Minimap with ship name and last known position (by Kvalme) [mod discontinued]

Hey Aslain,

will you try to continue that mod or will it be completely removed forever from the mod, because it is one of the most useful mods in my opinion :/

Regards,

Yedi

Kvalme is the one that discontinued it. So yeah, it's gone.

According to a NA WG employee, they will add detection range circles to the game.  He said they would be dynamic so that when you fire your guns, the circle will grow and shrink when you are in smoke.  They are hoping, but no promises, that it will be included in 0.5.6.  Check out the latest ShootTheRedShips podcast for the entire discussion.

• Upvote 3
On 5/7/2016 at 6:52 AM, Cypis said:

Well... it took WG about 4 years to implement "last position" feature in WoT... let's hope it will be quicker in WoWs case :>

While I realize it is a long shot, has anyone looked into whether or not WG used the same code for minimaps between WoT and WoWS?

2 hours ago, IronJuggernaut said:

While I realize it is a long shot, has anyone looked into whether or not WG used the same code for minimaps between WoT and WoWS?

It is completely different, also WG has to approve your minimap mod in case you want to release it to the public, that's one of the obstacles that discontinued the old mod.

6 minutes ago, FOG_Yamato said:

It is completely different, also WG has to approve your minimap mod in case you want to release it to the public, that's one of the obstacles that discontinued the old mod.

Indeed. The author (Kvalme) choose to say NO to the NDA that Wargaming wands to put on him (I guess it's an NDA telling him he cannot say how the approval process is, heh), and thus, the mod is no more.

Maybe this should be a pinned post.....  Wargaming is hoping to add those to the game in a future update.  They think 0.5.6, but did not promise.  The mod developer who did the previous version will not be updating his to work with the current version of the game.

• Administrator

10 hours ago, Cypis said:

Any news on "enemy last spotted" front?

I do miss it badly, more in WoWs then in WoT to be honest.

There is no mod for now, better wait for WG to introduce this into the game.

Yup   all the mods that were the most useful are all no longer available. Last position enemy spotted, xvm stats beside players names, see though mini map, smoke boundaries....wahts left  ...oh yeah all those idiotic Arpeggio skins add-ons. Oh and if you are really depressed you can have a 100% weather effect mod on 100% of the time......rain drops keep falling on my head,,,,Im puking in the rain.....Always On Weather we get to replace the real mods that everyone wants and are used to.

Basically whats left is not even worth having.

Many thanks, Aslain!

Please remind me to invite you for some nice beer when/if U even land in Gdańsk / Sopot :)

Anyway - is there any person who knows how to configure this mod?

minimap.xml (from res_mods\0.5.5.1\gui\flash\ ) contains surprisingly few options,

and I noticed rkiConfig.xml still in res_mods\0.5.5.1\ - does it still work in some way?

Edited by Cypis