Esc & Ctrl key not working during battle / Can't type in chat

I confirm - 0.5 and the bug is still there.

Seems that non-XVM hitlogs are causing this issue.

1. Disabled damage Log and the issue reproduced often.
  2. Disabled non-XVM hitlogs and the issue do not occur anymore.
  3. Started using XVM hitlog and the issue do not occur anymore. 
  4. Edit1: nevermind - the issue reproduced also with default XVM log. Will try without it now.
  5. Edit2: Disabled default XVM log and default panels by XVM - played ~4h play and no Esc/Ctrl/Chat issues anymore.
  6. Edit3: The issue still reproduces (also Tab is not working) - not sure how to debug this hereinafter.
  7. Edit4: Ver.0.6. Seems that Vehicle Contour Icons are causing this issue. The issue reproduce everytime I installed one of these (see the pic) and did not reproduce if uninstalled these. Tested/re-installed/re-downloaded 3 times. 
  8. Edit5: Nevermind - the issue still reproduces randomly without Vehicle Contour Icons

My first post :) Aslain, thank you for the hard work!

Vehicle Contour Icons.JPG

Edited by Puer
additional info

(Just for reference - Gambiter Log and Non-XVM hitlog weren't changed in 0.5 so any bugs from 0.4 would follow with it.)

It has been flagged that 3 mods may be conflicting:

TEAM HP Bar mods - removed in .05

GambitER log - This one I tested myself and reproduced error

(with Non-XVM Hitlog installed at time of test so I'm unsure if that's the cause, unless it simply didn't bug in 2 games tests I did. which is possible I guess.) ((previously it bugged 100% of the time so 2/2 with no bug seemed good enough for me.))

Non-XVM Hitlog - (See above - but unsure.)

I will test further today.

Edited by exarish

This bug is not just in game session. ESC is not working in hangar as well. But if you click anywhere in hangar and then press ESC - menu pops up. Only once. If you close it again - it is not appearing until you click anywhere again. 

1 hour ago, Dai-Katana said:

This bug is not just in game session. ESC is not working in hangar as well. But if you click anywhere in hangar and then press ESC - menu pops up. Only once. If you close it again - it is not appearing until you click anywhere again. 

if u have hangor mod  installed remove it that's wat caused me that problem

Test on 1.06.

For the escape key works (to leave the battle when it was destroyed before the end of the game), do not select Damage Logs.

By cons, Hitlog Settings can be selected.

I think Aslain arrive later to rectify the bug for Damage Logs to work.

I was sure that it was the non XVM hit log causing this.  But it just now I was in a battle where I could not chat, I could not use the esc key...and Damocles crosshair was not working at all...I only had the vanilla crosshair in both standard and strategic (arty) view.  I closed the client mid battle and restarted it and when I got back into the battle, everything worked perfectly.  I did not have non xvm hit log installed.  Could this be a global problem with the new UI langauge/mod incompatibility problem?

Here are my current logs for that battle:

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

People, if you haven't already tried, try pressing F1 during a battle or whenever you wish to chat during a battle. I've had this problem for some time now, with different mods before update and now with this one too, but whenever it appears, F1 button(and f1 again to close help) always solves it.

With so many mods potentially causing this issue and different things stopping it for everyone....I'm starting to wonder...

Maybe the issue is within AS3? 

Obviously it's still the mods at fault though, needing made more compatible with AS3, but just throwing that out there as a possibility 

Edited by exarish

I have just had the bug tonight.

Oddly, 0.6 has worked perfectly until now. I haven't made any changes to mny configuration since the 4th August.

I have run through the suggested solutions, but I either do not use the mods mentioned, or deactivating the ones i use does not make a difference.

similar for me... 0.6 seemed to work for me in the start, but then EVERY game from beginning of a match ESC is not working (which is not recoverable by F1).

Also client restart did not help, problem was permanent at some point although i did not change any settings.

Don't have ATAC enabled, but disabling (non-xvm) Hitlog solved it for me now.

Edited by doofi
1 hour ago, _Larkin_ said:

Bug still exists in .6 Modpack.

Crew Skill Informer Mod causes the problem, reproduceable.

Crew skill informer is enabled for me, no problems directly connected.

But with so much mods in doubt it maybe seems more like disabling (almost) anyone helps solving the problem...

So maybe its really some sort of limitation in new actionscript

• Upvote 1
On 9.8.2016 at 0:28 AM, doofi said:

Crew skill informer is enabled for me, no problems directly connected.

But with so much mods in doubt it maybe seems more like disabling (almost) anyone helps solving the problem...

So maybe its really some sort of limitation in new actionscript

I agree.  I think the problem is widespread through various mods and is intermittent which makes it mostly impossible to diagnose.  I suspect that some mods that work in 9.15.1 are in fact not optimized for 9.15.1.  I have downloaded the latest Sword of Damokles, which is a more recent version than in the modpack at the moment I believe.  Since updating this, I have not had any more problems.  Before, about 25% of the time the mod would not work and esc strg (ctrl) etc keys would also not work.  But now....so far so good.  I think a lot of mod devs simply tried their mod in 9.15.1 and it worked one time so they declared it worked perfectly....but it doesn't all of the time.

XVM is causing this or XVM in conflict with other mods.

CTRL, ESC and TAB were not working for me, mouse cursor was invisible and my crosshair mod (standard with better timer) was reverted to vanilla but without central aim-point until I completely removed XVM. All issues were present in every battle and replays. Removing XVM fixed everything.

I'm using ATAC, multihitlog and GambitER damage log (other mods in question) - no issues without XVM, except chat bug.

My guess is that XVM config wasn't converted properly to the new version and it's causing issues. Considering the fact that Aslain's config is very limited at this moment, hitlog is misplaced, players panels are not configurable and there is no XVM minimap features, there is no point to use it. If you want stats badly, try installing vanilla XVM on top of the modpack and see if you have any issues.

4 hours ago, SirSamuel said:

omg Aslain, stil bugged.

game is falling offen, ussualy CTRL dont work and many others mistakes. cmon, u can do it better. i must uninstal it, cause it was terrible.

Do you realize he's on vacation? Read the obvious announcement.

23 hours ago, SirSamuel said:

omg Aslain, stil bugged.

game is falling offen, ussualy CTRL dont work and many others mistakes. cmon, u can do it better. i must uninstal it, cause it was terrible.

It'll be ready when it's ready, end of.

Think you can do it quicker/better? Go ahead! Make your own mod pack else stop whining, it takes time, particularly how we are on a new UI script, EVERYTHING needs reworked!

So be patient for updates like the rest of us are without complaining or simply play in safe mode/Mod free mode until you get the updates you need.