Some mods not working after update to WOWS 0.5.8.0

WOWS patch 0.5.8.0 is scheduled to be released on the NA servers early morning on July 6th.  It will not be released on the EU servers until the following day.  It is unlikely that @Aslain will have an opportunity to make the ModPack function with the new release until some time after it is released on the EU server so please be patient for a day or two.

Some of the effects of the more popular mods are being incorporated into the game client which means the graphical HUD will change. Many of the mods will need to be updated by the mod authors before they will work properly.  Some of the mod authors will promptly updated their mods, but others will not.  You can help us identify which mods are causing problems by including the _Aslain_logs.zip file with any problem reports and by adding your mods one at a time until you find the one that causes the problem.  You logs will help me give you a starting place as to which mods are causing your problem.  See this post for instructions.

• Upvote 1
  • Aslain pinned this topic
  • Administrator
4 minutes ago, RacerDemon said:

There...maybe you can fix it....

_Aslain_logs.zip

Mods sharing hud_lib.swf file
         Detection mod by BlueMan

If you read the topic you would know to not install hud_lib mod, the same is in the installer logs. I cannot fix it, I don't know why this happens.... WG...

12 minutes ago, Aslain said:

Mods sharing hud_lib.swf file
         Detection mod by BlueMan

If you read the topic you would know to not install hud_lib mod, the same is in the installer logs. I cannot fix it, I don't know why this happens.... WG...

Actually its all working now, i just selected an different ship icons mod. Your aslain ship icon mod doesnt like Blueman....

Edited by RacerDemon
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, RacerDemon said:

Actually its all working now, i just selected an different ship icons mod. Your aslain ship icon mod doesnt like Blueman....

Yeah I know about it, that's why I am advising to not use hud_lib mods with the PP in case of problems, but you can also not use Player Panels if you want to kee hud_libs.

7 hours ago, Aslain said:

Yeah I know about it, that's why I am advising to not use hud_lib mods with the PP in case of problems, but you can also not use Player Panels if you want to kee hud_libs.

But it does work, as long as I dont select your addon...

• Administrator
16 hours ago, RacerDemon said:

But it does work, as long as I dont select your addon...

What do you mean by my addon?

I explained eveything. Missing PP = hud_lib mod. To solve select different PP mod or uninstall hud_lib mod.

8 hours ago, Aslain said:

What do you mean by my addon?

I explained eveything. Missing PP = hud_lib mod. To solve select different PP mod or uninstall hud_lib mod.

Everything works now except cross-hairs. NO matter which one i select, it results back to the game default, any idea why? 

3 minutes ago, RacerDemon said:

Everything works now except cross-hairs. NO matter which one i select, it results back to the game default, any idea why? 

After installing a crosshair, did you go into the WoWs settings, and where you can select crosshair, and pick the proper one there?

3 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

After installing a crosshair, did you go into the WoWs settings, and where you can select crosshair, and pick the proper one there?

The ones there are nothing like the ones in the mod back, just colors or variations of the default white one...or am I doing something wrong? 

**Update, I figured it out, Thanks!**

Edited by RacerDemon
1 minute ago, RacerDemon said:

The ones there are nothing like the ones in the mod back, just colors or variations of the default white one...or am I doing something wrong? 

My installer is a few versions old, but I'll give an example from it anyways :)

MajorRenegade's Rainbow Crosshair v1, for example, has this in the description:

"To use, go to game options - controls and select Type 1 crosshair"

• Aslain unpinned this topic