No Mods Working As Intended

I appear to be having a rather serious issue with my mods. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Mod-installer several times, rebooted my computer, uninstalled and Reinstalled WoWs, and gone through pretty much every procedure I can think of to fix the issue. Despite these efforts, none of the mods I've installed seem to work at all. Everything worked fine a couple days ago, but when I decided to load the game up again today, nothing appears to be working despite the evidence that the selected mods have been installed.

Additionally, whenever I click "finish" on the installer, a part of the program remains running indefinitely and sits in my task bar. It's inaccessible and will only close if I end the task via task-manager. I'm not sure if this is related, but I don't recall it happening before. I have played a battle without mods installed, then attempted to reinstall the mods and reboot the game, but to no avail.

I can't seem to find " _Aslain_logs.zip " but I was able to find the CompList.log.

_Aslains_Installer_CompList.log

Sounds like something on your computer is preventing the installer from doing it's thing... an aggressive anti-virus program maybe?

How long have you waited after clicking Finish? When Finish is clicked, the last few things are being done, such as cleanup, and what not, also the log creation.

• Upvote 1

Three thoughts.. First get the updated ModPack and see if it still happens.  Aslain will not spend time on looking at fixing something if you are using a version older than the current one.  (I know, it may have been the current version when you posted this, but there is a newer one now.)

Secondly, you selected a "full package" that states it may conflict with previously selected mods, and in fact, you also selected two standanlone Kancolle mods and the Kancolle full package.  Try only selecting the Kancolle "full package" without any other mods to see if your install can finish properly.

Lastly, There was a bug with the installation of the "Blue Steel" full package a few mod versions ago and Aslain had to fix a bug.  There may be one in this full package as well.

• Upvote 1
On 6/7/2016 at 1:28 AM, Quaksen said:

Sounds like something on your computer is preventing the installer from doing it's thing... an aggressive anti-virus program maybe?

How long have you waited after clicking Finish? When Finish is clicked, the last few things are being done, such as cleanup, and what not, also the log creation.

It shouldn't be my virus program. Not only did my antivirus not affect my first mod install (in which all the downloaded mods worked), but I temporarily disabled my protection altogether before downloading the mods and it made little difference. The time I wait after clicking finish depends. It really shouldn't take an hour to finish the instillation and close the program. When I hover over the tab on my taskbar (running windows 10), the mod-preview tab is shown, but when I click on it, no window opens.

On 6/7/2016 at 0:40 PM, BlueKQ said:

Three thoughts.. First get the updated ModPack and see if it still happens.  Aslain will not spend time on looking at fixing something if you are using a version older than the current one.  (I know, it may have been the current version when you posted this, but there is a newer one now.)

Secondly, you selected a "full package" that states it may conflict with previously selected mods, and in fact, you also selected two standanlone Kancolle mods and the Kancolle full package.  Try only selecting the Kancolle "full package" without any other mods to see if your install can finish properly.

Lastly, There was a bug with the installation of the "Blue Steel" full package a few mod versions ago and Aslain had to fix a bug.  There may be one in this full package as well.

I updated the modpack today, but am still experiencing the same issue.

I did. It all worked together when I downloaded the mods initially. It wasn't until I waited a couple days before playing again that everything stopped working. That being said, I took your advice and tried to install just the package. Alas, the results were the same.

I went ahead and tried to download one of the smaller mods without installing the "full package" to see if that was the root of the problem, but there still seems to be no change.

Additionally, if it helps either of you help me, neither of the .log files that I'm supposed to attach to these posts seem to even exist. I've seen them in other posts on this board, but they don't appear in my WoWs folder at all.

1 minute ago, Tas said:

I did. It all worked together when I downloaded the mods initially. It wasn't until I waited a couple days before playing again that everything stopped working. That being said, I took your advice and tried to install just the package. Alas, the results were the same.

I went ahead and tried to download one of the smaller mods without installing the "full package" to see if that was the root of the problem, but there still seems to be no change.

In between each of these attempts, did you manually kill the running process in the Task Manager?

Just now, BlueKQ said:

In between each of these attempts, did you manually kill the running process in the Task Manager?

After waiting about an hour, yes. Would you suggest I wait even longer?

No. It should only take that long if you are downloading large mods and have a really slow Internet connection.

I just wanted to make sure you were not running the ModPack installer while the previous one was still running.

6 minutes ago, BlueKQ said:

No. It should only take that long if you are downloading large mods and have a really slow Internet connection.

I just wanted to make sure you were not running the ModPack installer while the previous one was still running.

I'll try running the game and mod installer as an admin and see if that makes a difference.

I have tried each of the three options you chose independently (one at a time) and received the same results as you.  The ModPack hangs after clicking on the Finish button.  The window disappears, but the processes are still running, the program icon still shows on the Windows task bar and the final log file and zip file are not created.

I noticed that all the mods you are trying to use are by the same author so there may be something related to how his put together.

I switched back to my mods and everything worked as normal.  I also tried a different "full package" where this same problem happened before "Blue Steel" and had the same problem of not completing the install process.

I am going to appeal to @Aslain for a higher level of support because I can't dig any deeper.

No zip files were created.  I only included the .inf file from the final test of Blue Steel, but the original log file posted by OP showed the other three options I tried separately. I used ver. .04 for my tests.

_Aslains_Installer_Options.inf

I downloaded and installed the mods manually and came upon the same issue, so I'm under the impression that this isn't something Aslain can fix. It appears to be a problem with the mods themselves, not Aslain's installer. My guess is that I'll have to contact the mod author.

• Administrator

Element of this batch script is failing for some reason:

@echo off

xcopy 0.3.1 0.5.6.1 /s /e /y
xcopy 0.4.0 0.5.6.1 /s /e /y
xcopy 0.4.1.1 0.5.6.1 /s /e /y
xcopy 0.5.0.0 0.5.6.1 /s /e /y
xcopy 0.5.0.1 0.5.6.1 /s /e /y
xcopy 0.5.0.2 0.5.6.1 /s /e /y
xcopy 0.5.1.0 0.5.6.1 /s /e /y
xcopy 0.5.1.1 0.5.6.1 /s /e /y
xcopy 0.5.1.2 0.5.6.1 /s /e /y
xcopy 0.5.1.2 0.5.6.1 /s /e /y
xcopy 0.5.1.4 0.5.6.1 /s /e /y
xcopy 0.5.2.1 0.5.6.1 /s /e /y
xcopy version 0.5.6.1 /s /e /y

rmdir 0.3.1 /S /Q
rmdir 0.4.0 /S /Q
rmdir 0.4.1.1 /S /Q
rmdir version /S /Q

Edit:

0 File(s) copied
File not found - 0.4.1.1
0 File(s) copied
File not found - 0.5.0.0
0 File(s) copied
File not found - 0.5.0.1
0 File(s) copied
File not found - 0.5.0.2
0 File(s) copied
File not found - 0.5.1.0
0 File(s) copied
File not found - 0.5.1.1
0 File(s) copied
File not found - 0.5.1.2
0 File(s) copied
File not found - 0.5.1.2
0 File(s) copied
File not found - 0.5.1.4
0 File(s) copied
File not found - 0.5.2.1
0 File(s) copied
Does 0.5.6.1 specify a file name
or directory name on the target
(F = file, D = directory)?

• 7 months later...

hello, i've the same problem since the two last updates of wows, after installation, the program continue running and take all my process/memory:bandwith :O i everytime launch the process as admin after put the installer in the wows file, what can i do? (it's not my internet connection, or my graphic memory (2gb) or my ram memory (8gb) not my antivirus (deactivated when i install a program) and not my drivers they are all at last update it seems to be a reccurent problem but it also seems to were no solution...

thanks in advance for your attention

PS: sorry for my poor english, i usually speak french lol