Japanese voice pack files location

I'd like to know what and where are the files for the Japanese voice pack so I am allowed to save them in a backup folder.

The reasoning is that I will not need to download them again for the next Aslain's or WoWS update. The download speed for the pack does not exceed 100kbps here (out of 1,8Mbps my ISP allows).

If I may be a little more picky with this request:

I am a completely newbie on the modding world (messing with files wise), so I will probably need an explanation very in depth, if you do not mind.

Thank you.

You can look in the Aslains_DLC_cache folder to find the .zip or .7z file with the compressed files for each mod.  If you just leave that in the Aslains_Custom _mods folder they will be installed.  You will not need to select the voice pack mod from Aslain's list.  You will, however, need to get the updated files if the mod author makes an update.

• Administrator
12 hours ago, HanzKrebs said:

I'd like to know what and where are the files for the Japanese voice pack so I am allowed to save them in a backup folder.

The reasoning is that I will not need to download them again for the next Aslain's or WoWS update. The download speed for the pack does not exceed 100kbps here (out of 1,8Mbps my ISP allows).

I am a completely newbie on the modding world (messing with files wise), so I will probably need an explanation very in depth, if you do not mind.

Thank you.

The installer will not redownload this file everytime, only when I update it or when you select to clean up dlc folder. So you don't have to do anything extra.

11 hours ago, Aslain said:

The installer will not redownload this file everytime, only when I update it or when you select to clean up dlc folder. So you don't have to do anything extra.

Yes, but it sounds like he chooses to clean the DLC folder frequently.  If one of his selected mods is updated, and he does not select "Clean DLC Folder", does the installer only download the one updated mod?

• Administrator
11 hours ago, BlueKQ said:

Yes, but it sounds like he chooses to clean the DLC folder frequently.  If one of his selected mods is updated, and he does not select "Clean DLC Folder", does the installer only download the one updated mod?

The installer will download new file, only if it's new installer, older installer doesn't know that there is a file update. I can however cheat the installer, and update the file remaining it's original older name, so if you clean up dlc folder, the older installer will download the file again, without knowing it's newer, but you will still get new mod in the end.

On 5/31/2016 at 9:20 PM, HanzKrebs said:

Thank you.

What everyone said above should work fine, also feel free to check out the download link and instructions on my thread for the voice pack here in the Fan Zone. Simply keep a copy of the download and follow the instructions each time and you should have no problems. That said, at some point WG may add new sounds or update existing ones, in which case those sounds will not play and you will need to update.