Is reload time mode legal ?

hi i'm using reload time from aslain modpack and i'm wondering if is legal or not..i suppouse is not. anyway is visible in replays?... i mean if i have to show a replay they will know that i am using the reload time ?

Wargaming EU has basically absolutely no policy regarding illegal mods.

They claim to care about it, by stating that each individual player has to judge whether or not a specific mod gives them an advantage towards other players.

And if a mod does that, then it can be considered illegal.

The thing is though, everyone judges differently. For some people, every mod gives you some sort of advantage. And for others, no mod seems to give them any advantages.

Thus, making this "policy" completely void in the overall picture.

That being said, the reload mods use really basic assumptions about the reload times.

They don't account for things that can influence a reload, such as crew-status, equipment and/or consumables.

Therefore, the mod is really only an estimation of the very basic reload and not 100% accurate at all (it may even put you at a disadvantage, if the actual reload is significantly lower than what the mod predicts).

And lastly, as Quaksen already stated, the mods you use are only visible to your person (unless you're making a recording of it and publish it or you're streaming it in the first place).

When someone watches the same replay file on a different computer, they will see the vanilla version or anything modified by their own mods on their computer.

• Upvote 2

so if i have to give some replays to wg they can't know what i'm using right ? cause i want to participate at special event for tier 5  and somewhere there they specified that replays are required and i don't want to loose my account of course :))

• Administrator

so if i have to give some replays to wg they can't know what i'm using right ? cause i want to participate at special event for tier 5  and somewhere there they specified that replays are required and i don't want to loose my account of course :))

Imho they cannot tell from replay if you are using any reload indicator mods.

• Upvote 1

so if i have to give some replays to wg they can't know what i'm using right ? cause i want to participate at special event for tier 5  and somewhere there they specified that replays are required and i don't want to loose my account of course  :))

Unless you're using some obvious cheating software/mods, then other people can only guess if you're using something fishy but can't really prove it.

One thing that could be considered suspicious is like using the reload mod, playing against an autoloader tank and only moving in once you know (via the mod) that the enemy is reloading.

That, however, could also be a lucky guess by you and they can't prove anything.

So, you don't have to worry about them seeing which mods you use.

The only thing you'd have to worry about is your in-game behaviour. Like toxic chatting or other foul things coming from you. Which could put a dent into your chances of winning or even puts you at risk of bans.

• Upvote 1

Generally you can fairly easily hear when a tank fires, and you should also generally know how long reload times usually are.

What the mod does is really just give a visual timer, but you can have a mental timer, especially on auto-loaders, since you can count how many shots they take.

(There are a few exceptions, since some autoloading tanks have different ammo count in their guns.. BatChats for example, can have a 6-round gun, instead of the usual 5-round top gun :) )

• Upvote 1

Hi

My 2 cents of thoughts.

You can imagine yourself in a tank with your buddies. 

If you can achieve the same thing manually as the mod 

then it is legal. 

Can you mark enemies on a handheld map, can you guess 

where the shot came from, can you as Quaksen said count 

in your head or use stopwatch to determine when the enemy 

should be ready to fire again, then its leagal.