Minimap view range circles

Hi,

There is a difference between the 'tanks current' max viewrange (white) circle and the dynamic (blue) circle when standing still and binos is activated.

Is this a bug or an issue with settings?

ViewRange.jpg

Edited by Snyrren
Added the 'tanks current' to avoid confusion :P

Isn't the dynamic circle simple showing that "Hey, Binos is on, better expand the circle to reflect it"? (Just a guess :) )

In any case, 445 meters is the maximum range you can detect someone. Any view range beyond 445m is just countering their camouflage values.

According to the description in the installer the Blue circle is "Show dynamic view range circle (Blue)" and the White circle is "Show view range circle while standing (White"...

From what I can remember the blue circle has always covered the white circle when binos activated before... And it's very noticable ;)

View range = (Base view range / 0.875) * {0.5 + 0.00375 * (base skill + vent bonus + BiA bonus) } * (1 + Binocs/Optics bonus as decimal)
T-34 example (350 base view range):
View range = (350 / 0.875) * {0.5 + 0.00375 * (100 + 5(vents) + 5(BiA)) } * (1 + 0.25 (binocs) )

I am only sharing the following information to support the OP in that I have a related/similar problem.  As we are getting 9.15 in the next day or so, I do not see a need to seek a fix for the problem.  Besides, it is not that important to me.  If someone wishes to have my logs, just ask.

In xvm, I have selected the following:

445m Max detect (yellow)

564m max draw (red)

Dynamic view range (blue)

view range standing (white)

I have stereoscope binuculars on my T92 (for those times when I wish to use the T92 ninja passive scouting skills...:D )  Actual view range is 380m and 475 with binocs as reported by the game. 

Here is a gif showing how the circles change without binocs and with.  I can not see how these circles correctly represent the respective distances.  The red one, and white one seem correct as well as the yellow one.  But the blue one is confusing.  I do not have the navy blue view range while moving circle selected in the mod.

CWsSdcC.gif

Edited by Darth_Clicker

Hi

Well, had to rethink.  As it is set now its called "blindarea".

It ignores anything beyond 445. 

Its a noobsetting so players dont think they can spot beyond 445. 

So whats the point of having 475 with binocs? You will spot tanks 

easier when they enter your 445 radius, it "takes away" some 

of the enemy tanks camo value. 

To be honest you dont need so many circles, keep it simple.

• Upvote 1

Hi

On the other hand, if you noticed this recently it has to 

be XVM that has some bug and maybe the update will get it fixed.

Also remember that you can change color and thickness 

on those circles.

10 hours ago, Darth_Clicker said:

But the blue one is confusing.  I do not have the navy blue view range while moving circle selected in the mod.

One more... As you see the colors blend, thats why it can get confusing.

Light blue on dark blue is medium blue.

Light blue on white is light blue.

The max 445 max detect circle is useful for me to judge when I need to move my big ass arty when an enemy is approaching.  If something can be spotted at 445m it is probably going to be one of my artys.  I use binocs because I want to be able to see out to 445.  I know that a view range beyond 445 is useless.  The red max draw range circle lets me know that if a tank is  beyond this distance he can not see me to aim at me.  It is all about map awareness in arty because I do not have armour, hit points, or normally mobility to use in my defence.  I have to rely on knowledge.

20 minutes ago, Darth_Clicker said:

The max 445 max detect circle is useful for me to judge when I need to move my big ass arty when an enemy is approaching.  If something can be spotted at 445m it is probably going to be one of my artys.  I use binocs because I want to be able to see out to 445.  I know that a view range beyond 445 is useless.  The red max draw range circle lets me know that if a tank is  beyond this distance he can not see me to aim at me.  It is all about map awareness in arty because I do not have armour, hit points, or normally mobility to use in my defence.  I have to rely on knowledge.

Absolutely, go with the stuff you are used to. 

To me its cluttered, but I have changed my HUD 

and mods and XVM settings so many times over 

the years so Im not the guy to tell a player what to do.

2 hours ago, Grandorf said:

Hi

Well, had to rethink.  As it is set now its called "blindarea".

It ignores anything beyond 445. 

Its a noobsetting so players dont think they can spot beyond 445...

So what you are saying is that the Dynamic viewrange (blue) only jumps to 445m(max) when binos is activated?

Well, by looking at the gif, it seems like it's working as I would like it to work. The blue circle jumps from dark blue to cover the white circle.

Edited by Snyrren
7 hours ago, Grandorf said:

Absolutely, go with the stuff you are used to. 

To me its cluttered, but I have changed my HUD 

and mods and XVM settings so many times over 

the years so Im not the guy to tell a player what to do.

I think I can do without the static white circle since the dynamic view range (light blue) always gives the view range at the current time which is all that is actually useful to me.

Edit:  I just went back and looked in the modpack installer and I did indeed have the navy circle to indicate moving view range selected.  I will probably only use the dynamic one in the future as having both seems a bit redundant to me too.

Exciting times as always...waiting to download and play...haha.

Edited by Darth_Clicker