Critical Error

Have  you tried launching the game in "safe mode" to prevent the game from loading the mods? You can access that mode from the launcher by clicking on the arrow next to the "Play" button in the WOWS launcher. If you still have problems, you can access an integrity checker from the settings menu of the WOWS launcher to verify file integrity.

Although this is not known to cause your specific problem, tou are also loading known conflicting mods with the Swordfish icons with HP bars and the Detection Mod by BlueMan which uses the hud_lib.swf file. You can use one, but not both yet.  Details are still being worked out since the update to 0.5.8.0 and now 0.5.8.1.

4 minutes ago, BlueKQ said:

Have  you tried launching the game in "safe mode" to prevent the game from loading the mods? You can access that mode from the launcher by clicking on the arrow next to the "Play" button in the WOWS launcher. If you still have problems, you can access an integrity checker from the settings menu of the WOWS launcher to verify file integrity.

Although this is not known to cause your specific problem, tou are also loading known conflicting mods with the Swordfish icons with HP bars and the Detection Mod by BlueMan which uses the hud_lib.swf file. You can use one, but not both yet.  Details are still being worked out since the update to 0.5.8.0 and now 0.5.8.1.

Yes everything works in Safe mode, just not when mods are selected.... 

Okay got it working.. with some help from the aslains post on the warships forums.

1. Completely uninstall the modpack(using control panel uninstall programs in windows)

2. Run the file checker again(apperently its an issue with smoke circles and the files it modifies)

3. install modpack again(do NOT install zoom-out mods, smoke circles, or aslain player panels) Also note these are just mods people have posted confirming they do not work.. there might be more.(clear view and fog remover do work according to the WS post) 

These are the mods I have installed and the game starts up and I can log in.. I have NOT played a game yet as of this post.

Running lights

More visible Torps(blue)

Colored Tracers(butter)

Crosshair by Nappel

More visible cruiser control(this mod has not worked in near a month FYI doesnt cause issues.. just does not work)

clear view

fog remover

Because it takes work to add and remove the items from the ModPack. Those are popular mods so they usually get updated quickly so Aslain could remove it, just to add it back in the next day.

Also, Aslain was headed for bed when the patch was released on the NA servers so instead of just making all of us wait a day with a ModPack that would not install any mods, he stayed up and gave us basic functionality.  

You're welcome for the free resource and free support. 

• Upvote 1

It is also hard to tell if a mod is broke unless it is actually tested on a new patch.. He could just wait until all the mod makers update their mods and then release a big one making us wait for the new pack. But since not all mods get broken when a new patch comes out.. He just makes a few changes and pretty much lets the people who use it bug test the mods included. I bet tomorrow a bunch will be removed.. and some added.. Another zoom-out mod was updated already.. so chances are it'll be in tomorrows mod pack.

13 minutes ago, BlueKQ said:

Because it takes work to add and remove the items from the ModPack. Those are popular mods so they usually get updated quickly so Aslain could remove it, just to add it back in the next day.

Also, Aslain was headed for bed when the patch was released on the NA servers so instead of just making all of us wait a day with a ModPack that would not install any mods, he stayed up and gave us basic functionality.  

You're welcome for the free resource and free support. 

It has nothing to do with "being free" or shit....its about about you talking to people like they are stupid when they are reporting broken mods....if you dont want people to report them, dont have them in the modpack....dont get me wrong, I appreciate all of Aslains work, just dont appreciate condescending ass-hats like yourself....

I am helpful and answer questions all day long including the same questions over and over again. In fact.. the problem you encountered was already reported and answered. I was only condescending to you when you put your snide comment of:

2 hours ago, RacerDemon said:

No and No, cause i figured it out on my own lol 

And:

21 minutes ago, RacerDemon said:

Ok thats fine...then why include it in the mod pack if its broken?

You can look at my community rating and your community rating to figure out who is more helpful in these forums.  I try to answer questions without expecting someone to be a computer wizard because I don't know their knowledge level.  If you feel demeaned, sorry about that.

You came to a community site, dropped a one liner description of a problem, then didn't share your fix until prompted.  That is not how community supported software development works.

• Upvote 2

I also have this problem.  What I know so far.

Deleting 0.5.8.1 folder does not fix it.  Reinstalling and running without mods did fix it.   Rerunning Aslains caused the problem again.  I am now running the game check to see if that will fix it

Edit - Game integrity check, and no mods after that, did fix it.  I think I will skip Aslains until we know what is causing it As I have spent over two hours on this already.

_Aslain_logs.zip

Edited by FullTank

v5.8.1.00 (12-07-2016) [don't install if your server was not updated to 0.5.8.1 !!!]
- initial/test version for WoWs 0.5.8.1 [might be buggy, unstable etc.]. 

Is this what you are referring to, as I read your change logs every time, and have now read them twice over?  Or are you referring to Hud_lib conflicts?  As I have had Hud_Lib conflicts before without it corrupting the game and causing a critical error.

And I didn't think buggy/unstable meant might corrupt the core game.  But that aside, has it been fixed, or how can I avoid corrupting my game again?

He is referring to the release notes on the download page.  Click on the "spoilers/hidden content' button directly below the "Changelog" text.  For example: "remainder: all hp bars mods for Player's Panel conflicting with all hud_lib  - don't install them together" There are also warning notes for less than perfect mods like the smoke boundaries mod that reminds you that it is less than stable.

The corruption after this patch was caused by the smoke circle boundaries mod.  It is known that it is not stable, but many people including me have been using it without problems.  After this patch, it corrupted files in a manner that prevented the game from starting.  It has been removed from the ModPack and is no longer able to be installed.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for telling me it is Smoke Circles causing it.  I didn't know it installed outside of res_mods.  Also, unless it says so, I don't know which mods use hud_lib.

Prior to 8.5.1, I had also used smoke circles without issues.  Good thing it will be part of the game in 5.9.

Thanks for your help.

• Administrator
9 hours ago, FullTank said:

Thanks for telling me it is Smoke Circles causing it.  I didn't know it installed outside of res_mods.  Also, unless it says so, I don't know which mods use hud_lib.

Prior to 8.5.1, I had also used smoke circles without issues.  Good thing it will be part of the game in 5.9.

Thanks for your help.

Mods using hud_lib are marked in the installer, also the full packages section is marked that may cause conflicts.

This is not my fault that WoWs modding is like this, blame WG and modders why they did make their mods like this. :)

qbDbAVm.jpg

bxAvMsp.jpg

• Upvote 1