"removeVehicleLevel": true

Hi Aslain,

I remember that this topic came up over a half year ago, that the vehicle level is displayed while battle loading and in the statistic form on top of the tank icons. As far as I remember you wanted to disable the this by default because most contour icons already have that information... except for the original icons.

Since I do use your classic contour icons and I had to switch on the "removeVehicleLevel" parameter manually after every installation I just wanted to clear: do you have changed your mind not to hide the vehicle levels or is there is something going wrong during the installation?

Great work overall!

shot_230.jpg

15 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

The picture at the very top of the page:

No... this option does not affect the display on the battle loading screen and the statistic form (when you press the TAB key). In vanilla game there is no option for hiding the vehicle level in these screens, but XVM offers the parameter "removeVehicleLevel": true/false in battleLoading.xc and statisticForm.xc to control that. That's what my question is about.

Maybe there is an option in the installer to select that I still haven't noticed...

Edited by Frontcamper

The picture you showed, is showing you holding down Tab while in a battle. With the tier icons showing. To remove those, you need to visit WoT's settings, as in the FAQ thread. :)

(Edit: Or maybe not, lol... shrugs)

Anyways, 

I have "removeVehicleLevel" and "removeVehicleTypeIcon"

as true, in 3 files: battleLoading, battleLoadingTips, and statisticForm.

Edit 2:

vehicleLevel.png

Edited by Quaksen
Added picture of installer :)

Since this seems to be a common Problem that there even is a FAQ entry, why don't you guys just set

"vehicleLevelAlpha": 0,

for all Player Panels per default? I've got "show roman tier numbers on vehicle icons" disabled for a Long time, but they didn't disappear in the Players Panels...

That was my way of disabling the Vehicle Levels in the Players Panel since I didn't know about that config option, but thought that this something you guys messed up in the config.

Hello im having this problem and still dont know how to fix it. i dont have any of those pictured boxes ticket  i had some ticketed before but it doesn't seem to help. can someone spell out what im meant to do to get rid of these extra teir markers... thanks

shot_075.jpg

2 minutes ago, Ultrasonic2 said:

Hello im having this problem and still dont know how to fix it. i dont have any of those pictured boxes ticket  i had some ticketed before but it doesn't seem to help. can someone spell out what im meant to do to get rid of these extra teir markers... thanks

shot_075.jpg

Did you read the FAQ thread I linked to?

The top most picture shows the "Show vehicle level" checkbox in the World of Tanks settings, on the general tab. See if you have checked that option, if so, uncheck it.

It's not really just a bunch of random pictures.. it's pictures answering many of the common questions, such as removing that vehicle level icon that is a default thing in World of Tanks :)

And I did say "The top most picture", so yes, I am "hinting" at that.

On Samstag, 4. Juni 2016 at 8:57 PM, Quaksen said:

Edit 2:

vehicleLevel.png

This seemed to be a good hint for me, but it doesn't work... :-(

I tried it with a new installation, verified that this option is not set but the roman numbers are displayed as usual, because "removeVehicleLevel" is still set to "false" in all the three files (battleLoading, battleLoadingTips, and statisticForm) after the installation.

So, either this is the wrong option for removing the roman tier numbers in battleLoading and statisticForm OR this is the right option but it does not work like intended. Maybe this option has some hidden dependencies to other options, but I wasn't able to figure that out.

4 hours ago, Frontcamper said:

This seemed to be a good hint for me, but it doesn't work... :-(

I tried it with a new installation, verified that this option is not set but the roman numbers are displayed as usual, because "removeVehicleLevel" is still set to "false" in all the three files (battleLoading, battleLoadingTips, and statisticForm) after the installation.

So, either this is the wrong option for removing the roman tier numbers in battleLoading and statisticForm OR this is the right option but it does not work like intended. Maybe this option has some hidden dependencies to other options, but I wasn't able to figure that out.

contoursettings.png

21 hours ago, Quaksen said:

contoursettings.png

Ha ha... we start to go round in circles: that was your idea in your first answer. But still... that doesn't affect the battle loading and the statistic form. ;-)

No, I think the option "Show roman tier number on vehicle icons" makes sense, but I think there is a bug with it.

I have not chosen a special battle loading window or statistic form from the options underneath and maybe that's the reason why "Show roman tier number on vehicle icons" doesn't show any effect for me. I have no interests in XVM statistics so I want to keep the vanilla versions and have no reason to chose one of the alternative versions with player stats but I will test it next time when there is a reason to update the installer...

Hehe.. well, did you untick the "Show vehicle tier" in World of Tanks, or not? :)

And yeah we did go in a circle I guess :P

I don't have the tier icons showing, I'm not using "Show roman tier numbers on vehicle icons" and I am not using "Show vehicle tier" :)