Aslain WoWS mod 5.8.111 issue

Every patch by Wargaming requires an update to the ModPack.  Be patient, it will come.  The compatible ModPack version will be 5.9.0.x.

And of course there will be lots of mods that need to be updated by their author before they work and we will learn what other stuff broke as people try to play with the various mods.

• Upvote 2
6 hours ago, Sniper said:

I know that I just thought to let you know.

Did you seriously think he, or any of us for that matter, didn't know there was an update or are you just trolling us? Please, please tell me that you're just trolling...please?

• Upvote 1

Seriously  I didn't think that they didn't  know because when I logon to play WoWS at 6:00 am yesterday it was doing the update. And at that time I know that they didn't know because the Aslain developers are in Europe and not in the American time zone.

Hmm.

After the game patch I installed WOWS mod 8.1.11 and the game doesn't want to start anymore.

Even after de-installing the mod, the game doesn't start anymore and I have to use the repair function of the game to complete the files again.

Has somebody else seen this behavious too?

Greetings - PheeniX

5 hours ago, Sniper said:

Seriously  I didn't think that they didn't  know because when I logon to play WoWS at 6:00 am yesterday it was doing the update. And at that time I know that they didn't know because the Aslain developers are in Europe and not in the American time zone.

The update was posted on all status pages on Monday.  Aslain even posted in discussion on Tuesday that there was an update coming.  Thousands of players use his MOD pack.  He knew.

Wait, you said you didn't think they didn't know, which is a double negative. So you did know they knew? If so, the rest of your sentence doesn't jive.

Anyway, he knew. It was all over the Forums. 

Edited by Questlove
15 hours ago, Aslain said:

First things first, WoT modpack had priority, then I can look at it, but when it happens, hard to tell, might be today, might be in few days, mostly because I cannot split myself to do two things at the same time.

Don't you have two hands? One hand WoT and the other WoWS, problem solved ;P

Seriously though, I really hope you can squeeze in some time for at least an alpha/beta installer :)

Just to let you know Questlove  I've been playing All week long and WoWS was not updated on the 25 or the 26 of July . 

They did the update on the 27.

So that's why I did this post a 5 am CST on the 27 of this month. for your information.

OK guys.. We get it.. @Sniper was trying to help.

We know when the updates are coming from Wargaming.  Usually at least a couple of days before hand. Unfortunately, the ModPack can't be updated until the exact details of what changed are known which only happens after the update is released.

My response to Sniper's original post was also directed at everyone else who came here with similar issues/questions. 

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Sniper said:

Just to let you know Questlove  I've been playing All week long and WoWS was not updated on the 25 or the 26 of July . 

They did the update on the 27.

So that's why I did this post a 5 am CST on the 27 of this month. for your information.

And again, WG put the notice out on Monday, the 25th, that the patch was coming out on the 27th.  We all knew.

We all knew because it was on their status page, on their FB page, on their Twitter, on Forums and on their main WoWS news page.

Edited by Questlove

Ok "Questlove" if that what you say is true then tell me how come the " Developers " they had the 25,26 and the 27 that's 3 days to do the update and still it's not updated . Now I don't want to hear excuses about WOT has priority over WoWS . When you and I know that are more than one " Developers '' doing the updates. So I do know that my donations do not go to one person in Aslain. However personally don't think that the WoWS members could care less about WOT . They play WoWS not WOT and they shouldn't have to play second fiddle to WOT. There are members over here in WoWS that gives the " Developers '' donations to do the mods so we can enjoy playing WoWS " NOT WOT '' .

2 hours ago, Sniper said:

Ok "Questlove" if that what you say is true then tell me how come the " Developers " they had the 25,26 and the 27 that's 3 days to do the update and still it's not updated . Now I don't want to hear excuses about WOT has priority over WoWS . When you and I know that are more than one " Developers '' doing the updates. So I do know that my donations do not go to one person in Aslain. However personally don't think that the WoWS members could care less about WOT . They play WoWS not WOT and they shouldn't have to play second fiddle to WOT. There are members over here in WoWS that gives the " Developers '' donations to do the mods so we can enjoy playing WoWS " NOT WOT '' .

Are you referring to the "Developers" as people who work for/with Aslian? Aslian is one person. Asian doesn't have a staff of developers. I don't think you understand how this all works, Sniper. Let me try to explain it to you below.

Aslian updates his MOD pack when, 1) his server (he's on the EU) is updated, which is always the day after the NA server is updated so in this case July 28th, and 2) when the people who make their individual mods like Hakabase, AutoSpy, etc (I think these are the people you mean when you say "Developers") update them for 0.5.9.0 and SEND them to Aslian, whose on vacation right now.  He then puts them in HIS (Aslian's) MOD Pack and puts the updated pack on his web page for us. BOTH of these things must happen, not only one. Also, Mod makers can't update their Mods before Wargaming updates WoWS.  Lastly, Mod makers don't all live in the United States and thus their updated (0.5.9.0) WoWS games don't happen all on the same day.

Your donations do go to one person. That person is Aslian. Aslian has always said that WOT Packs have priority over WOWS. WOT had a big update this week too.  That and the fact that he is on vacation means you'll just have to wait on an updated pack for WOWS version 0.5.9.0. I don't like it anymore than you do. I only play ships too.  It sucks balls but remember, Aslian's EU server was just updated yesterday, the 28th, unlike you and I on the NA server who receive our update on the 27th.

I hope this gives you a better understanding of how the process works. If I didn't care about you I wouldn't have said anything.

QL

Its not that he really needs a lot of help.. he has to wait for the mod makers to update the mods so he has to either wait for them to send the mods to him or go through the mod section of the WoWS forum and check to see if they're updated.

This is something he does in his own time.. He has a life outside of this.. if he has things planned after patches are released we are SoL.. If there is a mod or two that you really really need..  Go here and see if they have been updated http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/forum/170-mods-and-addons/

but enough of that.. now that after a few days of this thread.. it should be locked/deleted.