WoT 0.9.15.1 modpack - work in progress

• Administrator

Hello dear users,

As you may or may not know, the upcoming WoT update 0.9.15.1 will probably wipe many mods, I already started to update the modpack.

If you are willing to help, post here mods that stopped to work, to give me a heads ups.

PLEASE ALSO NOTE I AM IN DIFFERENT COUNTRY VISITING FAMILY, IT'S NOT EASY TO DO, ESPECIALY ON MOBILE NETWORK HERE.

Interesting arcticle about technical changes

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/07/25/update-9-15-1-technical-aspects/

• Upvote 3

Will xvm support return as a section or a separate download ? I know I could edit it by hand but for someone who never did it by hand working with 30+ config files is a mountain to climb. I liked what I could do with OTM, scope, panels, in-battle names with this mod and I'd love to see it back as it will probably take me days to figure out the exact settings by hand.

People! Please... 

You need to understand a couple of things:

1. Aslain is in another country on vacation. He is using of his family time to work on the mod for us. This should stop you harrassing him

2. One of the biggest issues for modders in patch 9.15.1 is that ActionScript has been updated from version 2 to version 3. There are significant changes in the two versions, rendering a lot of mods obsolete.

3. Aslain cannot be held accountable for the mods in the modpack. He is doing a marvelous job puting the pack together, but he is not developing the mods himself. If you have problems with individual mods, you need to find the appropriate developer and ask them to update/fix it.

All of the above means that the modpack will come when it comes. Give Aslain the benefit of patience. You know he's done a marvelous job before, and will continue to do so.

On a personal note: I'm a programmer/developer myself, and I can tell yu that the worst thing a developer experiences is when he gets flak for things that isn't his job. It quickly pushes you to stop working on stuff.

So let's give Aslain our support and good wishes, and wait patiently for him to update.

And please don't misunderstand, I miss the full Aslain's ModPack too. Playing WoT with vanilla or other modpack just isn't the same :(

• Upvote 9
2 hours ago, 4bZurd said:

This should stop you harrassing him

People are asking simple questions to be answered whenever. No one is spamming  or pushing. I do code too mate but I think you need to cut down on the coffee. Going from Q&A to

Aslain cannot be held accountable...

and

gets flak for things that isn't his job

is far fetched at best and a lot of venting steam at random people.

Peace out.

17 minutes ago, Scorp said:

People are asking simple questions to be answered whenever. No one is spamming  or pushing. I do code too mate but I think you need to cut down on the coffee. Going from Q&A to

and

is far fetched at best and a lot of venting steam at random people.

Peace out.

All I'm trying to do is remind people to relax and READ. But hey, better you turn your flak at me than at Aslain.

• Upvote 2
34 minutes ago, 4bZurd said:

All I'm trying to do is remind people to relax and READ. But hey, better you turn your flak at me than at Aslain.

No flak here. Simply reminding you that asking If/When questions once isn't rushing anyone. In the future I'd advise to dial down the agro if all you want is to remind people. Some of the stronger-willed folk might fight fire with fire.

I think what he is meaning that people should search the forum first about issues , as   we end up with  several posts  with the same topic  therefore the forum gets cluttered,

the info about mods  not working after patch was highlighted weeks ago ,

the first thing I did was after updating game was  go on the forum have a look at posts to see if there was an update on mudpack , there wasn't but did notice a post saying  mudpack in progress  , fine ill play  in skeleton mode  and wait until pack is available .

• Upvote 2

Scorp, 4bzurd was not aiming any vitriol at you, but just reminding the other posters above to READ.

At the beginning of this thread, and also discussed where you can download the mod, it CLEARLY explains that this mod is skeletal due to Actionscript issues, so many mods need to be completely rewritten and are not included.  Aslain has no control over that.  

So, it is absurd for folks to come in here posting pictures of their "incomplete" Aslain installer.  This thread is for discussing mods in his installer that do not work correctly.

As 4bzurd said above, people need to READ before crying here.

Edited by tarbox23
  • Upvote 2

Well, people on the internet not reading before posting is as old as posting and will only get worst with time, trying to fight it you'd have better chances to drink the oceans dry. Regarding the modpack - Yeah I did work (tho years ago now when I was still young and beau... young. period.) in ActionScript before and yeah the switch to another major version will take time and break everything. I'd call that common sense. All I asked was about xvm because configuring it by hand feels like work, wait... With a good IDE work feels better.. ^^

• Upvote 1
49 minutes ago, stylerod said:

Anyone lose their game time, FPS and Ping after loading the mod?

How do you mean?

In what way did you lose them?

Did you lose the counters showing them, or did you experience fps drops and lag spikes?

Just now, 4bZurd said:

How do you mean?

In what way did you lose them?

Did you lose the counters showing them, or did you experience fps drops and lag spikes?

Nope, I put this in the Bug section also. Those fields are just blank. I have no numbers in the Game Time, FPS or Ping fields on the top of the screen in game. The game runs fine, just no information in those fields.

Nope, I put this in the Bug section also. Those fields are just blank. I have no numbers in the Game Time, FPS or Ping fields on the top of the screen in game. The game runs fine, just no information in those fields.

Yeah, I'm getting this issue as well. I can live without the fps / ping counter, but not having the remaining game time is a bit awkward.

Hello Aslain. Respect sir!! Even on your holiday thinking about us.....

GolKosh Tank Contour Icons are ready to rumble. I guess because of the action script v3 it is not possible to use? Is there a "meanwhile" version? I put them in the regular directory but of course the code is missing, Is there an easy way to code this until your back from your holiday. Anybody an idea (the most of the top mods are all greyed out, icons).

The most important is the XVM and the carrousel, the rest (FOR ME) could wait....

Peace and respect

29 minutes ago, GolKosh said:

The most important is the XVM and the carrousel, the rest (FOR ME) could wait....

XVM is not out yet. You can keep checking here - http://www.modxvm.com/en/download-xvm/

After it's on there, Aslain will probably have it shortly, I guess. Hope it takes some time, though, personally, because the games these days are so much better.

• Upvote 1
47 minutes ago, GolKosh said:

Hello Aslain. Respect sir!! Even on your holiday thinking about us.....

Peace and respect

I agree with part of this.

The most important is the carrousel, the rest (FOR ME) could wait....

I do hope you are enjoying your holiday out of the country.

• Upvote 1

It seems Jimbo's Crosshair mod isn't fully working, the gun marker is still showing up as wot's default options, while the camera marker has all of jimbo's options. So it's basically half jimbo's, half original wot, kind of annoying. And for some reason the amount of shells per container in an auto loader don't appear either. I know you have nothing to do with how the mod works, just thought I'd let you know it's glitchy. This isn't a terribly big deal, but I've seen on other websites that it's up to date with 9.15? Unless they're having the same problems? 

-Thank you for all your hard work, enjoy your holiday!

• Administrator

Many websites with mods from top of google search are faking mod versions. For exaple when new WG patch arrives they only rename version inside mod files then announce it as 9.15.1 compatible but, it's not for real.

So watch out. I couldn't find better version of J1mbo's yet.

12 hours ago, nolifes said:

for when the full version of the mod pack ?

It could take a while. As we all know WG used another program (action script 3!) and everything needs to newly writen.

Also Aslain is on a holiday and MUST enjoy that instead of working on things that aren't there yet (looking at XVM website!). I mean it Aslain... enjoy holiday!!!

• Upvote 1

Hi

Oboy, this update sure messed up XVM. 

IT WILL TAKE OVER A MONTH before every setting and mod is back to "normal".

Many modders are struggling and/or have quit updating their mods. 

Others are on vacation or something. 

Biggest problem is XVM, they are focusing on minimap first and painstakingly getting 

all fixed.

Sirmax is the brain behind XVM, he knows it like a second language. 

Thats why things that are obvious to him is rocketsience to us. 

The problem seems to be trolls and assholes at Korean Random forums now, 

fanboys bitching to everybody.