Out of curiosity...

• Administrator

Work in progress....

what's done:

- updated Historical Flags (by Adiya)
- updated Extended Tech Tree (adds hidden/unavailable ships to tech tree)
- updated Damage counter + in-battle clock (alt header by W03L0BED)
- added Red-Yellow sense (by BlueManCa)
- added contour icons by AutoSpy
- added hud_lib mods by MajorRenegade
- added Camera "Zeiss" (advanced camera + advanced zoom) (by Mebius_LW)
- added Training Room enabler (by swompthink)
- removed no fog from all ports (has no use and conflicting with port mods)
- removed Minimap with ship name and last known position (by Kvalme) [mod discontinued]

- removed Minimap with ship name and last known position (by Kvalme) [mod discontinued]

Any reason from the developer why it's discontinued or any sign if someone else will pick it up?
It's by far my most favourite mod. I don't even need the last position (though it's awesome), just the extra lines and ship names would be enough.

On another note, I really love your modpack. Thank you for all the work you put into it!
Edited by Tatsukishi
  • Administrator

Yes, source: http://forum.worldofwarships.ru/index.php?/topic/25547-054%d1%85-%d1%80%d0%b0%d1%81%d1%88%d0%b8%d1%80%d0%b5%d0%bd%d0%bd%d1%8b%d0%b9-%d0%ba%d0%be%d1%80%d0%b0%d0%b1%d0%b5%d0%bb%d1%8c%d0%bd%d1%8b%d0%b9-%d0%b8%d0%bd%d1%82%d0%b5%d1%80%d1%84%d0%b5%d0%b9%d1%81-%d0%ba%d0%be%d0%bc%d0%bf%d0%bb%d0%b5%d0%ba/page__st__660__pid__2165260#entry2165260

and his reason (google translator):

AD.

RCT Development discontinued. Perhaps it will be continued in the future, if a miracle happens and WG will provide an opportunity to test mode without signing a NDA.

The current situation is as follows: RCT uses a functional game client, which falls under the protection. a signature is required to use this functionality. It is because of this signature somewhere in the region of 0.4. * (Can not remember exactly) for about a week did not work trials. Its just not signed. It would seem all right, RCT sign, no problem. However, without a signature can not be razrabayvat events, as I can not check it. For modders it is possible to circumvent this restriction by signing NDA with WG and received some bun. For me, the signing of the NDA is unacceptable and as a consequence of the development of mods frozen.

Thank you to everyone who enjoyed my mod.

ОБЪЯВЛЕНИЕ.

Разработка РКИ прекращена. Возможно она будет продолжена в будущем, если случится чудо и WG предоставит возможность тестировать моды без подписания NDA.

На данный момент ситуация следующая: РКИ использует функционал клиента игры, который попадает под защиту. Для использования данного функционала требуется подпись. Именно из-за этой подписи гдето в районе 0.4.*(не помню точно) около недели не работал РКИ. Его просто не подписали. Казалось бы все нормально, РКИ подписывают, проблем нет. Однако без подписи невозможно разрабаывать мод, т.к. я не могу его проверить. Для мододелов имеется возможность обойти это ограничение, подписав NDA с WG и получив некую плюшку. Для меня подписание NDA является неприемлемым и как следствие разработка модов заморожена.

Спасибо всем кто пользовался моим модом.

Any reason from the developer why it's discontinued or any sign if someone else will pick it up?
It's by far my most favourite mod. I don't even need the last position (though it's awesome), just the extra lines and ship names would be enough.

Same here - it's rather pathetic, but I find myself lost without that mod.  I still look at the map whenever I think I see a blink of red on the horizon, to make sure I saw an enemy ship for a second.  My eyes aren't that good and if I lose focus I might see a ship icon somewhere else on the screen, and it was easy to know if that was the case when I was using that mod.  Hopefully someone else will create something similar now that it is gone.

The translation is pretty close, basically mods that use the game's functions require them to be signed by WarGaming in order to prevent mods like aim assist. Kvalme cannot continue developing the mod since his mod has not been signed, so he discontinued the project.

How does that even work?  

If you want something to be signed off, you probably have to present it to WG. (I assume)

If it's not signed it doesn't work .. how can you develop anything?  

If you can develop it without it being signed ... there is nothing holding you from distributing it.

Catch 22?

How does that even work?  

If you want something to be signed off, you probably have to present it to WG. (I assume)

If it's not signed it doesn't work .. how can you develop anything?  

If you can develop it without it being signed ... there is nothing holding you from distributing it.

Catch 22?

That's somewhat the problem: he requires a test-client from WG, but WG apparently requires developers to sign a NDA to receive that client. And the developer refuses to sign that NDA for some reason (probably one of the terms has him upset/is against his practices/ideals or so).

It's really sad that we lose such an awesome mod because of a probably unnecessary NDA. It would be best if WG integrated that mod instead of scopes that are basically meaningless gameplay wise.

NDAs aren't really unnecessary - if you need access to the code, that is proprietary information and is WG's means of earning a buck.

I was a beta tester several years ago for a game whose owner let someone use the code for an expansion pack, but they ended up distributing the entire game PLUS the pack from their website without permission.

The owner was in the US and the website was based in the Ukraine, I believe - so there was no legal recourse and as a result the guy who owned the game lost significant income as a result of the violation of the NDA.

I guess that might indicate that an NDA doesn't always work - not across international boundaries, at least - but at the very least signing an NDA is a sign of good will and shouldn't be a problem in this case.

I agree though - it would be great to have that mod especially incorporated into the game itself (I've become dependent on it) but I see plenty of Youtuber replays with no mods or even hp/ship name indicators above target ships, which tells me that there are plenty of people out there who prefer the apparent challenge of not knowing or caring who they're shooting at.  Or they prefer an uncluttered screen and know the ships by profile (their eyesight is lots better than mine, then).

NDAs aren't really unnecessary - if you need access to the code, that is proprietary information and is WG's means of earning a buck.

I was a beta tester several years ago for a game whose owner let someone use the code for an expansion pack, but they ended up distributing the entire game PLUS the pack from their website without permission.

The owner was in the US and the website was based in the Ukraine, I believe - so there was no legal recourse and as a result the guy who owned the game lost significant income as a result of the violation of the NDA.

I guess that might indicate that an NDA doesn't always work - not across international boundaries, at least - but at the very least signing an NDA is a sign of good will and shouldn't be a problem in this case.

I agree though - it would be great to have that mod especially incorporated into the game itself (I've become dependent on it) but I see plenty of Youtuber replays with no mods or even hp/ship name indicators above target ships, which tells me that there are plenty of people out there who prefer the apparent challenge of not knowing or caring who they're shooting at.  Or they prefer an uncluttered screen and know the ships by profile (their eyesight is lots better than mine, then).

I don't mean that NDAs are bad in general, but in this case it's most likely just for the API or the signing process, because I highly doubt that they would create a mod-system that requires laying open relevant parts of the game source code.

I think it's more a preference of information clutter/processing than wanting a challenge. A lot of people have problems to concentrate on the main objective/information or lose immersion if there is too much text/stuff on the screen cluttering things while others have no problem ignoring that information/clutter until they actively seek info from it or have no problem processing it on the side.

And actual replays and maybe recordings on youtube are probably mostly done with vanilla WoWS because it's what everyone knows and all that information doesn't really matter for viewers at that point.