Jump to content
elementofprgress

[0.9.15.0.1] MeltyElement's Effective Armor & Crosshair Mod

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Pratt said:

pls change reload time format from integer to real, with decimals 

if you mean real reload times that would make it illegal on other servers 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Aslain said:

 

I've got similar errors in logs. Both logs in spg

 

https://bpaste.net/show/f154e724829c
https://bpaste.net/show/82f71472bbb4

 

Also logs are mentioning 2.03b, isn't it suppose to be 2.04b?

 

I have enabled debug in config, but it doesn't seem to log any extra stuff.

 

Yup, forgot to check aim mode before letting the hotkey go through. Simple fix, gonna play a round or two to make sure and upload the fix.

 

Yes, it was supposed to be 2.0b4 but I must have left it as 2.0b3 because I was testing a version check that didn't make the build, but will be included in the coming upload.

 

The debug is limited a bit because the actual debug I use is a bit....intense. Enough so to where it can really hurt FPS and the majority of it is information printed out that is irrelevant to the end user. As I go I work the debugs towards error reporting and other actual useful information. Right now the debug mode mostly reports on what information is going to be used for calculating the effective armor, puts and indicator on the armor panel it self when a tank is missing arc data, and fatal exceptions that are handled.

 

6 hours ago, Pratt said:

pls change reload time format from integer to real, with decimals 

 

3 hours ago, Beals said:

if you mean real reload times that would make it illegal on other servers 

 

I believe he is talking about YOUR reload time in the arcade and sniper mode. Like how the reload time is down to the decimal in strategic mode.

 

 I worry that having a none stop count down in sniper/arcade mode might be....jarring. I will look into it and see what it is like. The way the reload time flashes is built into the sights fairly deep but I have a few ideas that might make a configurable option a possibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, elementofprgress said:

I believe he is talking about YOUR reload time in the arcade and sniper mode. Like how the reload time is down to the decimal in strategic mode.

absolutely correct

ty

 

4 hours ago, elementofprgress said:

The way the reload time flashes is built into the sights fairly deep but I have a few ideas that might make a configurable option a possibility.

 

this thing about i write is realised in Crosshair "Mjölnir", here's cource files http://wwiihwa.dd3-pics.eu/index.php?action=list&dir=Mods%2F[source]+KT+Crosshairs&order=name&srt=no

 

MjolnirSettings.xml

ARCADE SCOPE

<LiveTimerRound>1</LiveTimerRound>            <!-- Round after .(dot) for live timer 1 = no dot, 10 = 1, 100 = 2. tags: 1, 10, 100, ... -->

 

if it will help, I'll be happy:blush:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what happened to the big penetration marker that was at bottom right of crosshair?

it use to work , has it been removed?

 

 

 

Edited by bubs79

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im a pain in the arse but  is there a way to make the black circle in the middle of cross hair  smaller??  if so can u direct me to where it is and what i need to change

Edited by bubs79

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2016 at 2:18 AM, bubs79 said:

what happened to the big penetration marker that was at bottom right of crosshair?

it use to work , has it been removed?

Not sure what pen marker your talking about? The markers that say the pen values? If so, they are disabled by default and can be enabled in the ElementCrosshairSettings.xml

 

On 6/30/2016 at 7:47 PM, bubs79 said:

im a pain in the arse but  is there a way to make the black circle in the middle of cross hair  smaller??  if so can u direct me to where it is and what i need to change

 

Your not a pain lol.

There isn't currently a way to change the size, but that is a good idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎05‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 10:00 PM, elementofprgress said:

Not sure what pen marker your talking about? The markers that say the pen values? If so, they are disabled by default and can be enabled in the ElementCrosshairSettings.xml

 

 

Your not a pain lol.

There isn't currently a way to change the size, but that is a good idea.

ill explain the pen marker  , when u highlight a tank (aim at) u get  a line from centre of crosshair  and goes diagonally to bottom right of screen   just to the left of minimap and shows u the penetration  values  in different colours,   it worked  a couple of weeks ago but since disappeared after your update .

 

yeh please if u could enable  circle size edit, I find it very hard to lock aim on tanks from a  far distance distance 

 

thanks in advance , keep up good  work on this crosshair , one of the best ive seen if not the best

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bubs79 said:

ill explain the pen marker  , when u highlight a tank (aim at) u get  a line from centre of crosshair  and goes diagonally to bottom right of screen   just to the left of minimap and shows u the penetration  values  in different colours,   it worked  a couple of weeks ago but since disappeared after your update .

 

yeh please if u could enable  circle size edit, I find it very hard to lock aim on tanks from a  far distance distance 

 

thanks in advance , keep up good  work on this crosshair , one of the best ive seen if not the best

 

Thank you!

Are you talking about this marker?

73ae765a86560f48b2bb930315b12dd5.png

 

If so, its GunMarker: Aimpoint I (with armor Penetration indicator) . Was it not under that name in the previous build? I'm still not fully satisfied with the gun markers and center markers so I fiddle with them a lot so moves like that can easily slip past me and never make into documentation/change log.

 

The next build will have some scaling options. I also just got my version of advance auto aim working, it will make locking on to tanks that are far away, moving quickly, or behind/partially behind cover much easier. It is really silly how pin point accurate you have to be on a tank to engage auto aim without mods.

 

If you have any suggestions for center/gun markers let me know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, elementofprgress said:

 

Thank you!

Are you talking about this marker?

73ae765a86560f48b2bb930315b12dd5.png

 

If so, its GunMarker: Aimpoint I (with armor Penetration indicator) . Was it not under that name in the previous build? I'm still not fully satisfied with the gun markers and center markers so I fiddle with them a lot so moves like that can easily slip past me and never make into documentation/change log.

 

The next build will have some scaling options. I also just got my version of advance auto aim working, it will make locking on to tanks that are far away, moving quickly, or behind/partially behind cover much easier. It is really silly how pin point accurate you have to be on a tank to engage auto aim without mods.

 

If you have any suggestions for center/gun markers let me know.

nah thats not it  wish i had a screenshot of it though , it was there before u did the update last week , its defo not another mod as  it only came on  when i added this  mod

 

im gonna atemtpt to try draw it myself lol wish me luck lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, bubs79 said:

nah thats not it  wish i had a screenshot of it though , it was there before u did the update last week , its defo not another mod as  it only came on  when i added this  mod

 

im gonna atemtpt to try draw it myself lol wish me luck lol

 

I went back and looked at some old copies. you must be talking about this?

8986e2e8cf61fbc3e01ba895a56f0af0.png

 

IIRC I did remove it from the most recent build. Mostly because it wasn't functioning fully and I'm not 100% sure where the source was from and I wanna give credit where credit is due you know? I also didn't know that it was something that people/anyone perticurly liked.  Maybe I should just redesign something similar same idea but .... "melty-fy" it so it fits with the design of the sights more and replace one that I just realized servers mp purpose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, elementofprgress said:

 

I went back and looked at some old copies. you must be talking about this?

8986e2e8cf61fbc3e01ba895a56f0af0.png

 

IIRC I did remove it from the most recent build. Mostly because it wasn't functioning fully and I'm not 100% sure where the source was from and I wanna give credit where credit is due you know? I also didn't know that it was something that people/anyone perticurly liked.  Maybe I should just redesign something similar same idea but .... "melty-fy" it so it fits with the design of the sights more and replace one that I just realized servers mp purpose.

thats excactly it   i actually found it better  as the colours didnt get in way of aim circle if u knw what i mean.

im not sure where it was sourced as its the first time id seen it when  i first used this crosshair

 

 

Edited by bubs79

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tanks.gg does present armor angles and you can get it to display the angles when the model is situated at 90degrees. But this begs the question -- where does Tanks.gg get its data?

I think the real tank data with ALL armor info is in the games tank models themselves. The old tank code would read the model data and present it. Even Smelly Rivers's code reads the current model data and builds the tank models. It seems to me the task here is to figure out/have someone divulge the method of reading the model data then automatically filling in the armor arcx details.

Wish I were that smart to be able to figure it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2016 at 5:28 PM, kupjones said:

Tanks.gg does present armor angles and you can get it to display the angles when the model is situated at 90degrees. But this begs the question -- where does Tanks.gg get its data?

I think the real tank data with ALL armor info is in the games tank models themselves. The old tank code would read the model data and present it. Even Smelly Rivers's code reads the current model data and builds the tank models. It seems to me the task here is to figure out/have someone divulge the method of reading the model data then automatically filling in the armor arcx details.

Wish I were that smart to be able to figure it out.

 

I did figure something out. The way that stickers are applied to tanks is via collision detection which I  would think would return an angle of some kinda though the whole thing is slightly beyond me ... for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2016 at 7:15 AM, Pratt said:

Hey Ya! any news from new patch ?

The sights are gonna take a while unless I do some really ghetto things to get partly working sights. In the mean time I might quickly put something together that displays some information like the aim time, aiming distance, etc. Just a day or two before the patch I wrote a new pen calculation that can gather a rough average of the targets armor within your dispersion instead of the armor that is pin accurate dead center. So, I wanna find a way to work that in.

 

Most things seem to be working after a few tweaks. Armor panel, pitch panel(new), relative height targeting in strategic mode, strategic sniper(new), my take on a "ballistic calculator" mod(marker/aim correction when aiming at the tops of hills/sky),  a quick lil' lobby mod so you can right click someone's name open up their WoTLabs page.(new) Not tested yet but should work x-ray and/or expanded bounding box auto aim locking, x-ray target radial menu, TD sniper mode auto rotation(all new) 

 

The crosshairs were kinda the core of the mod in features and in code, so once I rework the config files and mod structure for its temporary absence I'll start putting some stuff up :D

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can't wait for the cross hair to be working again , I'm using another just now and it just isn't the same as this one , miss it so much lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bubs79 said:

can't wait for the cross hair to be working again , I'm using another just now and it just isn't the same as this one , miss it so much lol

 

I feel your pain. I can deal with/fine with most stock things in WoT. However the stock crosshairs along with a few other things drive me up a wall so much that I can only play a round or two at a time. Actually those few things drive me so nuts...its started this whole project lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, elementofprgress said:

 

I feel your pain. I can deal with/fine with most stock things in WoT. However the stock crosshairs along with a few other things drive me up a wall so much that I can only play a round or two at a time. Actually those few things drive me so nuts...its started this whole project lol

yeh its  like ive tried every crosshair and then yours came out and it was like try and  never go back to others

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this mod going to be kept up-to-date? Would be great to have this mod working properly again. It's been so long since I've used it, since it broke. I miss it. Thanks.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/07/2016 at 7:00 PM, elementofprgress said:

 

I feel your pain. I can deal with/fine with most stock things in WoT. However the stock crosshairs along with a few other things drive me up a wall so much that I can only play a round or two at a time. Actually those few things drive me so nuts...its started this whole project lol

 

Have you started doing anything or we can forget it? Just asking, no preassure :)

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2016 at 6:54 AM, Aslain said:

 

Have you started doing anything or we can forget it? Just asking, no preassure :)

 

Nah nah, I have a working version of the armor panel, a new pitch panel, and the stuff like sniper arty and relative height in arty. I was hoping more would be happening with crosshair mods by now so I could take them apart and learn whats going on. Right before the patch I was working on repackaging and organizing the mod. Splitting it up into multiple files in folders, custom logging functions logging to their own files, and things like that. Instead of one or two HUGE files that are a pain to work in. With out the sights that whole idea is kinda pointless. I'll have what I got uploaded in a day or two.

 

All the nice extra info the sights provided will eventually be put into some sorta mod to display them. Their is no ETA on that however.

 

There might come a time, possibly soon that I will have to drop the mod due to time constraints. However if and when that time comes every single line of source code and flash projects will be released.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Following the thread.  Can't wait for it to return, been a fan of this sight for years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, snowdude21325 said:

I really like this crosshair, and didn't know if you could add it to the modpack. Here is the link to his website http://worldof-tanks.com/meltymap-s-mathmod/ 

 

Thanks for all you do, love the modpack

 

No point for old links, we need total rework of this mod for 9.15.1.1. Read few recent posts on this topic.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×