Alternate Running Lights colors

coRpSE

Some of you may be like me and my guys that use the running lights mod, but found the colors to be a bit confusing.

By default, the colors are as follows:

FORWARD 
STOP 
REVERSE 

To help us, I changed the colors a bit. I am sure that some of you may don't know much about hex color codes, so I just made the edits to the one file and put it out there.

The new running lights color selection is as follows:

FORWARD 
STOP 
REVERSE

To use the alt colors is simple, just install Aslains mod pack and make sure running lights are being installed. Once installed, you will need to open up:
C:\Games\World_of_Warships\res_mods\0.5.x.x\gui\

In there you will see a file called "running_lights.xml". Delete it and open up the .rar file you got from here and replace the file from the rar into the same location. Do not overwrite, just delete the original that is there and replace. I hope this helps others.

Note:

This will need to be done every time you update Aslains mod pack.

Another Note:

I am taking 0 credit for the mod. I did not develop it, all I did was a very simple change to the color code inside the original XML.

Download the attachment here:

alt_running_lights.rar

Edited by coRpSE
Highlighted where to download.
  • Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Aslain said:

Much better now, the original mod colors are confusing.

Thanks, and I agree. That is why I changed it. ;) 

I did this a month+ ago, and figured others would like it. I went with Purple to make it different from anything you would possibly associate with another movement. That is why I got rid of Yellow, since most places Yellow means caution or slow.

Edited by coRpSE