Jump to content
SuperGumbyAU

Esc & Ctrl key not working during battle / Can't type in chat

Recommended Posts

keys CTRL/TAB/ESC not working in game - issue with Crosshairs - Had Minimalistic (keys not working), tested with Overcross (keys not working), switch to J1mbo keys now working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Batnavo said:

keys CTRL/TAB/ESC not working in game - issue with Crosshairs - Had Minimalistic (keys not working), tested with Overcross (keys not working), switch to J1mbo keys now working.

yes, those crosshairs have the mod_sights.pyc file which is apparently a cause of ctrl/esc issues.  J1MBOs is one of the sight mods that does not use that file.  There is a list of the ones using the file in this thread...I think from September 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 hours ago, Aslain said:

Please try modpack 02.

Damocles Sword custom sight is not causing the esc/ctrl problem any longer.  Thanks Aslain.  Now if we could just get ProArty sight back......:wub:

Edited by Darth_Clicker
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Aslain,

 

The "can't type in chat" thing still happens in .01 - will test this evening with 03.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Constantin said:

Hi Aslain,

 

The "can't type in chat" thing still happens in .01 - will test this evening with 03.

It should work ok now.  It is for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tab key doesn't work in last 2_08 update, can't point on minimap, or look stats. Need fixed ASAP please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, T__J said:

Tab key doesn't work in last 2_08 update, can't point on minimap, or look stats. Need fixed ASAP please.

You forgot the needed logs.  If you do not know which logs are needed, see this 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, doofi said:

yep again not workin (tab, esc) although i didn't change any options coming from 2_06

python.log

xvm.log

_Aslain_logs.zip

 

Crosshairs script mod_sight  crashed on you. Try different crosshair maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22.9.2016 at 10:13 PM, doofi said:

yep again not workin (tab, esc) although i didn't change any options coming from 2_06

python.log

xvm.log

_Aslain_logs.zip

 

Try Damocles Sword or J1mbos.  I have not had any problems with either.  Or, if you like the look of the standard crosshair, then do not choose a crosshair in the modpack and add the Extra Aim Info to the stock in game crosshair.

Edited by Darth_Clicker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Darth_Clicker said:

 

Try Damocles Sword or J1mbos.  I have not had any problems with either.  Or, if you like the look of the standard crosshair, then do not choose a crosshair in the modpack and add the Extra Aim Info to the stock in game crosshair.

 

So that problem was standard crosshair with better timer option... (again buggy mod_sight.pyc you said with that one)..

Went for Damocles in the meantime... works

Edited by doofi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, doofi said:

 

So that problem was standard crosshair with better timer option... (again buggy mod_sight.pyc you said with that one)..

Went for Damocles in the meantime... works

Glad it solved your problem.  When WG changed the UI language from Action Script 2 to AS3 lots of sights became buggy.   Aslain fixed Damocles and others that had problems, but I guess the one you had chosen still has problems with your individual mod combination.  I don't think J1mbos ever had problems as it does not use the mod_sight.pyc file.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been testing Sword of Damocles crosshair today, had ESC/CTRL bug only once, and only when watching a replay. sights.pyc was reported in pyhon. So it was typical crosshair crash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Aslain said:

I have been testing Sword of Damocles crosshair today, had ESC/CTRL bug only once, and only when watching a replay. sights.pyc was reported in pyhon. So it was typical crosshair crash.

I have played 192 battles in the past 7 days and have not had any esc/ctrl problems at all, and I am using Sword of Damocles.  No problems with anything at all.  Everything works perfectly for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's known, caused by damage log gambiter, nobody fixed it yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

probably not necessary... but confirmed the problem with gambiter and its working without gambiter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And having it yet again...

Was happy with modack .25 all the time and suddenly it had that shit esacpe problem for 100% of the games again.

Updated to .28 still continues.

This time i don't have

  • "better crosshair" but damocles
  • gambiters but xvm damage log

 

 

_Aslain_logs.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, doofi said:

And having it yet again...

Was happy with modack .25 all the time and suddenly it had that shit esacpe problem for 100% of the games again.

Updated to .28 still continues.

This time i don't have

  • "better crosshair" but damocles
  • gambiters but xvm damage log

 

 

_Aslain_logs.zip

Sometimes I have the same problem the first battle that I play, I do ctrl (strng) Alt  delete (Entf) to get to the task manager where I will end the task World of Tanks.  When I restart the client, it usually will work perfectly for the rest of the session....and usually the rest of the day.

 

Damocles Sword will not load properly when this happens as in that it is not working at all.  I have a standard crosshair.

 

To Aslain:  in the Python logs below, the problem happened in the first battle from today 31 October.  I restarted as I stated above and everything worked fine.

python.log

_Aslain_logs.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

Hi Aslain!

 

I've started having same CTD as described- Started after last mini-patch(of course) and was first game I played after log in was CTD as noted seemed like after spotted. After first game CTD it would stabilize and no more problems. Today every game has CTD. Game tries to restart but it has lost my mouse so I have to kill it & restart then when I get in finally and bang right back out! This time get notice that windows has noticed WOT client has stopped working & will search for a solution  :)  Got back in again just as game ended, but not before it crashed one more time!

I don't use ANY sound, game or mod so now what?

 

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

Edited by 6bits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 6bits said:

Hi Aslain!

 

I've started having same CTD as described- Started after last mini-patch(of course) and was first game I played after log in was CTD as noted seemed like after spotted. After first game CTD it would stabilize and no more problems. Today every game has CTD. Game tries to restart but it has lost my mouse so I have to kill it & restart then when I get in finally and bang right back out! This time get notice that windows has noticed WOT client has stopped working & will search for a solution  :)  Got back in again just as game ended, but not before it crashed one more time!

I don't use ANY sound, game or mod so now what?

 

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

 

It's sight.pyc crashing everything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.