Request - Toggle for GambitER reload timer

Morning Aslain.

Firstly, as this is my first post, I wish to thank you for all the hard work you do to keep everything updated for us  - keep up the good work :) 

My Situation:

I currently use the GambitER damage panel (display of last hits received and by which ammo type.) and as the reload timer display is somewhat of a hot debate of whether it's allowed or not I disable the function in the 'timer.cfg' by turning 'enable' and 'animation' from 'true' to false'. Works with no issues.

My request:

Would it be possible to add a toggle below the check box for this mod to disable the reload timer? Similar to how I can disable player names. I know this may seem trivial but I use a few personally customized versions of mods ie.) my own radial menu commands and damage colours, so I'm finding myself editing more and more mods after each update (which can be every day at times) and I'm just curious if a toggle for this option is possible? 

Side note: Probably best for another request post, but I'd also like to see an option to backup custom radial menus and restore them after installing new mod pack versions rather than having to copy/paste it every update. ((I did see last update you added the radial menu editor though, haven't looked at it yet so sorry if that's a function already. Downloading pack now and looking at it.))

Thanks again :)

12 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

World of Tanks\Aslains_Custom_mods can be used for your "side note" :)

Same goes for the timer.cfg, until or if Aslain does not adds it to the installer.

oh...my...god...I didn't know this was an option. Thank you so much!

Just to clarify - I name them accordingly starting with 'Res_Mods/($file_directory)' zip and put in 'aslains_custom_mods' folder and select/install mods as usual?

eg) "res_mods\configs\DamageLog\timer.cfg" - Zip that file structure?

Edited by exarish
adding example

The dir structure inside the zip should be the path to the file(s), as in your example. The zip name itself could be "timer mod" or anything else.

Those custom mods are installed last, and overwrite anything else :-)

sorry to jump in  exarish but could u tell me where the  config file is for changing the radial menu please ?

on the reload timer  it can't be  illiegal as  u can have the knowledge of  enemys tank reload by yourself   .

also the timer only starts once u r hit by the tank  not when he has shot  and u have to take account for that . example    spg shoots u and hits  , reload marker says 10 secs , but  air time of shell was 2 seconds  so realistically  its 8 seconds

Just now, Quaksen said:

The dir structure inside the zip should be the path to the file(s), as in your example. The zip name itself could be "timer mod" or anything else.

That's Perfect! Thank you once again :)

1 minute ago, bubs79 said:

sorry to jump in  exarish but could u tell me where the  config file is for changing the radial menu please ?

on the reload timer  it can't be  illiegal as  u can have the knowledge of  enemys tank reload by yourself   .

also the timer only starts once u r hit by the tank  not when he has shot  and u have to take account for that . example    spg shoots u and hits  , reload marker says 10 secs , but  air

"C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\0.9.15\scripts\client\gui\scaleform\daapi\view\battle"

- I use notepad++ to edit

I didn't think of it that way tbh. Thanks for insight :) 

36 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

Worked perfectly 1st time - Thank you so much - such a time saver ;D

-SOLVED

Feel free to close/lock thread. (if you guys do that)

5 minutes ago, bubs79 said:

thanks , hmmm ive tried changing some words but  the change didn't work in the game  , hmm strange

didn't see reply, sorry.  - are you using notepad++ and saving doc after edit?

9 minutes ago, exarish said:

Worked perfectly 1st time - Thank you so much - such a time saver ;D

-SOLVED

Feel free to close/lock thread. (if you guys do that)

didn't see reply, sorry.  - are you using notepad++ and saving doc after edit?

yeh   to both questions ...   don't understand it though  as after trying in game  , I go back into file  and the changes r still there but not happening in the gae

Just tested my menu with your wording. Worked fine.

That is the section for when your highlighted over enemy tanks though, could that be the problem maybe?

The normal radial menu when just pressing 'Z' key is under the 'common commands' section. (lines 43-87)

This is what I used:

<Command>
        <Title>Say Hello!</Title>
        <Icon>Turnback</Icon>
        <Text> Say hello to my little friend!! %(name)s!</Text>
        <ChatMode>All</ChatMode>
      </Command>

Edited by exarish
added exampel
31 minutes ago, exarish said:

Just tested my menu with your wording. Worked fine.

That is the section for when your highlighted over enemy tanks though, could that be the problem maybe?

The normal radial menu when just pressing 'Z' key is under the 'common commands' section. (lines 43-87)

This is what I used:

<Command>
        <Title>Say Hello!</Title>
        <Icon>Turnback</Icon>
        <Text> Say hello to my little friend!! %(name)s!</Text>
        <ChatMode>All</ChatMode>
      </Command>

I got it working , it doesn't work in arty mode . thanks for help anyway

1 hour ago, bubs79 said:

I got it working , it doesn't work in arty mode . thanks for help anyway

Artillery has it's own sub-section too.

You can set custom radial menu's for global, highlighting ally/enemy, individual tank classes, maps or even a specific tank itself.

Just look for the <SPGMenu> tags (line 275+ for me) then copy your command in there. I believe the commands work round clockwise as you go down the text file list positions. Depending what location on the radial menu you want it.  

Notepad++ allows you to collapse menu's, might help to locate the different tags you can use easier.

Edited by exarish
edit

See Quaksen's posts on this thread, he helped me set up a way to fix that.

Info here and the readme file located in  'Aslains_Custom_Mods' folder inside WoT path should explain it, but I can explain in more detail of needed. It's very easy to do.

Sure,

What you want to do is;

Re-create the file location that your custom file is located, (beginning with the 'res_mods' folder in WoT path) zip it up and place it into Aslains custom mods folder which does the rest for us :)

First we need to locate the file - Search the WoT directory for the file you want: 'radialmenu.xml' go to properties and copy/paste it's location into a text document for easy access later.

In my case the file is located here: C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\0.9.15\scripts\client\gui\scaleform\daapi\view\battle\'radialmenu.xml'

• Create new folders inside each other naming the as you go along until the structure is duplicated (beginning with 'res_mods')

• It should look like this: res_mods > 0.9.15 > scripts > client > gui > scaleform > daapi > view > battle 

• Place your custom 'radialmenu.xml' file in the last folder (battle

• Zip it up using a compression tool - Naming it anything memorable (I used WinRar - but make sure to put it into .zip/.7z format as only those will work.) 

• Place the named .zip into 'Aslains_Custom_Mods' folder in your WoT directory. (C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\Aslains_Custom_mods - in my case)

• Install Mods as normal and the installer will automatically add your custom files at end of installation 

The same process works for other mods too just with their respective files/folder structures.

N.B. One thing to remember though (not so much in the case of radial menu as it's just a text doc customize) but for other mods, if you edit files and use this method, your mods may become outdated eventually as your custom files will always overwrite the newer versions. Might be best to re-make every once and again to stay updated (or when you see your custom mod has been updated backup/copy/paste text/edits into the newer version and copy paste over your old one.) 

But this means you don't have to update every Aslains pack that doesn't update your choice of mods :)

Edited by exarish
edit
  • Upvote 2

woot woot  I did it first time I took a risk and did 2 mods at same time   .

made a res mod  put the folder  lines of  each mod   into it then sent the res mod file into zip , placed it into aslains custom mod file , ran installation , ran game and custom mods working fine

this going to save me a lot of time after  installing new mod pack lol  not having to go into each mod to re configure all the time ..

thanks so much for your help

45 minutes ago, Grandorf said:

@exarish

Very nice posts and explaining.

You took clearness and good explaining to a whole new level. 

Please stick around and help out. 

yes    I commend him for  info in detail he put out there to help me out . a nice clean  instructions always helps  especially me with hardly any info about modifying files etc

1 hour ago, bubs79 said:

yes    I commend him for  info in detail he put out there to help me out . a nice clean  instructions always helps  especially me with hardly any info about modifying files etc

There are alot of excellent dudes hanging out in this forum, helping each other. 

Thats the point of forums. Aslain can then concentrate on the modpack.

5 hours ago, Grandorf said:

There are alot of excellent dudes hanging out in this forum, helping each other. 

Thats the point of forums. Aslain can then concentrate on the modpack.

yeh very true if we have guys  that help out , then it gives more time for aslain to concentrate on updates etc . hopefully once I learn enough I can help others out too , which ive done a couple of times

20 hours ago, bubs79 said:

woot woot  I did it first time I took a risk and did 2 mods at same time   .

made a res mod  put the folder  lines of  each mod   into it then sent the res mod file into zip , placed it into aslains custom mod file , ran installation , ran game and custom mods working fine

this going to save me a lot of time after  installing new mod pack lol  not having to go into each mod to re configure all the time ..

thanks so much for your help

Glad you got it working and you're very welcome.

Thanks guys :)

54 minutes ago, exarish said:

Glad you got it working and you're very welcome.

Thanks guys :)

just a query if I run a fresh install using the clean install and  dlc clean  selection will the custom mod file get delete or will it still be there?

6 minutes ago, bubs79 said:

just a query if I run a fresh install using the clean install and  dlc clean  selection will the custom mod file get delete or will it still be there?

Custom mods folder doesn't get cleaned out.

Clean install wipes the res_mods folder.

DLC cleaning wipes the Aslains_DLC_cache folder.

:)

1 hour ago, Quaksen said:

Custom mods folder doesn't get cleaned out.

Clean install wipes the res_mods folder.

DLC cleaning wipes the Aslains_DLC_cache folder.

:)

thanks  I wasn't 100% sure

Yes but, as there was an update to Wot yesterday making the game into 0.9.15.0.1

So in the case of the radial menu, you need to change the file structure in your custom mod folder from 0.9.15 to 0.9.15.0.1 and will work again. Same applies to any other mods that use(d) the 0.9.15 structure.

You can edit the name of the folders without unzipping, simply edit them in the Aslains_custom_mods folder.

23 hours ago, exarish said:

Yes but, as there was an update to Wot yesterday making the game into 0.9.15.0.1

So in the case of the radial menu, you need to change the file structure in your custom mod folder from 0.9.15 to 0.9.15.0.1 and will work again. Same applies to any other mods that use(d) the 0.9.15 structure.

You can edit the name of the folders without unzipping, simply edit them in the Aslains_custom_mods folder.

yeh that was the first thing  I did as I knew from  when it went from 9.14 to 9.14.1   I  changed the folder name to get mods to work