Client hangs up on loading screen

• Administrator

After installing 3.7.4 mod pack installer or any previous version and, after hitting the battle button in game, the client will load stats on the loading page but will not go into battle. Also I have not modified the custom settings in the installer as this will prevent me from seeing any stats.

Your setting is basicaly my XVM config, no other mods installed, it has to work.

Hi mate , I've personally tested with your settings ( on 3.7.12 ) and it's working well. 

Try this:

delete the contents of res_mods ;

download the .zip of aslain's xvm ;

extract the zip into res_mods

I don't understand log-speak, so idk if there were any issues during installation but might be a simple matter of admin rights that prevent things from being installed using the .exe?

Could give right-click > run as Admin a shot perhaps.

• Administrator

Exactly, it has to work, like I said before you have selected my Recommended XVM settings which is the same setting like you have in zip only version.

The issue you are having with the installer is local thing, limited to your PC only.

After you run the 3.7.12 as Admin (by right-clicking the .exe and clicking "Run as Admin" ), are u getting any errors? Or it's just stops on loading when entering in a battle?

Go to your Roaming folder, and delete your World of Tanks cache.

You may access this folder and delete your World of Tanks cache by following these steps: (Make sure that your Game Client is not on whilst performing these actions.

1. Press the Windows Key + R
  2. Search for %AppData%
  3. Double click on the WarGaming.net folder.
  4. Right Click on the WorldofTanks folder.
  5. Hold the Shift key whilst clicking on "Delete".
  6. Turn on your Game Client.

Tell me how it goes!

Edit: I have not been able to re-create the issue either. Aslain is correct - it's a local issue. Chances are, it's not even caused by modifications. However, just to make sure, I must ask - are you using any modifications other than the ones in Aslain's Mod Pack?

Same problem here. Pure Aslain XVM Modpack install (deleted everything inside res_mods folder). But stucks on loading screen. Alt + F4, restarting game, starts that loading screen and stucks there.

EDIT: Ok, installing only XVM it works. Now i try to find that failing mod.

Tried the latest installer pack before manually deleting cache, the problem still persists, locks the game up with no cursor then have to end program by other means. I then deleted the cache folder as suggested and restarted the game client, same problem, and by the way I do not recommend deleting the cache folder in this manner. I used the uninstall file to delete the installer mod pack and it deletes some necessary files that are needed to run the game, meanwhile tank is afk or destroyed every time. There is no issue if I drop the folders in myself, into the res mods folder but, I don't get all the mods I want like I used to when using the installer in the past. Any ideas?

It works now but, I am going to do a clean install of the game client again because permanently deleting the cache folder makes it so I have to reset all the in game settings every time I start the game client. Thank you Almace and everyone else for all the effort.

Did you try to run the installer itself as admin?

Because that's what I was referring to, in case something on your system prevents mods from being installed.

So does just running WoT as admin now work without hang-ups?

Almace, Just running WoT as admin does the trick without hang-ups.  As I tried to say before in a previous post, my computer is set to prompt me for admin privileges every time I make a change or download or run a program such as the installer. I can not run the installer without an admin login. Your original post gave me the idea to try the shortcut, about a year ago I remembered I had to run the game like that with a different mods pack I had once used.