version 0.5.4.00 and it messed up the permissions again, adding two wrong extra entries that Windows then detects as wrong/wrongly ordered when you try to open the Security tab of the Properties window, and then again when you try to edit them.

I have made one small change, please try this installer, if you still have issues with permissions of battle_elements after installing the modpack.

http://rtor.nyx.feralhosting.com/files/Installer/Aslains_WoWs_ModPack_Installer_v.5.4.0.03-test.exe

No change.

To be precise: no other files (like alt_header.xml, battle_layout.xml...) seems to be suffering from that problem.

Weird...

• Administrator

No change.

To be precise: no other files (like alt_header.xml, battle_layout.xml...) seems to be suffering from that problem.

Weird...

Check permissions for preferences.xml file, this file is being changed too when you select option to enable replays.

With Aslains_WoWs_ModPack_Installer_v.5.4.1.00   problem is mostly gone,

permissions of battle_elements.xml are still a bit messed up (two groups added, Users and All) but they seem to inherit from each other, and give full control, so no problem this time.