What is xvm XMQP

I see that we now have the option to enable or disable XMQP in the xvm settings.  I have done a Google search to learn what this is and have not been able to find any information.

What type of information does it allow the sharing of between players and how does it work?  What is the purpose or benefit of using it?  Any information regarding this will be greatly appreciated. 

* new xmqp feature for exchanging data between players (experimental):
    new macros:
      {{x-enabled}} - player have xmqp service enabled
      {{x-sense-on}} - player studied "sixth sense" perk
      {{x-spotted}} - player vehicle is spotted      
      {{x-fire}} - fire in vehicle
      {{x-overturned}} - player vehicle is overturned
      {{x-drowning}} - player vehicle is drowning

• Upvote 2

Thanks Quaksen.  So, I suppose I will only see this type of information if both I and another player have this enabled in xvm.  Is this correct?  Do you know of any documentation available on this part of xvm?  I did not turn anything up in a Google search.

Russian

If my Russian is not rusted entirely, it works like this:

If we have XMQP switched on, and another player also have this switched on, and his commander has "6th sense" trained, we see grey bulb by his marker. When he is spotted, the bulb turns yellow. There can be other situations, like vehicle in fire, vehicle overturned, or vehicle drowning indicated by other icons taking place of this bulb.

Edited by Xzasxz
  • Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Xzasxz said:

Russian

If my Russian is not rusted entirely, it works like this:

If we have XMQP switched on, and another player also have this switched on, and his commander has "6th sense" trained, we see grey bulb by his marker. When he is spotted, the bulb turns yellow. There can be other situations, like vehicle in fire, vehicle overturned, or vehicle drowning indicated by other icons taking place of this bulb.

If I read the first part correctly, that means that you can use their 6th sense? Might be very handy if you don't have it yet :P

1 minute ago, basbeest said:

If I read the first part correctly, that means that you can use their 6th sense? Might be very handy if you don't have it yet :P

Not quite, lol.

If another player has XMQP active, and sixth sense on his commander, you can see if HE gets spotted, once his sixth sense goes off I guess (so the usual 3 second delay)

It won't affect you in any other way, obviously.

I was just in a battle with another player which had the indication (gold/yellow bar) next to his name indicating that he had XMQP.  I asked him if he had 6th sense and he said yes.  He was in a light tank and was in close combat with several enemy tanks and there was never an indication, that I could see, that his 6th sense had gone off.  Am I missing something here?  What should I be seeing?  A screenshot would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Darth_Clicker said:

I was just in a battle with another player which had the indication (gold/yellow bar) next to his name indicating that he had XMQP.  I asked him if he had 6th sense and he said yes.  He was in a light tank and was in close combat with several enemy tanks and there was never an indication, that I could see, that his 6th sense had gone off.  Am I missing something here?  What should I be seeing?  A screenshot would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Just wait, it's new and bugged feature.... It should work like that, but it's not, for whatever reason.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Wolf533 said:

I've been in games all morning and saw how it worked. Now I saw the yellow bulb only not what it looks like if your team member turns over though.

It works like that currently, yes. But not many people are using it yet, I saw maybe 2 people max in a team.

3 hours ago, Aslain said:

It works like that currently, yes. But not many people are using it yet, I saw maybe 2 people max in a team.

i quite like this addition ,    seeing the bulb on the minimap   ,also the players name turns yellow if in front of u , gives u advance warning that i can be spotted .

not seen the  the  flipped  icon yet though , but when all additions r working it will be a geat mod

• 2 weeks later...