Esc & Ctrl key not working during battle / Can't type in chat

3 hours ago, Batnavo said:

keys CTRL/TAB/ESC not working in game - issue with Crosshairs - Had Minimalistic (keys not working), tested with Overcross (keys not working), switch to J1mbo keys now working.

yes, those crosshairs have the mod_sights.pyc file which is apparently a cause of ctrl/esc issues.  J1MBOs is one of the sight mods that does not use that file.  There is a list of the ones using the file in this thread...I think from September 2.

On 22.9.2016 at 10:13 PM, doofi said:

yep again not workin (tab, esc) although i didn't change any options coming from 2_06

python.log

xvm.log

_Aslain_logs.zip

Try Damocles Sword or J1mbos.  I have not had any problems with either.  Or, if you like the look of the standard crosshair, then do not choose a crosshair in the modpack and add the Extra Aim Info to the stock in game crosshair.

Edited by Darth_Clicker
16 hours ago, Darth_Clicker said:

Try Damocles Sword or J1mbos.  I have not had any problems with either.  Or, if you like the look of the standard crosshair, then do not choose a crosshair in the modpack and add the Extra Aim Info to the stock in game crosshair.

So that problem was standard crosshair with better timer option... (again buggy mod_sight.pyc you said with that one)..

Went for Damocles in the meantime... works

Edited by doofi
7 hours ago, doofi said:

So that problem was standard crosshair with better timer option... (again buggy mod_sight.pyc you said with that one)..

Went for Damocles in the meantime... works

Glad it solved your problem.  When WG changed the UI language from Action Script 2 to AS3 lots of sights became buggy.   Aslain fixed Damocles and others that had problems, but I guess the one you had chosen still has problems with your individual mod combination.  I don't think J1mbos ever had problems as it does not use the mod_sight.pyc file.

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, Aslain said:

I have been testing Sword of Damocles crosshair today, had ESC/CTRL bug only once, and only when watching a replay. sights.pyc was reported in pyhon. So it was typical crosshair crash.

I have played 192 battles in the past 7 days and have not had any esc/ctrl problems at all, and I am using Sword of Damocles.  No problems with anything at all.  Everything works perfectly for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Aslain unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, doofi said:

And having it yet again...

Was happy with modack .25 all the time and suddenly it had that shit esacpe problem for 100% of the games again.

Updated to .28 still continues.

This time i don't have

• "better crosshair" but damocles
  • gambiters but xvm damage log

_Aslain_logs.zip

Sometimes I have the same problem the first battle that I play, I do ctrl (strng) Alt  delete (Entf) to get to the task manager where I will end the task World of Tanks.  When I restart the client, it usually will work perfectly for the rest of the session....and usually the rest of the day.

Damocles Sword will not load properly when this happens as in that it is not working at all.  I have a standard crosshair.

To Aslain:  in the Python logs below, the problem happened in the first battle from today 31 October.  I restarted as I stated above and everything worked fine.

python.log

_Aslain_logs.zip

Hi Aslain!

I've started having same CTD as described- Started after last mini-patch(of course) and was first game I played after log in was CTD as noted seemed like after spotted. After first game CTD it would stabilize and no more problems. Today every game has CTD. Game tries to restart but it has lost my mouse so I have to kill it & restart then when I get in finally and bang right back out! This time get notice that windows has noticed WOT client has stopped working & will search for a solution  :)  Got back in again just as game ended, but not before it crashed one more time!

I don't use ANY sound, game or mod so now what?

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

Edited by 6bits
  • Administrator
11 hours ago, 6bits said:

Hi Aslain!

I've started having same CTD as described- Started after last mini-patch(of course) and was first game I played after log in was CTD as noted seemed like after spotted. After first game CTD it would stabilize and no more problems. Today every game has CTD. Game tries to restart but it has lost my mouse so I have to kill it & restart then when I get in finally and bang right back out! This time get notice that windows has noticed WOT client has stopped working & will search for a solution  :)  Got back in again just as game ended, but not before it crashed one more time!

I don't use ANY sound, game or mod so now what?

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

It's sight.pyc crashing everything else.

• Aslain locked this topic