Esc & Ctrl key not working during battle / Can't type in chat

I just had a battle where the esc/ctrl keys would not work but also the custom sight was not working.  I have noticed that usually when the keys dont work the custom sight is not working.  Maybe there is a connection that will help you solve the problem.  I made a copy of relevant files/folders in the WoT folder before I played another battle.  In the above post, you asked for the inf file.  I found two and also included them.

If there is another file you need, I probably have it. 

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

_Aslains_Installer_Options.inf

loginstall.inf

19 hours ago, Aslain said:

I need all logs, not just one or two, especialy I need python and .inf log.

its so weird, for now, i have no problem with this bug in aslain mod pack v08..... :)

but there is a new problem (after update wot 0.9.15.1 and using mod pack), every time iam in platoon in my clan, in my garage, after join the random battle, my chat reset to general chat, not for platoon chat, and every time iam join the random battle, there is always a reset chat from platoon chat to general chat, also.....WOT cant recognize my old platoon, WOT only knew that i have a new platoon in every time iam join the random battle..... how to fix this bug??  :(

python.log

_Aslain_logs.zip

Edited by arniGX
  • Administrator
9 hours ago, Darth_Clicker said:

I just had a battle where the esc/ctrl keys would not work but also the custom sight was not working.  I have noticed that usually when the keys dont work the custom sight is not working.  Maybe there is a connection that will help you solve the problem.  I made a copy of relevant files/folders in the WoT folder before I played another battle.  In the above post, you asked for the inf file.  I found two and also included them.

If there is another file you need, I probably have it. 

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

loginstall.inf

yes this is very common to the sights, thats why I always blame them in the first place, especialy that there is hard to find who is real author of mod_sights.pyc that is often failing. 

I would not use crosshairs based on it. 

Hi Aslain,

I think too that the problem is the damn custom sight. Can U tell us which are teh crossair using that file? I can try tomorrow all different ones so to check if the issue is really with that file or not. I can use my kids account so no problem wasting time on it. I think we just need to find out what is the issue.

BTW I send U my pyton.log, but cannot send U all the other files since I'm using a mix of OMC + single mods installed by my self.

python.log

Edited by Spiegator
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, dizz81 said:

I don't believe it's the custom sights at all.  I'm using only a few mods and the only time I have an issue with chat not working is when I install Damage Logs.  If I don't install that, everything works perfectly fine.

Just to test it I installed ONLY Damage Logs and the issue is there.

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

I think some custom sights are causing the esc/ctrl issue, not the chat issue.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Spiegator said:

Hi Aslain,

I think too that the problem is the damn custom sight. Can U tell us which are teh crossair using that file? I can try tomorrow all different ones so to check if the issue is really with that file or not. I can use my kids account so no problem wasting time on it. I think we just need to find out what is the issue.

BTW I send U my pyton.log, but cannot send U all the other files since I'm using a mix of OMC + single mods installed by my self.

python.log

Currently these crosshairs are using mod_sight.pyc:

- standard and more...

- taipan 2

- overcross

- minimalistic sights shtys

- sword of damocles

• Aslain pinned this topic
On 22/8/2016 at 9:03 AM, Aslain said:

Currently these crosshairs are using mod_sight.pyc:

- standard and more...

- taipan 2

- overcross

- sword of damocles

Ok, finally i can start working on this, vacation and kids are gone, back to work so the afternoon is finally free .

I'll start immediately downloading your latest patch and checking installing without any crossair and my custom XVM file. If I found no issue then i will install only the crossairs and check again.

I kow that the issue is actually random, so i will perform at least installations of each type untill I find 15 installations in a row with no issue.

Up to now I've noticed that the issue either raises at first start up at first mod installation or after that it's very random and generally not showing up...

• Administrator
49 minutes ago, Spiegator said:

Ok, finally i can start working on this, vacation and kids are gone, back to work so the afternoon is finally free .

I'll start immediately downloading your latest patch and checking installing without any crossair and my custom XVM file. If I found no issue then i will install only the crossairs and check again.

I kow that the issue is actually random, so i will perform at least installations of each type untill I find 15 installations in a row with no issue.

Up to now I've noticed that the issue either raises at first start up at first mod installation or after that it's very random and generally not showing up...

Use this modpack rc: it has updated sights script

• Upvote 1
Just now, Aslain said:

Use this modpack rc: it has updated sights script

I will once i check for 15 times in a row taht without crossair is working ok and then confirm that J1mb0 crossair is creating the problem and so confirming the pyc file issue. Once i get this i try your RC. BTW I've a couple of issue with the position of some panels in your set up. Where can I post  the screenshot and the issue?

So done the testing.

First with no crosshair at all. 15 straight games no problem.

Changed teh set up installing now the Taipan 2 crosshair.... at my 5th game the bug come up.

Now I'm trying teh RC candfidate... using always Taipan 2 crosshair.

One question now... which crosshairs do have teh modified sights script?

Just to make sure!!!

Aslain 10 no crosshair.rar

Aslain 10 with crosshair.rar

This problem keeps reoccurring for me too! I have removed mods and it seems to be fixed and working fine for awhile but  then its back again. Escape and control quit working seems to always happen when I exit game for awhile and then re-enter without shutting down computer first.

That patch file you offered several answers ago doesn't not work! Windows says I can not access required file type??? 

WargamingGameUpdater.log

WargamingGameUpdater.log.bak

PhysXLoader.dll

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

Edited by 6bits
10 minutes ago, 6bits said:

This problem keeps reoccurring for me too! I have removed mods and it seems to be fixed and working fine for awhile but  then its back again. Escape and control quit working seems to always happen when I exit game for awhile and then re-enter without shutting down computer first.

That patch file you offered several answers ago doesn't not work! Windows says I can not access required file type???

WargamingGameUpdater.log

PhysXLoader.dll

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

Try without any crosshair mod please. For me it was 15 games in a row without any problem, once i installed teh crosshair, in 5 games I got the problem.

To acces teh file U need to click on the "Additiona information" and the new option to run the file it's going to appear!!!!

Edited by Spiegator

Ok, tested teh RC 11.

With the Taipan 2 crosshair I got the error at 4th and 5th game.

Checked again with the J1mb0 test 1 crosshair and in 10 games... nothing about the error. It did not show up.

Attached the Aslain's logs.

So if the sight file was changed only in the J1mb0 crosshairs then we have the solution to the bug. If also the taipan 2 has it... then "Huston, we have a problem."

Aslain 11 with J1mb0 test 1 crosshair.rar

I confirm, Gambiter log is causing the issues with chat. With Gambiter's log (XFT at least) i have to press F1 to make the workaround to activate chat box, without Gambiter's no problem at all (no crosshairs installed too). Anyway, damage announcer mod in chat is enough, i don't care having the history of pounishment :).

Edited by Nenoeil
16 hours ago, 6bits said:

WargamingGameUpdater.log

PhysXLoader.dll

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

OK got beta .11  to install & so far so good 20+ games w/ no problems using taipan2, non-xvm hitlogs, Teamhitpoint counter, XFT damage & hitlog

Edited by 6bits
  • Administrator
17 hours ago, Spiegator said:

So done the testing.

First with no crosshair at all. 15 straight games no problem.

Changed teh set up installing now the Taipan 2 crosshair.... at my 5th game the bug come up.

Now I'm trying teh RC candfidate... using always Taipan 2 crosshair.

One question now... which crosshairs do have teh modified sights script?

Just to make sure!!!

Aslain 10 no crosshair.rar

Aslain 10 with crosshair.rar

- standard and more...

- taipan 2

- overcross

- sword of damocles

All other crosshairs don't need any script to run. (j1mbo for example)

4 hours ago, Aslain said:

- standard and more...

- taipan 2

- overcross

- sword of damocles

All other crosshairs don't need any script to run. (j1mbo for example)

Then that script is buggy. Because I confirm I get teh ESC CTRL issue only whe installing crosshairs that are using it...

FYI, just to add:

The bug reappeared in my client after about 40 normal games. I had updated the modpack, but hadn't made any configuration changes - the bug just restarted.

I uninstalled "standard crosshairs and more etc" just now, and the bug immediately disappeared.

OK as mentioned in the WoT forum I cannot type in chat UNLESS I either hit F1 twice OR ESC twice. tested by doing the following:

1 = removed jimbos crosshairs = no chat

2 = removed Gambiters Damage Log and re added Jimbos = chat worked fine

3 = tried removing hitlogs but adding the damage log = no chat

4 = tried every single other version of damage log and tried them with every single different version of hitlog = no chat

So there has to be something specific with the Damage Log mod itself I assume or is conflicting with another mod to be more accurate?

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

Edited by XxMREMANxX
will not let me add another file (python file) got it after 2nd attempt to add the python file
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Aslain said:

Yeah, I suspect both Damage Log gambiter and mod_sight.pyc script, they seem to conflict with eachother.

I had chat problems with Gambiter's without a mod_sight.pyc script sight.  Same chat problems with J1MBO's etc.  

18 minutes ago, Aslain said:

Yeah, I suspect both Damage Log gambiter and mod_sight.pyc script, they seem to conflict with eachother.

So would I have to remove the mod_sight.pyc script and if so would everything still be working correctly or would that be counter productive?

Edited by XxMREMANxX
34 minutes ago, XxMREMANxX said:

So would I have to remove the mod_sight.pyc script and if so would everything still be working correctly or would that be counter productive?

you need to use one of the sights that does not use the mod_sights.pyc script.  If you remove this file from the sight that uses it, you will have big problems.  Dont know what problems but it will not be good. The sight not working at least.

2 minutes ago, Darth_Clicker said:

you need to use one of the sights that does not use the mod_sights.pyc script.  If you remove this file from the sight that uses it, you will have big problems.  Dont know what problems but it will not be good. The sight not working at least.

I tried removing J1mB0's but that didnt fix the problem? Is there something else that is using that file?