Permissions Error when trying to attach Logs for an error report

So whenever I try to open the _Aslain_Logs folder or move it anywhere(mainly attach it here to report bugs) or do anything, it says I don't have permission to do that. Any idea of how to fix that? attached are screenshots of the error message. I know it I could contact an administrator, but I am the admin on my computer. I am the only account on there.

Permissions error aslian.png

You need to take ownership of the folder

Are you using Windows 7 this was a big problem. Half the time the permissions were screwed up

Applies To: Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2

The owner of the object controls how permissions are set on the object and to whom permissions are granted.

The Take Ownership permission on an object or the Restore files and directories user right are the minimum requirements to complete this procedure. Review the details in "Additional considerations" in this topic.

To take ownership of a file or folder

1. Open Windows Explorer, and then locate the file or folder you want to take ownership of.

2. Right-click the file or folder, click Properties, and then click the Security tab.

3. Click Advanced, and then click the Owner tab.

4. Click Edit, and then do one of the following:

• To change the owner to a user or group that is not listed, click Other users and groups and, in Enter the object name to select (examples), type the name of the user or group, and then click OK.

• To change the owner to a user or group that is listed, in the Change owner to box, click the new owner.

5. (Optional) To change the owner of all subcontainers and objects within the tree, select the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.

1 hour ago, Mulligey said:

So whenever I try to open the _Aslain_Logs folder or move it anywhere(mainly attach it here to report bugs) or do anything, it says I don't have permission to do that. Any idea of how to fix that? attached are screenshots of the error message. I know it I could contact an administrator, but I am the admin on my computer. I am the only account on there.

Permissions error aslian.png

If you dont have windows 7 here

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ff404240.aspx

It happens so often when modding I created a right clock take ownership button

Thats here if you want

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/

• Upvote 1

well it didn't work. So I went to properties, and I want to the Security tab. I clicked on advanced. The first screenshot shows the screen that popped up. I then clicked on "Change" right next to owner, and the second screenshot popped up.

permissions error 2.png

permissions error 3.png

Edited by Mulligey