Chinese Dragon port and star wars voice mods don't work

On 7/15/2016 at 3:23 AM, Aslain said:

Have you tried recommended step or you just added logs? I will check it after you try it, waiting now...

I tried the recommended steps, otherwise I'd be wasting your time and I'm just trying to help get these mods figured out.  

Ok so I also just also did a complete uninstall of the mod pack and then after making sure that the game did an integrity scan and played the game without mods, then exited the game. Then I reinstalled the mod pack and just selected the Chinese Dragon port and went to install, while downloading the port it got to about 20MB downloaded out of 113.03MB and it finished up the "installation" like it has just automatically downloaded the rest in a split second, I did another integrity scan after installing the mod and got in the game, low and behold the port wasn't there! 

Then I did the same thing adding the Star wars voice mod, it downloaded all the way through but the Chinese Dragon port did the same thing. I recorded the whole process. I'm able to attach it if you want to see what I'm talking about. again after installing the 2 mods I did another integrity check and got into the game, still no port and still no star wars crew voices

Edited by Davidinlv82

Did you watch the videos I posted that shows that the port doesn't even fully download and just installs? I got my download from http://usa02.gamersplatoon.com/Aslains_WoWs_ModPack_Installer_v.5.8.1.04.exe could there be a problem with the client download that is causing this problem? Is it even remotely possible that your download or the version you have is somehow different than what I have (not saying different as in version number but different as in the download in the link above was somehow corrupted in some way even a small way)? You can load the port no problem but when I do all I get is the original Yokosuka port and It has to do with the download from within the modpack as shown in the video's I provided and you can see specifically in video 2-2 at 1 minute 24 seconds where the download within the modpack doesn't even complete..... Those are the only 2 mods that I have tried installing that doesn't work out of all the mods I use.

Well as it turns out the dragon port isn't the only one that isn't working, I tried them all and one thing I noticed especially with the dragon port is the file size of the port downloaded isn't the same size as what is reported on the modpack installer but attached are pics of the instaled ports that don't work with a picture of the installed mod side by side with the port that shows on the game. The pictures are on my dropbox link which I am sharing with you so you can see the things I see, hope they help you in figuring out these issues!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kkspn2pnydo6ggv/ARP night ocean download problem but works.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x8ejx4kxcdf2oo8/Different file size.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mpfi1p6bvic73qw/Dragon port that don't work.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/38tor78aa7nq6v5/Foggy Yoko don't work.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5fc7avzbd171cqf/Nag port don't work.jpg?dl=0

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Davidinlv82 said:

There is nothing I can do about the download speeds, and this problem has only been since the last 2 modpack updates, all others I've had no problems with.

DLC files are on different server now, I had to move them from the previous one. Maybe it's not working for you properly.

Download that files with your browser:

http://tinyurl.com/zxrhl9n
http://tinyurl.com/gmbpswd

Copy them to Aslains_DLC_cache folder in WoWs location, confirm overwrite.

Launch the install, uncheck cleaning up DLC in the end, reinstall it like that.

This is definitely on your end not Aslains. If this happend we would be flooded with tickets saying the DL`s didnt work.

With bad internet new servers that get many requests will prioritize you to the back. Last night was a very busy night on the NET, im wondering if it simply is a shitty connection on top of a lot of hits on the modpack.

All I know is ports are extremely popular as well as voicemods and both I and Aslain tried this combo for you to see and they work fine.

Also guys confuse integrity check with getting a fresh install but many of these mods create settings in cache that can conflict, esp sound mods that preload sounds. Many times guys forget to clear there APPDATA and even after doing integrity check the problems still happen when all it needed was a clense.

Just DL them manually and manually throw them i nRESMODS or as aslain said.

• Upvote 1

You do know that those files you gave the links to are both ending in 580.7z correct? Aren't those for the previous version of WOWs? I just want to make sure... and the port file is supposed to be 113.03 MB and it shows only 36.1MB after downloading

Edited by Davidinlv82

I've tried downloading the port file 10 times, every time the amount downloaded varies from 16-37 MB downloaded. There is 1 other option that I can try and see if it will fully download and that is to invite you to a folder in my dropbox, you can put the file in there and it will sync to my computer that way...... Not sure if it's something we can try but it's worth a shot

I have had the same problem with the Chinese port. I have reinstalled multiple times and nothing changed. attached are logs. or they would be, but "You do not had permission to open the file. Contact file owner to receive permission." Why am I getting this message? I should maybe start a new thread for that, but once I get it figured out, I'll attach logs here to help with this problem.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Davidinlv82 said:

Glad I'm not the only person with a problem! thought I was imagining it lol

Here is google method it took me 2 minutes :)

http://www.wowsmods.com/world-of-warships-mods/wows-other/0-5-8-1-chinese-dragon-port-mod/

Now you can add that in installer folder or just put in resmods.

Part of the cookl thing about aslains is his ability to find mods and list them and authors. So if you guys have issues like this, search online to DL it elsewhere and match up the sizes etcc

1 hour ago, Mulligey said:

I have had the same problem with the Chinese port. I have reinstalled multiple times and nothing changed. attached are logs. or they would be, but "You do not had permission to open the file. Contact file owner to receive permission." Why am I getting this message? I should maybe start a new thread for that, but once I get it figured out, I'll attach logs here to help with this problem.

I answered you. You need to take ownership go read help thread

And then go to link I added of port

• Upvote 1

Ok that worked! Full download and did exactly as instructed and opened up the game and it worked! Aslain I love the work you do and I hope that maybe we can still figure out why this mod is having a problem using the modpack.... SFC_Storm I really appreciate that little bit of knowledge, I'm just not so keen on using other methods as I would hate to mess something up and have to uninstall and reinstall everything, as you can see I don't have the fastest internet connection and downloading the game although takes less time then it did before they did the repackaging of WOWs it still takes hours at a whopping 5 Mbps. So I really kinda rely on Aslain's modpacks to help make things a ton easier

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Davidinlv82 said:

Ok that worked! Full download and did exactly as instructed and opened up the game and it worked! Aslain I love the work you do and I hope that maybe we can still figure out why this mod is having a problem using the modpack.... SFC_Storm I really appreciate that little bit of knowledge, I'm just not so keen on using other methods as I would hate to mess something up and have to uninstall and reinstall everything, as you can see I don't have the fastest internet connection and downloading the game although takes less time then it did before they did the repackaging of WOWs it still takes hours at a whopping 5 Mbps. So I really kinda rely on Aslain's modpacks to help make things a ton easier

Oh I get it bro. O have same speed internet.

I dont think yours is speed though, its def settings. How does your game play? If its laggy just try this its fast and easy.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/speedguide_net_tcp_optimizer.html

Use this man its amazing. Sometimes it doubles my clients speed

3 minutes ago, SFC_Storm said:

Oh I get it bro. O have same speed internet.

I dont think yours is speed though, its def settings. How does your game play? If its laggy just try this its fast and easy.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/speedguide_net_tcp_optimizer.html

Use this man its amazing. Sometimes it doubles my clients speed

I wish things like that would work, but it's where my wife and I live, they supply the internet and its only 5 Mbps down 1 Mbps up, good thing for me it doesn't effect the game at all or much period just causes me really long wait time to download 1GB or more.

3 minutes ago, Davidinlv82 said:

I wish things like that would work, but it's where my wife and I live, they supply the internet and its only 5 Mbps down 1 Mbps up, good thing for me it doesn't effect the game at all or much period just causes me really long wait time to download 1GB or more.

I have the same speed. Normal DSL.

Still you should have a true DL speed of 750 k/b so if you are having huge wait times odds are your internet is cutting out in microbursts. Not enoug to show you, but when computer goes to DL it needs steady packets or the server drops them

Trust me try that tool its easy and works great. THis is also another one I use for peopke i nthe country or with low speeds.

Point is slower internet like ours needs diff settings to be the fasest. So many things like windows 10 are optimized for FO or Cable now. So for instance a huge buffer isnt good if you have a very slow speed as its like a cup that needs to be filled up but has a leak. But if you put a smaller vup it will fill up and drain at the same rate.

9 minutes ago, SFC_Storm said:

I have the same speed. Normal DSL.

Still you should have a true DL speed of 750 k/b so if you are having huge wait times odds are your internet is cutting out in microbursts. Not enoug to show you, but when computer goes to DL it needs steady packets or the server drops them

Trust me try that tool its easy and works great. THis is also another one I use for peopke i nthe country or with low speeds.

Point is slower internet like ours needs diff settings to be the fasest. So many things like windows 10 are optimized for FO or Cable now. So for instance a huge buffer isnt good if you have a very slow speed as its like a cup that needs to be filled up but has a leak. But if you put a smaller vup it will fill up and drain at the same rate.

I did try the tool and it may help when my connection is stable but the connection isn't 100% at all and the ISP is working to fix what they can. Other than that I am on wifi competing with many other people who live in this apartment complex who use their connection too. If I lived in a different apartment in a different building then I would have access to get a different ISP and be hardwired instead of being on wifi and with way better speeds than I am getting with this connection.