Esc & Ctrl key not working during battle / Can't type in chat

problem seemed to 1st happen with 9.15.1.01, but I've since tried 9.15.1.00 and same thing. (whereas 00 was OK before)

If I'm in battle the Esc key does not bring up menu (eg. to return to garage after being killed)

Esc works fine in garage. (eg. I can exit game or get to settings)

The ctrl key also doesn't give me cursor control during battle(so I can't create/accept 'dynamic platoon' requests or ping the mini-map).

ctrl key is being recognised though because the damage log changes, replaces vehicle name with player name.

If I load the game in 'safe mode' both work fine.

Tried 'delete the cache and reset game settings', no joy.

Tried enabling/disabling some of the very few mods I'm loading, can't tell which is causing it.

BTW, and, as usual, tks for the hard work Aslain.

OK, turned off all mods in the installer, problem gone, so it's not the 'base pack'.

Turned on a few mods I 'don't think this will affect battle' (garage mods, session stats and such), no problem.

Gotta go out, do some work, will try turning on some more mods when I return, see if I can find what's causing it.

• Upvote 1

ive noticed this too , when trying to type a message during game I have to move cursor to box to type ,  esc didn't work in the garage , I  unselected hanger mod and that fixed it

might be unrelated but I have a similar issue but my CTRL works, though I can't chat without clicking on the chat box. 

I'm running on a couple of things atm: (No team HP or ATAC though.)

-----------------------[ The Mod Pack (non-XVM mods) ]-------------------------------
         Aim Helping mods
            AutoAim Indication+ (allows to snap autoaim on tanks behind obstacles)
               Disable VoIP switch with G-key
         ----------------------[ Crosshair mods ]------------------------------------------
            Battle Assistant for SPG
               triggered by 'G' key
         Damage Logs
            Damage Log GambitER #1 (config by Aslain)
               Hide player names
               Damage done & blocked position
                  right over damage panel position
         Non-XVM hitlogs
            Multi Hit Log - InBattle WN8, EFF, Damage (by eskpoint)
               MHL: WN8 + DMG
         -----------------------[ Garage mods ]----------------------------------------
            Garage icons
               Tank icons
                  Tech-Tree & Battle Results
                     Class colored icons (by Aslain) [DLC]
                  Tank Carousel
                     Camouflage colored icons on carousel (by steaxch) [DLC]
               Crew icons (many outdated mods here!)
                  Minion crew mod 
            Session Statistics
               YasenKrasen session stats V1 [EN, PL, KO]
            Crew Exp Extended by spoter

Additional tasks:
      Installation type
         Clean install (clean up res_mods folder - RECOMMENDED!)
         Remove the contents of DLC cache (Aslains_DLC_cache folder)

I was considering installing one at a time to see who the culprit is but not had the time so far today.

Not a major issue for me atm, radial menu is enough, but though I'd raise it anyway.

Edited by exarish

actually, in my case the included options works fine. If I add _either_ Team HP Bars or Non-XVM hitlog I lose both my CTRL & Esc keys.

HP bar would be handy but I can do without it.

and I don't really care whose hitlog I run but I'd like it positioned below left player panel.

'Contour Icons' is giving me 'standard icons', and I'd like you to give me arab numerals. (and yes, I read the note about mirroring)

other options are really 'as and when you make them available' :-)

THANKS Aslain

_Aslains_Installer_Options.inf

The attached log files may not contain the issue as I've deselected a lot of mods just to make sure I had the bare minimum. But when launched into battle, press enter and chat window opens. If you start typing, nothing appears, and anything you tried to type will not submit after pressing enter. As I'm typing this, I just came to a thought that maybe some reason the text box gets un-selected, but I doubt that. Also, at some point during the battle and I'm not sure what triggers it, but the chat text box takes input again.

python.log

_Aslain_logs.zip

someone replying to my thread about 'Esc & CTRL not working' suggested they had similar problem and removed a hangar mod, fixed it.

Other 'workaround' is that after hitting 'enter' to open chat you click in the text input area, should work.

This bug seems to be attributed to Team HP Bars or Non-XVM hitlog.

You should still chat if you press Ctrl and click on the chat box manually.

Remove mod(s) in question/wait for update :)

9 hours ago, SuperGumbyAU said:

someone replying to my thread about 'Esc & CTRL not working' suggested they had similar problem and removed a hangar mod, fixed it.

Other 'workaround' is that after hitting 'enter' to open chat you click in the text input area, should work.

that will be me lol , got to love it when I take the glory hahaha

15 minutes ago, Aslain said:

So currently we have potentialy 3 mods that may cause this:

- all Team HP bars

- Damage Log Gambiter

its defo the hp bars  , as I just tried it with  the new update  , and  I couldn't use the esc or shift buttons , took hp bar off and esc and shift worked  .   I wonder if its conflicting with the xvm hp bar as it looks like they have 1 for default

Edited by bubs79
5 godzin temu, Aslain napisał:

Try new modpack build 03.

It doesn't help.

All you need to do is to intall "01" version , and than install latest version but not "clean installation" , that's do the trick that all works fine.

12 hours ago, Aslain said:

Hmm sounds like Gambiter log.

After installing build 0.3 without Gambiter log I can confirm that this is correct.

Non XVM hitlog still installed at time - no issues

Not sure about Team HP/ATAC

Edited by exarish