for use on a Mac

Hi Aslain,

I see you Modpack used by Bolagnaise on WoT's a lot on his twitch stream and like the look and ease he uses your modpack.  I have downloaded the pack from your suggested sites and it is packed in a .exe format is there a way you can just make the  patch folder, configs and mods folders available for download in a zip file for us Mac users? 

We all now use in world of tanks and world of warships the mac wrapper which allows us to play world of tanks and warships with out running wine or parallels, which are windows simulators of sorts. So there is no need to convert the script the files are written in to mac format we can just use it as it is but no need for the installer .exe file 

So if you can just create a zip file of just the patch folder 0.9.15.0.1,  or what ever it is, configs folder, and mods folder  we can just download that and then extract and paste into our world of tanks res_mods folder and voulah!!!!! we have your modpack

Edited by moyzie
  • Upvote 1
  • Administrator

Hello,

This is a common request from Mac users to make a separate installer. Unfortunately I don't own a Mac, I also doubt I could have time doing two modpacks for different operating systems. Also I would have to learn how Mac works, and what not related to it, it's a hard task if you ask :(

thank you for the reply Aslain,

You don't have to learn how the mac works or learn mac language you just need to put the mod pack up un packed. as in not inside a .exe file. 

This is a common mis-conception that you need to learn mac language for wargaming.net games. Because the mac can use windows files but just not in a .exe package, the individual

folders/files can be used because of a program that mac's use to read windows files.

Macs can use nearly all windows files and  with out any special programs, apps  or modifications, unfortunately it is not so for windows PC's, if we mac users want to really go windows we can use a parallels, virtual machine or wine (windows emulators) to run games and programmes but those over time can over heat your mac and eventually damage your processor. There is now a thing called wrappers that allow us mac users to run games on our macs with out any modification to the game files at all regardless on what language they were written in. 

I will look for a unpacker app if I can find one I would really like to use your mod. 

Moyzie.

• 1 month later...

Hey Aslain, 

I found a remedy to my problem here, I can use the mod through a program called "Wine Bottler" it is very simple to use and it is a free program that allows the installation of your mod pack through your Mod.exe file. if you want to post some thing on your site here for other Mac users that want to use you modpack I will link the site and a small install brief below 

download the wine bottler app from this link and install the dmg file 

http://winebottler.kronenberg.org

step 1

download you mod as per normal and people can find it is in their downloads folder in finder then they need to right click it as in pic "asliains modpack install 1.png" 

aslains modpack install 1.png

step 2

They then need to select the open with and then select wine(ver...)  see "aslains modpack install 2.png 

aslains mod pack install 2.png

step 3 

they need to click the run directly in and use the drop down menu in the wine window select " users/......../Wine Files " and then click GO. see "Aslains modpack 3.png"

aslains modpack 3.png

Step 4

When they open your installer they do need to select the folder that world of tanks is in because windows default location is not the same as mac os. Which is usually  in finder/documents. 

thats it it will run your mod pack as you have designed it to and it will install the mod perfectly 

Edited by moyzie
adjusting picture positions
  • Upvote 1
  • Aslain pinned this topic
  • Aslain unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Crappy_1 said:

Hello! I am stuck at locations in the installation, which folder should I choose? and how?

Hi Crappy_1 So your location should be 

Z:\Users\username\documents\WoT  

The username is in the finder next to the home icon 

59491034ae0db_ScreenShot2017-06-20at9_37_38pm.png.7fe5d75fd849d317ed38e5a6b3a9c87b.png username 

Hope that helps 

Yes it doesn't show for some reason, you need to put the full address in unfortunately So click finder down the bottom left of your screen it opens up and shows you.

5949b29c4b876_finderusername.thumb.png.c8e063dd0fa5811eb72f804ed54352b0.png

now you have your username put that in to the location address in aslains installer as the picture below shows you you need to type the full address it won't find it with a browse unfortunately. NO spaces 

5949b19868686_ScreenShot2017-06-21at9_03_48am.thumb.png.28a72aef13b9fcd334e36989f6309c8e.png

ignore image below please remove Aslain. 

finder username .png

Edited by moyzie
edit personal info out of picture

oh I don't think that will work Crappy that is the wine folder and not the game folder. 

The mod should be in the game folder which is is in

Z:\Users\franco\documents\WoT 

that should be the location you install the modpack to, not the wine folder in application support.  

added 2 minutes later

ignore the image in this post  it was a mistake and I cannot remove images for some reason 

finder username .png

Edited by moyzie